Q lynch gone to pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont need the best just need someone who can play that role effectively.... and he is a massive step up from Dawes.....

Cant always have the best.....

I didnt say best player, I said best fit. That takes everything into account....whether we want a ruckman who can play forward or the other way around, whether we want a temporary filler or a player with upside, how much salary we'd have to pay, and what he woudl cost in a trade.

I'm not convinced that Lynch is a better fit than one of Pederson Martin or Clarke, and there may be others out there including Giles.

Was hearing Richo state earlier today over the grand final coverage that it was virtually a done deal. Going to be interesting to see how the Pies fit him into the salary cap given they had no more room to move on with Clokes signing during the week

Was hearing Richo state earlier today over the grand final coverage that it was virtually a done deal. Going to be interesting to see how the Pies fit him into the salary cap given they had no more room to move on with Clokes signing during the week
There's a little room to move. Like all clubs, The pies' model wouldinclude players' salaries and increases. They would have allocated money to all with a figure in mind to have a play at out of contract players.

Didak and Jolly will clear close to $1 million in the salary cap and Lynch's contract will be more than likey back ended.

Why have so many people assumed that signing Cloke meant there is no room for any other players?
Because Eddie stated one the reasons Collingwood couldnt match the other big offers for Cloke by other clubs was because there was no room in the cap to offer him more. I am thinking the Pies might have to lose a player or 2 in order to fit Lynch into the cap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How exactly are Collingwood going to pay him as it was my understanding their salary cap is already maxed out?

Can only Speculate..
But i'd say Cam Wood may have possibly stayed as insurance.

But if Lynch is coming across, Wood is 100 % gone.

Woods Contract would have been around the $200-$250K mark.

Wellingham could very well be on his way to West Coast for Koby Stevens.

You'd think there would be a $150K difference in contracts there.

Considering Lynch is only on $250K a season, very easy to see that he could fit under the salary cap.

Because Eddie stated one the reasons Collingwood couldnt match the other big offers for Cloke by other clubs was because there was no room in the cap to offer him more. I am thinking the Pies might have to lose a player or 2 in order to fit Lynch into the cap
And the fact is that they did not offer or sign him for more dollars, only more time.

Can only Speculate..
But i'd say Cam Wood may have possibly stayed as insurance.

But if Lynch is coming across, Wood is 100 % gone.

Woods Contract would have been around the $200-$250K mark.

Wellingham could very well be on his way to West Coast for Koby Stevens.

You'd think there would be a $150K difference in contracts there.

Considering Lynch is only on $250K a season, very easy to see that he could fit under the salary cap.

Believe you are well off the $ mark on Wood, good work by his manager, apparently over the odds.

Is Lynch on a $250k base plus incentives OR just $250k?

A guy destabalises a clubs entire season with a simple request of five years over an offered four years. The season becomes an abject failure of which a lot can be attributed to the major distractions associated with this saga. The season then ends and the club buckles to his requirements, which had they been agreed to from the beginning, would have avoided all that which followed. At the end of the day the club retains one of its players just like every other club seems to do the majority of the time. Yet this is a cause for celebration and another club is the joke?

****ing lol. Carlton would be pissing their pants to make a prelim, yet the season was an abject failure. Far out, you're an embarrassing bunch.

Only Collinwood count the losing ones. How many is that for the Collingwood since 1958?

Why the **** would that matter? How do you think to yourself "Oh yeah this'll get 'em!" Carlton flogs, you are outdoing yourselves today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Q lynch gone to pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back