QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Seen the suns beat GM today
Roosters looked slow and old
They are cooked , last year they were lucky , they will go out in straight sets .
Don't rate there key players or there coaching staff ,
PRETENDERS
Bond v Suns Gf

They are cooked , last year they were lucky , they will go out in straight sets .
PRETENDERS
Bond v Suns Gf
Fair call Billy, I agree that they will likely struggle based on today's performance and as I said earlier, Bond will win the flag. I don't agree that GM has no quality players, but it is up to the coach to pull them together as a team. I guess we will see if they are pretenders or not over the next month or so.

PRETENDERS
Bond v Suns Gf
Bit harsh Billy, Rooster went 21 days between games due to catch up round and kicked 120 goals to 20 in three games prior to today. Suns got them at the right time, Roosters are a well drilled team, with a very good coach, they will definitely bounce back and make an impact in the finals

Fair call Billy, I agree that they will likely struggle based on today's performance and as I said earlier, Bond will win the flag. I don't agree that GM has no quality players, but it is up to the coach to pull them together as a team. I guess we will see if they are pretenders or not over the next month or so.
Fair call ??? I would have thought it was overly harsh !! There are a whole number of teams which could be described as old and slow if they have an off day. From what I have seen this year, GM are a very good side with very good defensive structure and whole ground defense. No doubt they will use this loss as ammunition from here on out.

Great turn around by the Vikings after last weeks poor display. Were right in the game at 3/4 time. Was a good effort by the boys.
Suns will be cannon fodder for GM or Bond.
I will call it a definite Bond/Gm grand final unless something amazing happens.
Suns will be cannon fodder for GM? Thanks Macman for the motivation

Fickle bunch.

I've been saying for months beware of a full strength Suns outfit that was always going to peak at the right time.

Roosters will be fine. Been up for a long time.

Bond still the team to beat and it's stupid to say otherwise.

Great turn around by the Vikings after last weeks poor display. Were right in the game at 3/4 time. Was a good effort by the boys.
Cannon fodder wow didn't seem that way saturday

I find it quite astonishing how one of your standard can call a football team cannon fodder after having your ass handed to you on a plate then they have a down week but pop up and been the fodder out of the form side of the comp? Amazing.

WOW look at all the Suns gloating!! All I can say is well played guys.
In my defense though I did not even realise at the time of that comment that you guys were playing each other the next week.
I did make that comment in reference to the finals not the game on Saturday.
Spearhead you are very touchy mate!! One of my standard, mate you dont even know me so lighten up princess!!
But still if one little comment from an opposition player from another team is enough to motivate you guys after a poor performance then please let me know.
I am sure we can negotiate a fee for me to drop a few comments in the forum before any of your finals games!!

Suns couldn't have picked a better time to play the Roosters after double bye and a couple of soft games prior to Saturdays game. If they couldn't beat them on the weekend they were never going too. Roosters dropped a game this time last year and everyone wrote them off then, history shows they ended up premiers.
Suns played well against a flat Roosters. Suns will need to improve going into finals.

Last edited:
WOW look at all the Suns gloating!! All I can say is well played guys.
In my defense though I did not even realise at the time of that comment that you guys were playing each other the next week.
I did make that comment in reference to the finals not the game on Saturday.
Spearhead you are very touchy mate!! One of my standard, mate you dont even know me so lighten up princess!!
But still if one little comment from an opposition player from another team is enough to motivate you guys after a poor performance then please let me know.
I am sure we can negotiate a fee for me to drop a few comments in the forum before any of your finals games!!
I think the fact that the Suns performance was labelled poor by the loosing coach was found amusing by the Suns lads particularly after we touched you up by 100 plus points the previous week. The following week yes the Suns were flat, it was a Sunday game after a bucks party the previous evening, and the boys did enough to get the points and got through injury free. Cannon Fodder- maybe they just needed a challenge. However I agree, GM and Bond are flag Favs,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact that the Suns performance was labelled poor by the loosing coach was found amusing by the Suns lads particularly after we touched you up by 100 plus points the previous week. The following week yes the Suns were flat, it was a Sunday game after a bucks party the previous evening, and the boys did enough to get the points and got through injury free. Cannon Fodder- maybe they just needed a challenge. However I agree, GM and Bond are flag Favs,

Flat..poor,...lets not quibble over words that mean the same thing. And yes that is kinda the point you beat us by 100 points the week before and then only just scraped through the following week
But it does not matter. You guys bounced back well in a very important game against GM so well done!!
If you guys are after a challenge I think you will definately find it come finales as will all the teams who finish 3,4 &5 IMO.
Oh and just so there is no confusion I am not the Vikings coach. Just an old fella enjoying the twilight years (or games) of my career.

I know im opening up a can of worms here but anyway.
During the vikings/pine rivers game a player directed a homophobic slur at towards 2 players within earshit or the umpire. Now isnt this meant to be at least a reportable offence these days with all these vilification rules that most community teams got put through last season?

Oh_dear.png

I know im opening up a can of worms here but anyway.
During the vikings/pine rivers game a player directed a homophobic slur at towards 2 players within earshit or the umpire. Now isnt this meant to be at least a reportable offence these days with all these vilification rules that most community teams got put through last season?

come on mate, fair shake of the sauce bottle

Its all well and good to say fair shake of the sauce bottle but why have the rules if they arent enforced? With the amount of publicity about vilification in the past fortnight you would think some people would have more brains

Its all well and good to say fair shake of the sauce bottle but why have the rules if they arent enforced? With the amount of publicity about vilification in the past fortnight you would think some people would have more brains
Don't be gay mate

I'm kidding I'm
Kidding. But seriously who cares at local footy level. It's usually just another word for dick head these days.

Not sure I agree Morro - if a bloke who is gay is sledged even at this level he has just as much right to feel aggrieved as someone who took offence to a sledge in relation to colour.
I do agree it was probably an off the cuff remark from a bloke who's wit and vocabulary only extended to that level of intelligence.
Political correctness hey! Guess telling someone they kick like a girl is also a reportable offence these days!

Not sure I agree Morro - if a bloke who is gay is sledged even at this level he has just as much right to feel aggrieved as someone who took offence to a sledge in relation to colour.
I do agree it was probably an off the cuff remark from a bloke who's wit and vocabulary only extended to that level of intelligence.
Political correctness hey! Guess telling someone they kick like a girl is also a reportable offence these days!

People are getting to precious for my liking. I've been called far worse than gay on the footy field If people want players reported for this shit they should go play barbies.

People may be getting to precious for football, but if you had a new player come to your club only to be told in his first game to f*$k off you gay f@!!&. Are you saying that this is acceptable behavior in the modern society we live in or are you guys all stuck in the 20th century to?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back