QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All. Unfortunately our club umpire has injured his knee and AFLQ cannot help us.

Does anyone know of a club or accredited umpires who'd be willing to do the Ressies game at Coolangatta on Saturday?

Just shot you an old fashion SMS txt message Swoop!! Hopefully he/they can help!!

Morro I don't think it was as good as the banter you received with varying colours of boots each year. But I credit the age of orange, purple, blue, yellow and pink (did I miss any) boots to you so you were a pioneer my friend... ;)

Hi All. Unfortunately our club umpire has injured his knee and AFLQ cannot help us.

Does anyone know of a club or accredited umpires who'd be willing to do the Ressies game at Coolangatta on Saturday?
Swoopa - would usually be able to help mate but we are playing at Pine Rivers and unfortunately our QAFA B boys (many are qualified) are playing Saturday morning instead of Friday night.
Just a suggestion - at the start of the season we got the AFLQ guy to come to the club on a specified night and we put 25 guys through the course (you just have to sit and listen). It ensure you never have a problem. Most will never be called upon but at least you are covered.
Just a suggestion - Have a chat to the other side and agree that one of your competent seniors to do it - the fact that he might have same name as your registered club ump (for paperwork purposes) is just one of those freakish things that occurs in community football;)

My tips for this weekend are:

Parkridge by 6 goals
Roosters by 12 goals
Pine Rivers by 4 goals
Redcliffe by 10 goals

Just shot you an old fashion SMS txt message Swoop!! Hopefully he/they can help!!

Morro I don't think it was as good as the banter you received with varying colours of boots each year. But I credit the age of orange, purple, blue, yellow and pink (did I miss any) boots to you so you were a pioneer my friend... ;)

Haha I used to love the attention mate.

Swoopa - would usually be able to help mate but we are playing at Pine Rivers and unfortunately our QAFA B boys (many are qualified) are playing Saturday morning instead of Friday night.
Just a suggestion - at the start of the season we got the AFLQ guy to come to the club on a specified night and we put 25 guys through the course (you just have to sit and listen). It ensure you never have a problem. Most will never be called upon but at least you are covered.
Just a suggestion - Have a chat to the other side and agree that one of your competent seniors to do it - the fact that he might have same name as your registered club ump (for paperwork purposes) is just one of those freakish things that occurs in community football;)
Thanks mate. Think we sorted it. Great idea might put it to the committee. Would be handy to get some non players there also.

A bit of a surprise to see the Cobs manage a draw. More shots at goal but way wood kicking by the pirates might have cost them. Both clubs are close to each other on the ladder.
Meanwhile, forgot to mention, great to see the Roosters doing well after many years in the cellar.

A bit of a surprise to see the Cobs manage a draw. More shots at goal but way wood kicking by the pirates might have cost them. Both clubs are close to each other on the ladder.
Meanwhile, forgot to mention, great to see the Roosters doing well after many years in the cellar.
3 Park Ridge 11 5 4 1 1 994 911 109.11 22
4 Pine Rivers 11 5 4 0 2 975 696 140.09 20
5 University of Queensland 10 5 4 0 1 783 589 132.94 20
6 Ipswich 10 4 3 1 2 689 592 116.39 18
7 Logan 11 3 6 1 1 541 851 63.57 14

Real close hey Benda ???

QFA North & South, QAFA (A)... This comp has interest! Liking how it's playing out..
The Tigers returned from Carrara today with 2 wins albeit after some spirited challenge. My source (a mate who played 2's) said the ressies were level at halftime, the Saints had a good 2nd qtr & chose the 'pop the champaigne corks' however a 10 goal to none 2nd half made
the bubbly taste awful! Club
umps were there allegedly!
Seniors was a shootout for 2
qtrs with tidy accuracy but
again the Saints played a good
2nd qtr & had a standing 'O' at
halftime. Never been there
but have a "noisy balcony"...
After a 3rd qtr arm wrestle
the Tiges made the most of a
tired Carrara and applied
consistency..
Thank #%*# I'm retired...H&A
Sunday fixtures at this level..

QFA North & South, QAFA (A)... This comp has interest! Liking how it's playing out..
The Tigers returned from Carrara today with 2 wins albeit after some spirited challenge. My source (a mate who played 2's) said the ressies were level at halftime, the Saints had a good 2nd qtr & chose the 'pop the champaigne corks' however a 10 goal to none 2nd half made
the bubbly taste awful! Club
umps were there allegedly!
Seniors was a shootout for 2
qtrs with tidy accuracy but
again the Saints played a good
2nd qtr & had a standing 'O' at
halftime. Never been there
but have a "noisy balcony"...
After a 3rd qtr arm wrestle
the Tiges made the most of a
tired Carrara and applied
consistency..
Thank #%*# I'm retired...H&A
Sunday fixtures at this level..

Haha their coach in the 1's was sending players out to "piss off" certain players. The only one getting pissed off was their coach because those players were still dominating. Not many people can stop Bondy the big unit. Good win by the Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha their coach in the 1's was sending players out to "piss off" certain players. The only one getting pissed off was their coach because those players were still dominating. Not many people can stop Bondy the big unit. Good win by the Tigers.

Heard whispers of a rep game for this league ? Anyone shed any light on this if it's true ? Where and when ?

The Warwick field isn't the best of fields. Few pot holes. I played for the darling downs team 2 years ago. Our comp should run over them pretty easily.

Interesting, so ippy and uni play I'd find it hard to see many Beenleigh Logan or carrara players make the cut and pirates best players are away!.

Maybe a tigers,swans,roosters team ??

I'd say the Griffith coach is a good choice, based on you would imagine being undefeated he would have an influence of getting maybe half his boys to play .. just a thought and rightfully so.

Np#1 can you shed any light maybe ?
Will you be playing?

I'll say 8-10 roosters
3-5 swans
1 saint
1-2 buff
3-6 tigers
1 cobra .

0 park ridge
0 eagles
0 uni

Remove this Banner Ad