QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

#7 of course, kids a freak!
# 4 Flowers & #20 - 17 goals between the two is impressive

and the biggest headaches for the day would of been #29 and #7 from Carrara

I spoke to a chap from carrara today, I don't know his name but from the conversation I'm to assume he is a player he was at hungry jacks and I just happened to see his shirt, He told me that roosters midfield looked harden and fit. But didn't rate them still

He also mentioned that a few of the roosters give as good a lip as they get . Np#1 I actually think your #1 may have been mentioned as a culprit AGAIN.

I liked hearing this I feel this forum has encouraged it .

I can't wait to watch some local footy this week. Good to be back in a warm state too.

Logan - Red Lions
Massive improvment from their ressies - very hungry for the ball and were able to put some very nice movements together from one end of the ground to the other. They are only 2 from 10 BUT I reckon a little more fitness and consistent playing group and we will see a good move up the ladder as we get into round 2.
Our seniors started the season well but have struggled to put it all together over the last few weeks. Yesterday we expected and got a torrid first half with only a kick in it eiter way. 4 goals in 8 mins at the start of the 3rd quarter put some serious wind in the sails and home we came with a pretty dominant 2nd half.
Good day on the scoreboard for us yesterday but that is not what was worthy of comment.
Can't say that we have always enjoyed outings to Tansey Park - and this forum has on a regular basis seen contributors give it the cobbies players and culture. Well...a massive shout out to the cobbies boys and management. Great day of community football yesterday both on and off the field. Someone has got their shit together at Tansey Park and what we witnessed yesterday was very very different to what we expected. It was good hard footy where players and spectators entertained in each other in an appropriate and friendly way.
Take a bow cobbies one and all - and best of luck for the rest of the season!!
unfortunately being nice is not winning us football games and not having Milligan for the year does not help .......

I spoke to a chap from carrara today, I don't know his name but from the conversation I'm to assume he is a player he was at hungry jacks and I just happened to see his shirt, He told me that roosters midfield looked harden and fit. But didn't rate them still

He also mentioned that a few of the roosters give as good a lip as they get . Np#1 I actually think your #1 may have been mentioned as a culprit AGAIN.

I liked hearing this I feel this forum has encouraged it .

I can't wait to watch some local footy this week. Good to be back in a warm state too.

I can't figure out weather u really like me or really hate me either way cheers and if he doesn't rate our mids then i wonder what the need to do I'm not saying we did win by 100 points but .....we did .

Also not having g.ablett for the year hurts us .

Spectator - very odd response. Last time I checked being grubs either on or off the field doesn't win you football games either!!
oldman sounds like you have been visiting Tansey park for years, so i am guessing that you know that Logan have been in two Grand finals and an Elim final in the last three years, I would say thats winning a few games.
But it is refreshing that you have kind words to say and the comp is for the better that Logan have cleaned up and changed, too bad that Carrara have taken over as the new Grubs

Logan - Red Lions
Massive improvment from their ressies - very hungry for the ball and were able to put some very nice movements together from one end of the ground to the other. They are only 2 from 10 BUT I reckon a little more fitness and consistent playing group and we will see a good move up the ladder as we get into round 2.
Our seniors started the season well but have struggled to put it all together over the last few weeks. Yesterday we expected and got a torrid first half with only a kick in it eiter way. 4 goals in 8 mins at the start of the 3rd quarter put some serious wind in the sails and home we came with a pretty dominant 2nd half.
Good day on the scoreboard for us yesterday but that is not what was worthy of comment.
Can't say that we have always enjoyed outings to Tansey Park - and this forum has on a regular basis seen contributors give it the cobbies players and culture. Well...a massive shout out to the cobbies boys and management. Great day of community football yesterday both on and off the field. Someone has got their shit together at Tansey Park and what we witnessed yesterday was very very different to what we expected. It was good hard footy where players and spectators entertained in each other in an appropriate and friendly way.
Take a bow cobbies one and all - and best of luck for the rest of the season!!

My one and only post before I delete my user!!!!

Yes oldman we have our shit together and its here to stay.
We have made a concentrated effort to change the culture, The coach has had great input into this change as well.

We still have a long way to go

But “good hard footy where players and spectators entertained in each other in an appropriate way” is the direction we want to head
We all enjoyed the day and look forward to our next encounter, hopefully with different results
We have had good players in the past and we will have great players in the future. Players that train together and play together, players that bleed for their jumper.

Thanks for the wrap, I have always enjoyed playing Uni,I will pass on the wrap for the ressies, The Coach has them heading in the right direction.

My one and only post before I delete my user!!!!

Yes oldman we have our shit together and its here to stay.
We have made a concentrated effort to change the culture, The coach has had great input into this change as well.

We still have a long way to go

But “good hard footy where players and spectators entertained in each other in an appropriate way” is the direction we want to head
We all enjoyed the day and look forward to our next encounter, hopefully with different results
We have had good players in the past and we will have great players in the future. Players that train together and play together, players that bleed for their jumper.

Thanks for the wrap, I have always enjoyed playing Uni,I will pass on the wrap for the ressies, The Coach has them heading in the right direction.
You got it Benny. All the UQ lads noticed a palpable change and we applaud the Logan Club for what they have done.
For our own club we apply a fairly stringent "no dickheads" policy to both players and supporters - and it works a treat!!
As I said keep up the good work - and ignore the shit from those who don't have the good grace to at least acknowledge what you are trying to achieve. From what I read here there are some who ought take a leaf from your book!!

You got it Benny. All the UQ lads noticed a palpable change and we applaud the Logan Club for what they have done.
For our own club we apply a fairly stringent "no dickheads" policy to both players and supporters - and it works a treat!!
As I said keep up the good work - and ignore the shit from those who don't have the good grace to at least acknowledge what you are trying to achieve. From what I read here there are some who ought take a leaf from your book!!
Fair to say none of the blokes on the balcony during last years Ressies GF are playing anymore then? ;)

Tips this week -
Moorooka to get done by 4 goals cos everyone knows how easy they are to beat now thanks to lucky ducky.

Park ridge 35 points coming along nicely at the right time my tip to finish strong and get 3rd/4th at was of season

Logan to have a good win this week not sure why just reckon there due and maybe there 5 guns will finally play ???

And finally Ipswich to win easy it's just so simple - just stop bond,Niven,richo,stringer and there other good players and play high intensity footy for all 4 qaurters I don't think redcliffe will score this week
wow 'were back' you are a total ****head i suppose the umpires cost redcliffe the game, its pretty obvious you don't rate ipswich but i think thats the way they like it. it was a great game and redcliffe were graciouse in defeat and let me tell 'were back' it does take four solid quarters intensity to beat redcliffe they are great team, but the boys will need to turn up in two weeks switched on because uq will be another tough game,there seniors have improved from last years so I'm thinking it will be a tight tussle

wow 'were back' you are a total ****head i suppose the umpires cost redcliffe the game, its pretty obvious you don't rate ipswich but i think thats the way they like it. it was a great game and redcliffe were graciouse in defeat and let me tell 'were back' it does take four solid quarters intensity to beat redcliffe they are great team, but the boys will need to turn up in two weeks switched on because uq will be another tough game,there seniors have improved from last years so I'm thinking it will be a tight tussle

Lucky ducky why so aggressive my tip was correct Ipswich to win I didn't put u or Ipswich down .not sure what I've done wrong by u I don't dislike Ipswich at all mate . As I said last week Ipswich won't loose another game and will finish 3rd . If I hurt your feelings I am sincerely sorry lucky .

Hey old man surely you must have at least 1 "dickhead" at your club??? Every club has one! I played uq once and a guy was wearing a sweatband. Either you found him at a tennis court or he was a "dickhead". If I have a bit to much cab sav I turn into a massive "dickhead" lolz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys I didn't make it to any games this weekend but looks interesting, season slowly taking shape.

Something different to get a bit of an on field look maybe a few questions about the opposition. Mix it up a bit !

Who do you rate as

Best player from opposition?

Best coach?

Best sledger ?

Hardest player ?

if any players read along would be interesting to see your thoughts.

Who do you rate as

Best player from opposition? Mitchy Vaster once up and running will be far too good for this comp.

Best coach? Has to go to Timmy from the roosters, only have to look at where were they were to where they are now,

Best sledger ? Moisty was good. Best sledge towards me was in 2009 when he asked if I left my talent at Robina when I left after being blanketed and well beaten by Boof on the day. Stupid taggers.

Hardest player ? Probably not hard in the sense people are thinking, but Robbo form the BUffs has never shirked a contest and constantly puts himself in harms way.

I havent seen much of this comp this year, but it seems the top 5 are well ahead of the rest. Might have to pull on the boots for a few games just to feel special again.

Hi all,

Missed the games on the weekend but looks like there were some good contests both in the seniors and reserves.

Does this comp have a rep competition where the best players are selected from the division in a side to compete against other areas or divisions?

[QUOTE="Morro, post: 33257685, member:

Best player from opposition? Mitchy Vaster once up and running will be far too good for this comp.

I havent seen much of this comp this year, but it seems the top 5 are well ahead of the rest. Might have to pull on the boots for a few games just to feel special again.[/QUOTE]
wheres Mitch playing mate

[QUOTE="Morro, post: 33257685, member:

I havent seen much of this comp this year, but it seems the top 5 are well ahead of the rest. Might have to pull on the boots for a few games just to feel special again.
wheres Mitch playing mate[/QUOTE]

Mitchy isn't playing . He had asked to come play with me and his brother Justin at the roosters but work commitments obviously prevented this. Would have been a good guy to have at the club for sure I say this Purley cause he's my best mate. And if I'm honest it would suck for any team to play against him .

Have only watched 3 games in this league so far this year, but like the look of the Roosters side - where has all this talent come from?

Within.

13 of our senior side have been here for 3 + years now there not kids any more . With some handy coaching staff and hard training and a couple of old roosters returning eg. Flowers,shaw,Hodgetts .

Have only watched 3 games in this league so far this year, but like the look of the Roosters side - where has all this talent come from?

Moorooka by 137 points- coming into peak for the run home look out beenliegh fullback might have a sore neck watching the ball going through the big sticks .

Park ridge far to good for an improving Logan 51 points

Pine rivers at home too strong 33 points

Redcliffe in a tight one all the way down at Carrara fairly long drive Saturday morning . 17 points

Moorooka by 137 points- coming into peak for the run home look out beenliegh fullback might have a sore neck watching the ball going through the big sticks .

Redcliffe in a tight one all the way down at Carrara fairly long drive Saturday morning . 17 points

I might have to go watch this. Nothing better than a Beenleigh flogging.

Tigers have a Sunday match this week at Carrara. Should be an interesting match. Could go either way.
Tigers + or - 50 points but will win.

Roosters by 10 goals +

Park Ridge by 5 goals

Pine Rivers by 5 goals fresh from a break.

Tips:
Seniors:
Pirates by 48
Roosters by 120
Swans by 22
Tigers by 38
Reserves:
Pirates by 2
Roosters by 26
Red Lions by 40
Tigers by 50

Remove this Banner Ad