QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting, so ippy and uni play I'd find it hard to see many Beenleigh Logan or carrara players make the cut and pirates best players are away!.

Maybe a tigers,swans,roosters team ??

I'd say the Griffith coach is a good choice, based on you would imagine being undefeated he would have an influence of getting maybe half his boys to play .. just a thought and rightfully so.

Np#1 can you shed any light maybe ?
Will you be playing?

I'll say 8-10 roosters
3-5 swans
1 saint
1-2 buff
3-6 tigers
1 cobra .

0 park ridge
0 eagles
0 uni

Probably just a roosters team with a couple swans.

Probably just a roosters team with a couple swans.

Is this because of unavailable players do you think? Why no tigers spades??

Bond?

From the games I've seen I would have an easy 6 roosters in the comps best however, does the roosters coach risk that many of his players ?

I like/love that there is rep footy!

From what I've seen tigers will have a walk up 4 if avaliable and pine rivers have some genuine guns on half back!

I can't wait to see the team .

Is this because of unavailable players do you think? Why no tigers spades??

Bond?

From the games I've seen I would have an easy 6 roosters in the comps best however, does the roosters coach risk that many of his players ?

I like/love that there is rep footy!

From what I've seen tigers will have a walk up 4 if avaliable and pine rivers have some genuine guns on half back!

I can't wait to see the team .

Yeah a few boys were asked. Most are busy. I'm undecided. They should just play the whole roosters team.

Interesting, so ippy and uni play I'd find it hard to see many Beenleigh Logan or carrara players make the cut and pirates best players are away!.

Maybe a tigers,swans,roosters team ??

I'd say the Griffith coach is a good choice, based on you would imagine being undefeated he would have an influence of getting maybe half his boys to play .. just a thought and rightfully so.

Np#1 can you shed any light maybe ?
Will you be playing?

I'll say 8-10 roosters
3-5 swans
1 saint
1-2 buff
3-6 tigers
1 cobra .

0 park ridge
0 eagles
0 uni

Probably on the money I'd say iv got no clue only the roosters who got invited
I'll be going along for a look tho might have a train with the boys but won't be playing to my knowledge.
If players are unavailable I'll put my hand up but definitely not in the best 22 from all avaliable hell not in the best 122 lol.

Hope all the best avaliable want to play I'm looking forward to watching the likes of Grainger , bond, dai, boucher flowers all run around on the same field

Don't think that the 11 days notice for the game helps. I know it was due to a late pull out of a team for this game... If it were later in the year and time to organize I think they would have a better side. But I'm sure all who play will represent us well... ;)

Don't think that the 11 days notice for the game helps. I know it was due to a late pull out of a team for this game... If it were later in the year and time to organize I think they would have a better side. But I'm sure all who play will represent us well... ;)

They were suppose to play northern rivers. They pulled out last year as well. The year before that when I played they were rubbish. I think if it wasn't rushed and planned better it would be a good game.

Surely the "big sauce" from Logan would the the first ruck man picked. What do you reckon spades?

Haha you're funny. Good luck to whoever plays in the ruck. The DD has a 7ft ruckman who plays like an on baller. Plus a back up ruckman who's ok. Roosters ruckman probably the only ruckman I really rate this year. Young and can jump higher than me.

Haha you're funny. Good luck to whoever plays in the ruck. The DD has a 7ft ruckman who plays like an on baller. Plus a back up ruckman who's ok. Roosters ruckman probably the only ruckman I really rate this year. Young and can jump higher than me.

100% agree roosters ruck is a freak .

I seen the roosters runner on the weekend was interesting to see, are they hiding something from the comp? If I'm not mistaken he's the guy from Springwood pumas and played in the ruck in there grand final loss last year, if the roosters coach has him as a runner maybe he was getting some fitness into him for a reason? Just throwing it out there .

good luck to all involved I'll be watching uni v eagles this week coming .

On a side note, beenleigh look to have improved by alot from when I seen them first this year ! They could have some success sooner then expected.

100% agree roosters ruck is a freak .

I seen the roosters runner on the weekend was interesting to see, are they hiding something from the comp? If I'm not mistaken he's the guy from Springwood pumas and played in the ruck in there grand final loss last year, if the roosters coach has him as a runner maybe he was getting some fitness into him for a reason? Just throwing it out there .

good luck to all involved I'll be watching uni v eagles this week coming .

On a side note, beenleigh look to have improved by alot from when I seen them first this year ! They could have some success sooner then expected.
Shaved head?

Mitch Vasterink was our runner , he was at my place for dinner and asked him to help a mate out. Potentially nothing to read into there .

My prediction is Alan flowers could kick 15 + goals this week . Jordan Grainger to get the best on medal (if there is 1) bond/robinson/flowers could be skipper .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Vasterink was our runner , he was at my place for dinner and asked him to help a mate out. Potentially nothing to read into there .

My prediction is Alan flowers could kick 15 + goals this week . Jordan Grainger to get the best on medal (if there is 1) bond/robinson/flowers could be skipper .

No bond in rep game.

Mitch's brother plays there ? Tiger might play for park ridge at some point?

No bond in rep game.

Mitch's brother plays there ? Tiger might play for park ridge at some point?

Oh no bond!

Mitchys brother played for us until he got a job coaching basketball in China . Likely story I know .

Mitch would be playing if work permitted him to however he is unavailable most weekends due to it . And I'm sure mitch might have an occasional read here so g'day mate.

Maybe troy Morris out of retirement for a rep game ??
I also can't wait to see flowers play his natural game this week without a major game plan and I'm told by the man himself he's looking forward to really opening up in the second half of the season and start kicking strait . uh oh I say if that's the case .

Sure is. I played at springwood a few years ago. He should have a been drafted.

I've not seen him play but I've seen mitch. Mitchy won Springwood bnf in 2012 and named ruck in div 1 team of the year so no wonder Springwood made the granny last year. With those 2 rotating in the ruck.

Cheers kp he's ok was a heavy fall. Good work sat mate .

I've not seen him play but I've seen mitch. Mitchy won Springwood bnf in 2012 and named ruck in div 1 team of the year so no wonder Springwood made the granny last year. With those 2 rotating in the ruck.

Cheers kp he's ok was a heavy fall. Good work sat mate .
Both good players. Brendan Iles won the B&F at springwood last year he's playing for the Darling Downs team this year and will be captain.

Off topic, but is anyone else as happy as i am that Caboolture are getting absolutely demoralized in the division above? coming last with 0 wins and 16% even losing to the second bottom side Nambour by 140 points. A for an against of 259 and 1756 thanks to only scoring 1 yes 1 point against mayne who put on 250 odd against them.

now this isnt an attack just heard some very arrogant ambitions from that footy club who have been GIFTED the best facilities in QLD. just love that they've been brought back down to earth. i think they will either come down a division next year or they will struggle to field a team, who would want to go out there each and get pumped. Can't even use the whole they're a good bunch of blokes reasoning

Jokes aside, I suppose now is as good as time as any to put to bed some of the opinions of the Burpengary facility. Firstly it's not a "gift" it's certainly not free and carries many more conditions of operation than other clubhouses. When Caboolture was first granted its ground way back in 1996 the CSC (Caboolture Shire Council) had planned to permanently home the club at Alexander Barr Oval and the facility was designed as such with the available land to expand. Unfortunately the land proved entirely unsuitable for a football ground and during the late 90's a shift in town planning policy saw the Council plan an expansion of all its sports and recreation facilities. A new ground was planned at Caboolture's (CSC) sport precinct in Burpengary to take advantage of the future growth and investment in that area. The Caboolture Lions were able to secure the facility partly because of strong support within the council by our local councillor and strident lobbying by our long term committee members (lobbying in the traditional sense where you sell your vision of the future, not lobbying in an ICAC sense where people forget how much dinner cost). The project was delayed by political mechanisations beyond everyone's control (amalgamation). By the time the new council was ready to approve the project the AFLQ and AFL had expressed interest in co-tenancy of the facility as an alternative to Zillmere and Yeronga and the council was more than interested in providing a facility that would host a range of events.

Caboolture Lions and AFLQ share a con-tennancy on the facility and "pay-per-play." The facility was fully funded by the MBRC with funds allocated by the old CSC. The AFL provided a $500,000 grant to build the coaches box's and increase the lighting to provide an AFL ready ground for NEAFL and Pre Season AFL matches.

Caboolture Lions got lucky that we had a very sound financial local council who wanted to attract more people and events to the local area, but it still took a lot of hard work by committee members (some of whom have been with the club since it was established) and negotiations to get the whole project off the ground. Lots of other clubs spend time and money in other areas which result in flag but Caboolture has provided a facility that everyone in SEQ can use and enjoy.

One of the caveats of a big shiny clubhouse is that there was a risk a third tenant could have been permanently placed at the facility if there wasn't so the Caboolture Lions took the decision to nominate in QAFA with a view to develop our club to an acceptable QAFL area. The playing group knew full well what an immense challenge it was especially given the difficult season in the defunct Div 2 in 2013. The decision to go forward was with both eye's firmly on the future of the club and for the young crop of footballer's at our junior level who have in the past had to change clubs to play higher football.

I don't really see the point in gloating about a side getting flogged. Plenty of injuries to experienced key position players would leave most clubs in the lurch, its just come at the worst possible time for us given the step up required. As stated by an experienced campaigner on the weekend "When I came here (in 99) we were the Brisbane Lions (circa 01-02-03) of local footy, now, we're the Brisbane Lions of local footy"

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back