QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate firstly your a ******! the smartest thing you said was your last line .

As for the ground thought it held up well in the ran ,

As for the size dickhead ,
Makes me think you don't go to many games few smaller ground than ours
Carrara , park ridge , uni

The end

No more post from me have a great off season all
Bye

hook..

line..

sinker...

was just my observation. are you the groundsman hoff?

also no one answered my question about the uni ground? seems to be a better overall pitch. i will give it to you the ground is dead flat compared to the bmx track a few years ago.

no shame in having a junior ground and a senior ground. have a look at Mayne. juniors at nundah seniors at everton park.

what ive gathered from the responses is size isnt everything...

Match review from Griffith Moorooka V Redcliffe Final

Both clubs had everything to play for in this game, with the winner progressing through to the 2014 Grand Final. With the ledger at 1 win a peice throughout the regular season, there was a real sense of excitment among the crowd and playing groups for the game ahead. In very wet conditions, both teams were very hard at the contest from the start, however I thought Moorooka's skills, poise and decision making was superior throughout the whole day. Some excellent marks taken by moorooka forwards at clutch moments, followed up by accurate kicking for goal which really pumped up the home side and their supporters. Redcliffe showed some fight in the 2nd and 3rd quarters with some nice run and play, however the roosters responded with a dominant last quarter and finished strongly. Moorooka were highly energised througout the whole game and there pressure and tackling were manic at some points, which caused some crucial turn overs which lead to goals. There were two red card incidents throughout the match. One involving a Redcliffe player striking a Moorooka player after a late bump. The other red card was handed to a Moorooka player for a late high contact bump to a Redcliffe player who was subsequenlty knocked out and played no further part in the match. It will be a hard pill to swallow for the Moorooka player as he will more than likely miss the Grand Final however the Redcliffe player will probably only miss one week which means he could play in the Grand Final provided Redcliffe beat Pine Rivers.

All in all an enjoyable game to watch, particularly if you are part of the roosters club and supporters. Moorooka looked refreshed by the two week break and have peaked at the right time of the year. Cannot see them being beaten in the Grand Final, particularly if they put in another performance like that!

Match review from Griffith Moorooka V Redcliffe Final

Both clubs had everything to play for in this game, with the winner progressing through to the 2014 Grand Final. With the ledger at 1 win a peice throughout the regular season, there was a real sense of excitment among the crowd and playing groups for the game ahead. In very wet conditions, both teams were very hard at the contest from the start, however I thought Moorooka's skills, poise and decision making was superior throughout the whole day. Some excellent marks taken by moorooka forwards at clutch moments, followed up by accurate kicking for goal which really pumped up the home side and their supporters. Redcliffe showed some fight in the 2nd and 3rd quarters with some nice run and play, however the roosters responded with a dominant last quarter and finished strongly. Moorooka were highly energised througout the whole game and there pressure and tackling were manic at some points, which caused some crucial turn overs which lead to goals. There were two red card incidents throughout the match. One involving a Redcliffe player striking a Moorooka player after a late bump. The other red card was handed to a Moorooka player for a late high contact bump to a Redcliffe player who was subsequenlty knocked out and played no further part in the match. It will be a hard pill to swallow for the Moorooka player as he will more than likely miss the Grand Final however the Redcliffe player will probably only miss one week which means he could play in the Grand Final provided Redcliffe beat Pine Rivers.

All in all an enjoyable game to watch, particularly if you are part of the roosters club and supporters. Moorooka looked refreshed by the two week break and have peaked at the right time of the year. Cannot see them being beaten in the Grand Final, particularly if they put in another performance like that!

couldnt agree more

made the drive to moorooka on the weekend and firstly.. how does that field get a home and away game let alone a final? a good hit out in the ruck could be a rushed behind its so small and from i could see a sand pit too. why use such a disgraceful ground for a final when there is a perfectly good ground at Griffith Uni. could also put a gate on the uni ground and charge entry and raise funds to upgrade the moorooka club house... is there some deal saying that you cant use the uni?? im clueless so can be enlightened.

Sydney play at both the SCG and ANZ and if stadium contracts were not a factor, they would definitely choose to play a home final at the SCG. Plus we played at Griffith last year and there was hardly any parking.

Moorookas ground is small but it is ok. Its good to have different sized fields in the comp. Keeps things interesting! The surface is a lot better than it was a few years ago.

Was interesting to see Cararra's senior side only just beat PRs twos!
Stop sooking you muppet! Go and name these so called senior players. If your reserves players weren't such sooks they might have had a chance against our so called seniors. Wanka

Would love to know who you think is the senior players in the carrara outfit??
Moorookas ground is small but it is ok. Its good to have different sized fields in the comp. Keeps things interesting! The surface is a lot better than it was a few years ago.

Was interesting to see Cararra's senior side only just beat PRs twos!

made the drive to moorooka on the weekend and firstly.. how does that field get a home and away game let alone a final? a good hit out in the ruck could be a rushed behind its so small and from i could see a sand pit too. why use such a disgraceful ground for a final when there is a perfectly good ground at Griffith Uni. could also put a gate on the uni ground and charge entry and raise funds to upgrade the moorooka club house... is there some deal saying that you cant use the uni?? im clueless so can be enlightened.

as for the game, moorooka played a hard tough good wet weather style football that exposed the smaller bodies of redcliffe. with a red card and few injuries which left redcliffe with no rotations for the last 40 minutes it showed as the roosters ran away convincing winners. Marking was top notch in the wet so look out when the roosters play in the dry

Disgruntled opponent maybe ?? Didn't brisbane get 40mml of rain over Friday and early Sat ? And about 15 mm during said game? ? I only ask because this so called worst ground in the world had players still bouncing the ball in the 3rd term .. Wow rubbish ground. You my friend are a fool.

Moorooka looked way to sharp, neither player will get a week for there red cards and nor should they. Maybe the Moorooka players looked a bit worse but only because the damage it did not because of the incident !

Healthy atmosphere at the game ! 2 red cards and I'm pretty sure the emergency umpire sent a player of as well but didn't see what for and no one could tell me why!

Np was it a red or yellow ! Also like tigers the roosters also played with only 1 rotation for almost the whole second half !! Maybe an 8 goal buffer was enough to put some players on ice early .

Can't wait for the next 2 weeks!

We have played our home games on Fri nights at Moorooka all year. (huge shoutout to Webby)

The surface has been excellent, and its not particularly small. I reckon its about the same as the main oval at Yeronga, just a bit narrower. Given Moorooka finished top, they are entitled to a home ground advantage at their ground, looks like they made good use of it.

hopefully both Moorooka tenants this year win a flag!

Disgruntled opponent maybe ?? Didn't brisbane get 40mml of rain over Friday and early Sat ? And about 15 mm during said game? ? I only ask because this so called worst ground in the world had players still bouncing the ball in the 3rd term .. Wow rubbish ground. You my friend are a fool.

Moorooka looked way to sharp, neither player will get a week for there red cards and nor should they. Maybe the Moorooka players looked a bit worse but only because the damage it did not because of the incident !

Healthy atmosphere at the game ! 2 red cards and I'm pretty sure the emergency umpire sent a player of as well but didn't see what for and no one could tell me why!

Np was it a red or yellow ! Also like tigers the roosters also played with only 1 rotation for almost the whole second half !! Maybe an 8 goal buffer was enough to put some players on ice early .

Can't wait for the next 2 weeks!

The Moorooka player punched the tigers player with a right hook to the face. Knocked him out. Pretty sure that's worth a week. Red cards are automatically a minimium 1 week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Moorooka player punched the tigers player with a right hook to the face. Knocked him out. Pretty sure that's worth a week. Red cards are automatically a minimium 1 week.

Did the redcliffe player get a week that got the red? Who were these players who got the reds?

Not necessarily, there is the option of "time served" used at the umpires discretion. Personally I think the whole card system is a joke anyway...

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back