QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Bond Uni could be a surprise packet.

Got a couple of Broady boys, and their annual influx of new students from the south also includes some handy Victorians.

Traditionally alot of Bond blokes from the south have gone and played with local clubs, but now they offer a decent alternative they are starting to play for the Uni. Should be a very good side.

Bond Uni back in the late 90's early 00's had 2 or 4 playing seniors at Southport, guys like James Perry from Xavier/TAC Cup in Melbourne were absolute guns.

Bond Uni could be a surprise packet.

Got a couple of Broady boys, and their annual influx of new students from the south also includes some handy Victorians.

Traditionally alot of Bond blokes from the south have gone and played with local clubs, but now they offer a decent alternative they are starting to play for the Uni. Should be a very good side.

Bond Uni back in the late 90's early 00's had 2 or 4 playing seniors at Southport, guys like James Perry from Xavier/TAC Cup in Melbourne were absolute guns.
can only be good for the comp.good luck to them

wouldn't be surprised to see Bond play finals at all - don't underestimate them as they played a lower div last year.

Wishwilson played state league for southport and they have a number of other blokes at uni up from vic who can play. sam makin I think it is would be handy in higher divs and it sounds like they have picked up a few others.

For me it will be there bottom 6 that tests them coming from a 1 team div.

wouldn't be surprised to see Bond play finals at all - don't underestimate them as they played a lower div last year.

Wishwilson played state league for southport and they have a number of other blokes at uni up from vic who can play. sam makin I think it is would be handy in higher divs and it sounds like they have picked up a few others.

For me it will be there bottom 6 that tests them coming from a 1 team div.

Quite a few top private school footballers from the APS system in Victoria that have half a brain get academic scholarships to Bond. they don't get drafted and give up on footy pretty quickly. These guys used to end up Labrador, Broady and the better ones got a bit of coin at Southport.

If they all end playing at Bond instead, then they will get stronger every year. Issue they will have is a high turnover of players when blokes finish their degrees.

Quite a few top private school footballers from the APS system in Victoria that have half a brain get academic scholarships to Bond. they don't get drafted and give up on footy pretty quickly. These guys used to end up Labrador, Broady and the better ones got a bit of coin at Southport.

If they all end playing at Bond instead, then they will get stronger every year. Issue they will have is a high turnover of players when blokes finish their degrees.

Actually BOND doesn't give any sport scholarships for footy. And quite a few of the boys playing now aren't even Bond Students

I saw Wichlinksi kick 2 goals against Coomera and he was a standout in their intra-club. I've just heard about Schiporst from my contacts at the club. Team Manager and full forward apparently
I hear this shiporst fella has had a bit of a run with the Suns academies over the years... Now bond have snagged him should be a key go-to danger man up forward

Actually BOND doesn't give any sport scholarships for footy. And quite a few of the boys playing now aren't even Bond Students

If you bothered to read what QAFL wrote, he clearly stated that they were on ACADEMIC scholarships !!!

Did you read my post?

I said they get academic scholarships.

Many good sportsmen have been through Bond on academic scholarships, regardless of sporting talent - thats just a bonus. Some of them never even take the field for bond in any form of sporting contest, they are purely academic.

One of my sons best mates went down there on a scholarship, he was one of the best cricketers in the state and an Aus Schoolboys Rugby player. He never played a minute of either sport for them.

so to be clear, I wasn't suggesting they were recruiting via scholarships, I said sometimes good players end up there as a by product of a scholarship by pure chance.

Haha, scholarships funded by dad when their high school score doesn't get them into a Victorian Uni would usually be the case. Either way a new competitive club can only be a good thing for this league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My oh my, hasn't this place changed? Still as entertaining as ever, but still far too many taking this shit too seriously.

Too serious ??? No.

63 pages in and the season doesn't start for another few weeks. I just checked out the 2015 QFA south thread. Still cutting their teeth on the first page. At least they are throwing around ideas on who QAFL fan really is.

Too serious ??? No.

63 pages in and the season doesn't start for another few weeks. I just checked out the 2015 QFA south thread. Still cutting their teeth on the first page. At least they are throwing around ideas on who QAFL fan really is.

I don't think anyone even cares who qafl fan is!

My oh my, hasn't this place changed? Still as entertaining as ever, but still far too many taking this shit too

Morro ,
can you get your little mate Buzz At GM to confirm a bit of gossip for us , my mail tells me that The senior coach was seen out sat night in Brisbane with none other then Warrick Capper and Barry hall
What's the go there.
Np maybe you can shed some light .

Lol close I think you may find it was Jason gram and Adrian cox ex saint and hawk players both from east Gippsland where he is from . Good guys too. But he may have caught up with the other 2 later but not to my knowledge but I also don't exactly keep tabs on him tho.

Lol close I think you may find it was Jason gram and Adrian cox ex saint and hawk players both from east Gippsland where he is from . Good guys too. But he may have caught up with the other 2 later but not to my knowledge but I also don't exactly keep tabs on him tho.
New recruits NP?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back