Punt Road End

Remove this Banner Ad

Hah hah hah. No he wasn't a talent scout for us and that was part of the problem: he DESPERATELY wanted to be. He was just a fanatic punter off the street, like most of us are.

He'd inundate the club with his thoughts on juniors, spreadsheets, want meetings with CC and Frank etc. etc. Hah hah....one time he turned up at Punt Road oval for a post draft Rookie evaluation session for the kids that had been overlooked and he went out onto the ground in the middle of a drill with his clipboard, all serious and such. CC told him in no uncertain terms to get off the ground. Gee it was funny.

Nice enough guy. Very eccentric. Didn't know his boundaries. Became a pest in the end.
That would've been amazing to see hahaha still he probably would've been a better scout than CC hehe

That would've been amazing to see hahaha still he probably would've been a better scout than CC hehe

Good bloke CC. I used to bag him out a lot, but I could (inter related .....long story). Working with the Giants now and going very well. The sh*t he had to endure at RFC you wouldn't want to know about....would've killed most people.

Ha ha ha this thread is an awesome find. Smasha, PharAce, Sharwy, DirtyDogTiger, Tooheys, U2 Tigers and Redford!!

I still have posters calling me JBDumbo03

To quote Tigerbob "Oh .....ffs."

Shouldn't you be learning to read a building map, or fixing an upside down exit sign ?

Cmon lads, let's get out of here. Dumbness has arrived.

I was on PRE for years and never endured the wrath of the cranky one but like Tooheys I knew to steer clear.

I appreciate the time and effort she put into the site but she was never suited to the role. Didn't know about the PM snooping. How pathetic.

Woe-is-me is a good description for her. Anyway, I wish her well and hope the Tiges can give her what she, and us all, really need: some sustained success.

I feel like I'm pissed walking down an alley and have stumbled across a PRE reunion. What has happened over there?

PREunion? Good work Brissie.
Not sure what's happened. Maybe rosy started a Hawks forum instead.;)

Ha ha ha this thread is an awesome find. Smasha, PharAce, Sharwy, DirtyDogTiger, Tooheys, U2 Tigers and Redford!!

I think Robert Redford gave me Tooheys as well. Annoying that it stuck.

Youre here now?!?!? Well im done :(

Jumbles is here, now all we need is Mumbles and we have a full house.

Looks like the site is back up - I don't have posting rights (I like to watch) and no new posts so I guess it's exit stage right for some of you?....................

Last edited:
PREunion? Good work Brissie.
Not sure what's happened. Maybe rosy started a Hawks forum instead.;)

I think Robert Redford gave me Tooheys as well. Annoying that it stuck.

Maybe if you drank a real beer at c80 you'd get named after something other than soapy beer ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you are way too generous in your descriptions of Michael Pahoff and his abilities as a judge of junior talent. He was good at spreadsheets and statistics, but time and again he was proven very wrong in his judgement. Of course, all recruiters get much wrong in hindsight, but his failure rate was very high. I recall that when Beck left he actually put himself forward to the club to be in charge of recruiting. They politely declined and did their best to accommodate his 'enthusiasm' from then on, but it became too much. From my experiences with him his ego was very large, as was his sense of self-importance, and he liked to hear the sound of his own voice.

Some of you are way too generous in your descriptions of Michael Pahoff and his abilities as a judge of junior talent. He was good at spreadsheets and statistics, but time and again he was proven very wrong in his judgement. Of course, all recruiters get much wrong in hindsight, but his failure rate was very high. I recall that when Beck left he actually put himself forward to the club to be in charge of recruiting. They politely declined and did their best to accommodate his 'enthusiasm' from then on, but it became too much. From my experiences with him his ego was very large, as was his sense of self-importance, and he liked to hear the sound of his own voice.
Is that Phanto?

Not sure if Michael posts any more or whether he keeps an interest in the juniors. Give him credit for something, despite all the ridicule and criticism he copped, he never got personal or upset.
Not so sure about that.

Phantom lost me with his Cale Morton over Trent Cotchin thoughts he defended to the tilt.

Phantom lost me with his Cale Morton over Trent Cotchin thoughts he defended to the tilt.
Yep.

I liked to read what he had to say, but everything was about stats and a kids physical dimensions, and not enough about watching how good they played

Classic, countnt get it more wrong actually..

Anyhow i posted for last 5 or so years on Pre and last 2 here, great site and lets hope it is a changeover, the more RFC supporter sites the better, Pre was different to BF and had a community feel to it, and most who posted had some strong views as tiger tragics whether they be right or wrong

Didn't Phantom have a run in with Richo lol. I remember he used to have plenty of stoushes with LeboTiger.
I thought he used PRE as a vehicle to try & land a job with the club which I didn't really like.

Anyways PRE may be up but think I'll be here more often given some of the posters who've reared their ugly heads:cool:.

Didn't Phantom have a run in with Richo lol. I remember he used to have plenty of stoushes with LeboTiger.
I thought he used PRE as a vehicle to try & land a job with the club which I didn't really like.

Anyways PRE may be up but think I'll be here more often given some of the posters who've reared their ugly heads:cool:.

He tried to sell his management system to the club for years, and was desperate for a gig. Got told by someone they gave him a polo and some busy work just to shut him up

Then there was the egm, and the deals behind that

The question is, how do we get rid of him ? We don't, and we risk being infected not just by him but all his other dumb mates i.e. Ridley, Boozy Days, Mercedes Benz 64and his best mate Craig. Just watch, he'll start soon on how we need to build a 80,000 seat stadium at Arden Street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Punt Road End

Remove this Banner Ad

Back