QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I said I wouldnt be back but I couldn't resist I have a really good mate who is a past logan player and has friends there still . he came down to the game with his 3 year old daughter and his fiancee to have a watch and had to leave the logan supporter area near the park because he couldn't let his kid listen to the language and abuse from the people from the cobras!!

was a good game the cobras players played pressure football and took it to us ! bad kicking is bad football!

as a player who stood directly infront of the coach at 3qtr time I actually had to ask a team mate today if all this talk was about our coach haha it was a wiked spray but it sounds like he killed somone hah .

what next ? I look forward to the next chapter ..

oh hey kp#4 beers soon??

So your sticking up for your brother, who is either so poorly educated or can't handle pressure that he needs to resort to yelling Fu5k at the top of his voice every 10 seconds. At least your friends were able to move away from the language around them, no-one could not hear your foul mouthed brother.

So your sticking up for your brother, who is either so poorly educated or can't handle pressure that he needs to resort to yelling Fu5k at the top of his voice every 10 seconds. At least your friends were able to move away from the language around them, no-one could not hear your foul mouthed brother.

of course hes poorly educated he went to sale high school, there all grubs! and yeah im sticking up for him hes only a little fella and he needs protecting . :) kp ill be sure to let him know when, ur shout he said (shout as in you pay for beer not as in raising your voice . this really upsets snake eyes ) :)

Whoa! This forum got nasty quick...fair enough, it is opinion based.
IMO a warranted spray from the coach is a lot rarer these days but still can have its place...in the rooms! On the ground I see it 3 ways:
1. The coach can't control himself, looks terrible
2. The coach wants the attention of the supporters, people to say "wow that spray worked" or
3. The coach was sending a message to his opponents rather this his own team...
Who knows, who cares now?
On to footy, Redcliffe & UQ: was a decent game to watch, the wind only a factor with set shots. Redcliffe were very good with their handball & pressure, the latter causing UQ to fumble through transition, the exact same point for the ressies, just reverse the sides. UQ's 2's are a tall unit. Overall the Uni lads & the tigers played the ball all day, good to see some actually footy - no grubs to report!

swearing so loudly and repeatedly was shameful when kids are at the ground, no wonder the roosters have no juniors if that is the standard they allow at their club. It is also a public place and I saw some local parents in the playground with their kids looking shocked at what their kids were hearing from 30 metres away. The coach's name is on the team sheet and is able to be reported by the umpires and they along with half the suburb heard his foul mouthed rant.
So snake let me get my head around this ,your hanging a coach for swearing loudly in the heat of the moment in a tight game ok it was over the top but stiff get over it , lets not throw stones mate remember not so long a go one of your player did some some nasty things to a dog , and last year your coach punched a parent of a player

"with a fifths side underneath them the competition for spots should hold them in good stead as the season progresses"

Sorry, is this the same 5ths side that got pumped by 200 a couple of weeks ago against the Woodsmen in that division? You had better hope there's no injuries in your reserves, I don't know if there's many "prospects" coming through your 5ths.

You've inadvertently hit the nail on the head mate. Would you rather play on the team which gets touched up every week, or on the one which is a chance for a third flag in a row? Despite our QAFA B boys likely struggling for most of the year their existence does add an element of competition for spots in the side above them (being our QAFA A reserves) and this is never a bad thing.

"with a fifths side underneath them the competition for spots should hold them in good stead as the season progresses"

Sorry, is this the same 5ths side that got pumped by 200 a couple of weeks ago against the Woodsmen in that division? You had better hope there's no injuries in your reserves, I don't know if there's many "prospects" coming through your 5ths.

We were missing 5 or 6 of our best in that ressises win on the weekend due to a wedding and a couple of injuries, the 5ths players that came up were excellent.

Wouldn't the 5th players go directly to your senior side??

Except for a few guys who are playing 3rds because they can't commit the amount of additional time that's required to play QAFL, there is and always had been a pretty clear "top-down" selection policy at the club - 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5

Hi All,

New to this thread.. looks like some pretty interesting conversations taking place!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swoopa - this forum is much the poorer without your diplomacy!!
How is life at the QFA heights mate. From the results I have seem looks like its quite a step up....
Yes definitely a step up, which is something we were quite aware.

We had to make the call to stepup now with large numbers of juniors in the older ages ready to come through. We had to make a call as to which division parents would be wanting their kids to play footy in, with access to some higher level clubs around the area.

After 2 GF's last year we've had a large number of retirements, and a number of players away so were looking forward to having our 2 best sides out there more consistently.

Good to see that this Div is fiercely competitive!

so what Logan team will Redcliffe face this week? is THIS the week that all the guns come back? might be too little too late if they don't play and start notching up the guaranteed wins they will get with these 4-5 players

Hi QFF,

Just a mutual observer mate! Are all the people on this associated with a particular club?

I would say most do, not as if people just stumble on the page,

Neutral maybe ! None the less it's good to see people taking an interest in local footy .

I'll be heading to see pine rivers vMoorooka this Saturday! Swans might get the cookies I'll say pine rivers by 13 in what I think is a grand final preview.

In regard to Logan and other teams I would imagine, if your not fully strength by round 7 and have had a bye week and a week off for easter (9 weeks total) then my thoughts are you may just be a little optimistic.

Thats what the team sheet says
I just wanted to see why, out of form unfit whatever ?
I was also looking to see if Mill was playing, sadly not
Is this not what we go to games to watch ?, players, teams and give our misguided thoughts on
so what Logan team will Redcliffe face this week? is THIS the week that all the guns come back? might be too little too late if they don't play and start notching up the guaranteed wins they will get with these 4-5 players

We are all waiting .

Neutral maybe ! None the less it's good to see people taking an interest in local footy .

I'll be heading to see pine rivers vMoorooka this Saturday! Swans might get the cookies I'll say pine rivers by 13 in what I think is a grand final preview.

In regard to Logan and other teams I would imagine, if your not fully strength by round 7 and have had a bye week and a week off for easter (9 weeks total) then my thoughts are you may just be a little optimistic.

Have to disagree as Logan have proven 4 years in a row u can start winning with 5-6 rounds to go and still play finals and even grand finals.

Also disagree about the Moorooka game , from what I've seen pine rivers don't travel well and will not get within 5 goals of the roosters .

Yeah I think Neutral is probably the better word to describe it!

It's good to see people are passionate about community footy!

I think the Roosters are looking solid this year. Seen them play a few times but haven't had the chance to see Pine Rivers yet! 6 and 0 record is pretty impressive though so I would imagine it would be hard to get passed them... should be a good hit out and yes possibly a preview to the grand final!

How come Pine Rivers struggle away from home?

Wait all you like, I am off to see Mooroka v Pine. GF preview
Looking forward to watching
Butler and Boucher

Be a great spectacle I would think . Also have the 2 leading goal kickers going head to head at each end of the ground . Looks like I won't get there again this week . QFF will u be there to give one of ure famous match reports?

So previously it was "too early" to predict the GF & top 5 etc...the general consensus was "we won't know until Rnd 6 or so"...
Any takers?
My top 5 from here:
Pine Rivers
Griffith Moorooka
Redcliffe
Logan
Ipswich
Grand Final:
Pine Rivers vs Redcliffe

On another note, when & who will Beenleigh beat for their 1st win, or if?

Still sticking with
Redcliffe pine rivers GF
Hopefully soon were deffently improving if not always 2015:D

Kyle Kyle Kyle where is ure love for np1's roosters?

What's everyone tips for this weekend

Moorooka by 33 points
Redcliffe 21 points
Ipswich by 47 points
Park ridge by 2points

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back