Pt2: Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Seriously how does this bloke have the reputation he does?

How does he seemingly have free reign to as he pleases at Essendon and end up with promotions.

What has he actually achieved?

All this talk about Worsfold and maybe he’s part of the problem but this bloke has been in charge of their list 7 years.

Won zero finals, his drafting leaves a fair bit to be desired in my opinion and year after year they have the same giant flaws.

This man has a lot of people conned including the media. Don’t think I’ve seen them ever criticise his record.

Always banging on about him winning trade periods. How can you win them when they don’t lead to any sort of genuine success?

Name one elite A grade footballer Dodoro has drafted in the last ten years? Besides maybe Merrett?

Name one.
Merrett is A grade but they have had a champion player since Hird retired, and I have serious doubts over his "preparation".

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mods can you please delete this thread in case Essendon see it and wise up to what is going on at Windy Hill.

Cheers.
It should be a Certified Legendary thread for a certified legendry Essendon man.

I look forward to Dodoro winning the trade and draft period once again.

No one does a better job of finding solid afl talent that can play 2-3 positions to a moderate standard. I mean from 2013-2016 he drafted Jayden Laverde, Kyle Langford, Aaron Francis, Darcy Parish, Mason Redman, Darcy Parish and Zach Merrett, Jordan Ridley and Andrew McGrath with picks inside 30, as well as Alex Morgs . 7-10 years later (those players are 24-28 and in their prime) and all except 1 are still in the AFL and have hit 100-150 games. 2x All Australians. The bloke just rarely misses... and the team sucks as a whole

He's the recruiting equivalent of the 60 year old golfer who takes a 3 iron off the tee, bunts it up the fairway, hits the green in 3 and 2 putts every time. Every shot is solid enough, but at the end of the day 18 over par isn't getting you the trophy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was both praise and criticism by the way.

Carlton in the same period drafted: Patrick Cripps, Blaine Boekhurst, Dillon Viojo-Rainbow, Jacob Weitering, Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow, Sam Petrevski-Seton and Zach Fisher with equivalent picks.

The overall ratio is worse but good lord... if you combine the two lists and rank the players it is quite possible that players 1-4 all play for Carlton, players 5-13 all play for Essendon (plus Francis in 14), 15 is Fisher, and the rest are out of the league.

All those singles and no boundaries.

That was both praise and criticism by the way.

Cmearlton in the same period drafted: Patrick Cripps, Blaine Boekhurst, Dillon Viojo-Rainbow, Jacob Weitering, Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow, Sam Petrevski-Seton and Zach Fisher with equivalent picks.

The overall ratio is worse but good lord... if you combine the two lists and rank the players it is quite possible that players 1-4 all play for Carlton, players 5-13 all play for Essendon (plus Francis in 14), 15 is Fisher, and the rest are out of the league.

All those singles and no boundaries.
Because he's playing the game wrong. The aim of the game isn't to find talent consistently, it's to build a list that can achieve greatness together. And that involves taking risks which he is obviously avoiding.

hes like the midfielder who kicks 3-4 goals a game while his opponants kick 6. At the end of the year he has a flashy highlights reel and a few brownlow votes while his team stuggled. You cant even say hes a standout midfielder because theres probably 10 others in the competotion who could kick 6 a game if they played like that. But they dont, because thats not what the game is. There's nothing to praise.

Because he's playing the game wrong. The aim of the game isn't to find talent consistently, it's to build a list that can achieve greatness together. And that involves taking risks which he is obviously avoiding.

hes like the midfielder who kicks 3-4 goals a game while his opponants kick 6. At the end of the year he has a flashy highlights reel and a few brownlow votes while his team stuggled. You cant even say hes a standout midfielder because theres probably 10 others in the competotion who could kick 6 a game if they played like that. But they dont, because thats not what the game is. There's nothing to praise.

Yep, agreed. Not sure about midfielders kicking that many goals but if Dodoro was a midfielder he would probably be Zach Merrett, racking up 25 touches will 17 handballs in a game his team lost by 120 points when they needed to win to make finals.

Yep, agreed. Not sure about midfielders kicking that many goals but if Dodoro was a midfielder he would probably be Zach Merrett, racking up 25 touches will 17 handballs in a game his team lost by 120 points when they needed to win to make finals.
My point of reference I had in mind were local leagues lol. But even then i got a bit excited I will admit.

It's fair to say I didn't get very far in my career.

I'm sure Ben McKay will solve the issue.

devil's advocate: 100+ thrashings arent a talent issue

this was an effort issue

remember theyre coming off a 2 game winning streak
Two close hard fought victory's against teams competing for this years prize

Remove this Banner Ad

Pt2: Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back