QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to the Roosters on a well deserved win yesterday at Oval 7. The better side on the day which played some pretty impressive footy.
Although we haven't seen Redcliffe yet but Roosters clearly deserving of being at the top of the table.

What happend in the reserves? Roosters could be in trouble if they have a few injures in the seniors later on in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happend in the reserves? Roosters could be in trouble if they have a few injures in the seniors later on in the season.

Yep - like most teams in this comp there is a reasonable gap between seniors and reserves re skill and fitness!!

For those not having a run on SUNDAY, we have Ipswich at home so feel free to come along for a bit of community footy!! We will also have a service of sorts to honor our Anzacs... I know Swoopa will be down for a world famous pirate burger!! ;)
Firstly great to see Ipswich and Moorooka on the up. I'd love to see them both make the Finals, Maybe even GF!
Great for the battlers!
I think the Buffs outdid you in the burgers stakes. One of our players bought one after the game at daft park Beenleigh, and bit into it, only to find the plastic wrapper was still on the cheese, He he he.:D I got to see it first hand.:D

Wow that's a bit harsh. KP played well against my team. They had some good passages of play. Probably lacking 2-3 quality players to be a good team. Logan still stink. I hope they have a better ruckman next time we play. That 7ft redhead made me laugh.

That's Typo, Spades- You put 2-3 players. I'm sure you meant 20-30 players.! Dead set It was the worst game of senior football I've seen in my life. The Buffs are a rabble. They should put them a division lower right away.

Well Logan were only marginally better !! Buffs have been pumped in all their games and an insipid Logan only beat them by 39 points.
Every team has belted Buffs by 10 goals more.
Logan kicked to contests and tried to play Rugby, if it was not for a half decent back line Buffs might have ran over them. Logan lacked intensity and had far to many unforced skill arears. Yes a Crap game to watch !!

Well Logan were only marginally better !! Buffs have been pumped in all their games and an insipid Logan only beat them by 39 points.
Every team has belted Buffs by 10 goals more.
Logan kicked to contests and tried to play Rugby, if it was not for a half decent back line Buffs might have ran over them. Logan lacked intensity and had far to many unforced skill arears. Yes a Crap game to watch !!
Insipid Logan- only doubled Buffs score. Haw haw. The Buffs best player was the umpire. That dark guy helped you blokes no end. The Buffs are shite and your trying to pump them up. The Cobras were twice as good despite their best 5 players missing. I mean lets simplify it it. Your saying the Buffs only got their score doubled, not quadrupled! Are you going to say they are good enough to play at this lowly level. Gus is pushing 40 and he was playing seniors. He was content playing ressies 12 months ago.

Haha you mustn't of watched the game that much I didn't even play on number 3.
I will have to give KP much respect after watching a very lacklustre game where errors where multiple but this skinny legged toothless bastard had a very good game and was one of a few to show some heart from the buffs

Insipid Logan- only doubled Buffs score. Haw haw. The Buffs best player was the umpire. That dark guy helped you blokes no end. The Buffs are shite and your trying to pump them up. The Cobras were twice as good despite their best 5 players missing. I mean lets simplify it it. Your saying the Buffs only got their score doubled, not quadrupled! Are you going to say they are good enough to play at this lowly level. Gus is pushing 40 and he was playing seniors. He was content playing ressies 12 months ago.

Can u please name the best 5 players that were missing bananabenda ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 goals down quarter time, got done by 6goals matched it for 3quarters, good effort by the buffs alot of positives to come from it the kids are going well,
But neverless we were confident of claiming 4pts and didn't the better side won well done too the cobbies expecting them too only get stronger as always in the 2nd half, now for a beer or 2

Last edited:
Well lets go for broke where is Allard and Willow Thought Shaw retired.

No Benda not a Buffs fan, Not associated with either; just a interested spectator

If the Cobras had dished up that rubbish in the past the coach would have flogged them all week and dropped half the team to the Division that the Buffs should be in

Let’s face it unless Logan change their attitude, double, no Quadruple their fitness and improve their skill level; next week is going to be ugly against the Top side.

Logan have always been Mongrels not pussy cats

The attitude was no different 3 years ago. We know skids was frustrated with 10 players turning up for training sessions. This included finals too. And they are not going to improve next week. And next week will be ugly. But that's where they are at.!
And your missing the point I'm not saying logan are a top 5 team. Far from it!. And that doesn't bother me a bit.

What I'm saying is BEENLEIGH are Shite!.
I will say it again- Beenleigh are shite!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm lovin it. Looking forward to reading the scores in 3 weeks time when I come back.:D:D:D:D:D

The attitude was no different 3 years ago. We know skids was frustrated with 10 players turning up for training sessions. This included finals too. And they are not going to improve next week. And next week will be ugly. But that's where they are at.!
And your missing the point I'm not saying logan are a top 5 team. Far from it!. And that doesn't bother me a bit.

And I'm lovin it. Looking forward to reading the scores in 3 weeks time when I come back.:D:D:D:D:D

Oh what a pitty ur leaving us

4 goals down quarter time, got done by 6goals matched it for 3quarters, good effort by the buffs alot of positives to come from it the kids are going well,
But neverless we were confident of claiming 4pts and didn't the better side won well done too the cobbies expecting them too only get stronger as always in the 2nd half, now for a beer or 2
Reall

Really, The attitude is different, they all turn up to train now but they play very different to past Logan teams.
The sides of previous years, Pero, Charlie, Sonny, Holthouse, Milligan, Roddy, Rhen, JJ, Jobbie, Cam, Willow, Stevie C and even Ried would have belted the current side; they had a pack mentality and were as hard as nails.
They would have certainly thrashed the current Beenleigh by 20 goals

Reall

Really, The attitude is different, they all turn up to train now but
they play very different to past
Logan teams.
The sides of previous years, Pero,
Charlie, Sonny, Holthouse,
Milligan, Roddy, Rhen, JJ,
Jobbie,
Cam, Willow, Stevie C and
even
Ried would have belted the
current side; they had a pack
mentality and were as hard as
nails.
They would have certainly
thrashed the current
Beenleigh by 20 goals
Glad to hear training
attendance has picked up, a
personal hatred of mine is
guys bludging on training then
whinging that the side doesn't
get the results they could have!
As far as hard as nails, back in the day they were very grubby (10 yr's ago) I've seen Cobras players fight each other on the field & once a Logan full-forward king hit our young full-back 150m off the ball,
reported by the goal umpire! But I
havent seen them use those
tactics of late so they probably
deserve a clean slate of sorts. As for a change in playing list, I'm sure all sides could name their best 22 of the past 5 years and claim sheer awesomeness!

Getting my tips in early

GM by 12+ goals (thumping)
Ipswich by 3-4 goals (close)
Pine rivers 15+ goals (thumping)
Redcliffe by 3 goals (close)

Glad to hear training
attendance has picked up, a
personal hatred of mine is
guys bludging on training then
whinging that the side doesn't
get the results they could have!
As far as hard as nails, back in the day they were very grubby (10 yr's ago) I've seen Cobras players fight each other on the field & once a Logan full-forward king hit our young full-back 150m off the ball,
reported by the goal umpire! But I
havent seen them use those
tactics of late so they probably
deserve a clean slate of sorts. As for a change in playing list, I'm sure all sides could name their best 22 of the past 5 years and claim sheer awesomeness!
I believe that was the 2011 or 2012 side and he left out Dill and Ash Whitney
Bloody Dill kicked 11 goals against Ippy one Sat arvo.

GM by plenty
Ippy easily
Pine rivers mauling
UQ in a close one

I believe that was the 2011 or 2012 side and he left out Dill and Ash Whitney
Bloody Dill kicked 11 goals against
Ippy one Sat arvo.
GM by plenty
Ippy easily
Pine rivers mauling
UQ in a close one
Fair point, us dinosaurs have a habit of not letting go of the Jurassic days of footy!
In more recent times I believe Redcliffe have 11 or 12 players from their 2012 Premiership players no longer wearing the strip each Saturday..much can change in local footy

Does anyone know what went down at oval 7 last night??? Something about a booze cruise and swimming in the brisbane river. Do the red lions have a new training drill ? It sounds like a really good one!

Does anyone know what went down at oval 7 last night??? Something about a booze cruise and swimming in the brisbane river. Do the red lions have a new training drill ? It sounds like a really good one!

Some of the college lads from across the grades might be able to shed some light on that one... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back