QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Will find out in the next day or two. Ground was 2m under water yesterday.
Good chance to test the flood proofing and pump system to changerooms! The ground and surrounds bounce back quickly however with the current clubhouse rebuild I'm hoping there is power to run the pump!

Good chance to test the flood proofing and pump system to changerooms! The ground and surrounds bounce back quickly however with the current clubhouse rebuild I'm hoping there is power to run the pump!
No good. Change rooms were flooded. Close to a meter of water. The canteen water level reached closed to 1.5m everything is wrecked in the canteen. The ground was still flooded this morning but is working its way into the ground. The lights for the oval are in doubt as the switch board was under water in the flood as well.

Last edited:
Considering you"re having a go at my spelling, i'm going to say you have no comeback...
you must be from Moorooka. Because if you're not you're also a loser from last year. Our club atm has no field to train on. And we have been hit harder this time than last. We have lost everything in our canteen.

I just hope you are not in a position to be calling off games, because it is done with far too much regularity due to weather, and not because of freak storms, just due to rain. The "grounds can't cope" line is rubbish. The grass will grow back, and with the weather we get here most of the time, pretty damn quickly too. I am not too concerned about practice matches being called off at this time of year though, still very early in the season.

No I'm not Peanut but I'm not against games being cancelled either bc of extreme rain events. Again - down south they are lucky to get 100mm in a month in a bad winter these days, we will get that in a day. If it occurs on a Thursday and backs up again on a Friday the AFLQ are in a situation where they have to predict what the next day is going to be like. Can wait till Saturday morning for sure and probably should sometimes but too easy to just say "play, and the ground will recover" - well it often doesn't bc of the reasons various people have said here. Then they are closed to train on etc. I'm not sure what the perfect answer is - certainly I know Maroochy were affected a couple of years back when Coolangatta said their ground was no good - in fact it was no dramas. Hard one but wtf is anyone having a practise match for in mid February?? I know maroochy is next weekend but only bc it had to be shifted from the following wend. Vs Surfers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I'm not Peanut but I'm not against games being cancelled either bc of extreme rain events. Again - down south they are lucky to get 100mm in a month in a bad winter these days, we will get that in a day. If it occurs on a Thursday and backs up again on a Friday the AFLQ are in a situation where they have to predict what the next day is going to be like. Can wait till Saturday morning for sure and probably should sometimes but too easy to just say "play, and the ground will recover" - well it often doesn't bc of the reasons various people have said here. Then they are closed to train on etc. I'm not sure what the perfect answer is - certainly I know Maroochy were affected a couple of years back when Coolangatta said their ground was no good - in fact it was no dramas. Hard one but wtf is anyone having a practise match for in mid February?? I know maroochy is next weekend but only bc it had to be shifted from the following wend. Vs Surfers

Redcliffe are still playing against Moreton Bay. curtain raiser to Brisbane Lions vs St.Kilda.

Redcliffe are still playing against Moreton Bay. curtain raiser to Brisbane Lions vs St.Kilda.

What time Spades? Wouldn't mind watching a game soon.

What time Spades? Wouldn't mind watching a game soon.

MB Lions vs RTigers 12:30pm
B Lions vs SSaints 3:30pm

You'll have to purchase tickets from Ticketmaster I believe. Moreton bay lions Facebook page have an event thing that has a link to get tickets.

MB Lions vs RTigers 12:30pm
B Lions vs SSaints 3:30pm

You'll have to purchase tickets from Ticketmaster I believe. Moreton bay lions Facebook page have an event thing that has a link to get tickets.

Thanks Spades.
Will you be playing?
How are your boys shaping up this season?

Thanks Spades.
Will you be playing?
How are your boys shaping up this season?
Not sure yet. Gotta pass a fitness test and find my headgear. Things are going good with the team. Just bad news with the club house and oval atm. Stupid weather and rain. Flooded everything. Lost everything in our canteen.

Not sure yet. Gotta pass a fitness test and find my headgear. Things are going good with the team. Just bad news with the club house and oval atm. Stupid weather and rain. Flooded everything. Lost everything in our canteen.

Yes yous always do seem cop it up there with the floods. Best of luck with the clean up.
It now might make it easier for you to pass a fitness test if there's no pies in there for you to eat but...

With the warning of the coming storm, did you manage to get some valuables to higher ground?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back