QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Beautiful. Firstly Vic point looking good on the track, plenty of numbers out. Also had a look at wynnum who may be dangerous.

GM and swans will be strong. Redcliffe hit hard by floods but still a month away from games. Southeast suns a couple of surfers players could be interesting. Park ridge/carrara - bottom 2. Ipswich - rhan hooper but who else. Bond university - won every game but 1 by avg margin of 10 goals plus premiership - may be threat - apparently playing gc suns acadamy this evening.

Cheers
Do you happen to know if BU have had plenty of numbers on the track?

Last edited:
Beautiful. Firstly Vic point looking good on the track, plenty of numbers out. Also had a look at wynnum who may be dangerous.

GM and swans will be strong. Redcliffe hit hard by floods but still a month away from games. Southeast suns a couple of surfers players could be interesting. Park ridge/carrara - bottom 2. Ipswich - rhan hooper but who else. Bond university - won every game but 1 by avg margin of 10 goals plus premiership - may be threat - apparently playing gc suns acadamy this evening.

Cheers

Park Ridge bottom two hahahaha. Mate you're off your head.

Hi all ,
Hope your clubs are coming together for the season ahead

Season forecast ( my opinion )

Big movers will be park ridge
New coach will bring new attitude .

Beenleigh will improve but not to the point of finals yet .

The 3 new clubs will be a mystery , but from what I here may be very competitive .

Saints will cause some upsets have picked up a few from all accounts not sure about finals

Swans and Logan will be very strong I would say they will be top 4

Tigers will be strong again as alway and be in the top 2

Griffith Moorooka for me from what I here they have added to last years premiership team
Some quality bigs
And if my mail is correct and springwood get of there power trip they could secure a top notch Ruckman aswell .
Word is springwood will have him sack from his job if he leaves them pretty low for footy really

Cheers all

Hi all ,
Hope your clubs are coming together for the season ahead

Season forecast ( my opinion )

Big movers will be park ridge
New coach will bring new attitude .

Beenleigh will improve but not to the point of finals yet .

The 3 new clubs will be a mystery , but from what I here may be very competitive .

Saints will cause some upsets have picked up a few from all accounts not sure about finals

Swans and Logan will be very strong I would say they will be top 4

Tigers will be strong again as alway and be in the top 2

Griffith Moorooka for me from what I here they have added to last years premiership team
Some quality bigs
And if my mail is correct and springwood get of there power trip they could secure a top notch Ruckman aswell .
Word is springwood will have him sack from his job if he leaves them pretty low for footy really

Cheers all
That's a pretty harsh rumour there Billy, especially if you aren't part of the club and don't understand how it works. Over the last few years Springwood has had to compete for players with the likes of Burleigh, Surfers, Coolangatta, Maroochydore, Noosa etc etc, all clubs with much more to offer potential players than Springwood. Not only financially but with better facilities and a much more aesthetically pleasing environment as well (beaches, lifestyle etc). The one thing Springwood has been able to offer players is employment and that has seen some fantastic players come to the club and stay. So if one of those players who was given employment in good faith decides to move to another club why wouldn't the club be within its rights to open that position up for someone else, someone who did want to play there. If, in fact, this has happened even at all, this is all hearsay and rumour. I have been involved at the club for 10 years and have never seen this happen but fair enough in my opinion if they did. Billy you need to understand how the club operates before you go smashing them, they don't pay players, they employ them.

That's a pretty harsh rumour there Billy, especially if you aren't part of the club and don't understand how it works. Over the last few years Springwood has had to compete for players with the likes of Burleigh, Surfers, Coolangatta, Maroochydore, Noosa etc etc, all clubs with much more to offer potential players than Springwood. Not only financially but with better facilities and a much more aesthetically pleasing environment as well (beaches, lifestyle etc). The one thing Springwood has been able to offer players is employment and that has seen some fantastic players come to the club and stay. So if one of those players who was given employment in good faith decides to move to another club why wouldn't the club be within its rights to open that position up for someone else, someone who did want to play there. If, in fact, this has happened even at all, this is all hearsay and rumour. I have been involved at the club for 10 years and have never seen this happen but fair enough in my opinion if they did. Billy you need to understand how the club operates before you go smashing them, they don't pay players, they employ them.
Sounds a lot like blackmail mate .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a given that if you accept a job obtained by a football club on the proviso you play there, that job may no longer be there if you decide to move on. Don't see the big issue here.
I think it's a given that if you accept a job obtained by a football club on the proviso you play there, that job may no longer be there if you decide to move on. Don't see the big issue here.
I do see everything your saying
Dosnt change the fact that springwood would rather see a kid not play if it's not with then , mate clubs change , coaches change , people change , mate I'm the last person that wants to see Moorooka get stronger ,
But just let him play somewhere , he didn't play at all last year and still has his job .

Totally agree.

If a club lures a player via offer of employment, then the player decides to leave the club - then that offer of employment should be under review.

Would have to be very very careful though, as I don't think unfair dismissal laws give you protection to sack someone if they play for another club!

Totally agree.

If a club lures a player via offer of employment, then the player decides to leave the club - then that offer of employment should be under review.

Would have to be very very careful though, as I don't think unfair dismissal laws give you protection to sack someone if they play for another club!
They don't just get a job, they get apprenticeships and a career,

They don't just get a job, they get apprenticeships and a career,
I personally think if a player isnt happy they should be allowed to leave and no employment opportunities should be held over a players head past the term of their contract they would have signed when everyone agreed to terms.

The club should look at the term of the contract a player signs to ensure everyone is on the same page atleast.

Just my opinion, but I think its rubbish and would not be allowed to fly if taken to an unfair dismissal tribunal.

"We can't pay you, but we can get you a job" is a common practice but once employed it is the employer's decision to continue the tenure, regardless of any football situation. If the employer is towing some sort of club revenge line, then they would want to come up with some good reasoning for dismissal.

In the end, if the guy who has got the job through club contacts and wants to stay in that job he'd have to feel like a bit of a dog if he changes clubs after one season. I'd doubt he'd want to stay under those circumstances anyway. He should be made to feel uncomfortable by his employer, as the employer usually has a pretty strong connection to the club for them to have received a job with them in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back