QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks KP all the best for the year mate. Don't know why the league so slow in listing our fixtures like all the other competitions. Even women's fixtures up and running.

Same with you and the saints blocker I'm assuming ur with them or supporting, apparently the fixture is up its just really hard too find.

Less than a week and footy is back on....
Who will improve who will fall and what surprises are ahead...
Off our feathered friends are the rooster going to rule the roost?????
Or are the eagles ready to swoop!!
Will the swans glide up the top or will they.slide like daffy duck....dats dispickkkable....
And the buffs will they stay a herd all year or need to find a new paddock!!!!!
What about the tigers.....tigers of old or the toothless ones
Are the saints....saints or just sinners..
The pirates are they ready to pillage and plunder and blow the comp open..
Now the new boys.....
Will the Vikings land and.take all before them
Will the sharks be circling and take a bite out of everyone....
Old boys new name....the suns will they rise or be an eclipse and show us nothing
Finally the bond boys....have they been doing to much studying and nit enough prac.....
Bring it on ...cant wait...

Less than a week and footy is back on....
Who will improve who will fall and what surprises are ahead...
Off our feathered friends are the rooster going to rule the roost?????
Or are the eagles ready to swoop!!
Will the swans glide up the top or will they.slide like daffy duck....dats dispickkkable....
And the buffs will they stay a herd all year or need to find a new paddock!!!!!
What about the tigers.....tigers of old or the toothless ones
Are the saints....saints or just sinners..
The pirates are they ready to pillage and plunder and blow the comp open..
Now the new boys.....
Will the Vikings land and.take all before them
Will the sharks be circling and take a bite out of everyone....
Old boys new name....the suns will they rise or be an eclipse and show us nothing
Finally the bond boys....have they been doing to much studying and nit enough prac.....
Bring it on ...cant wait...
No.

Yes the Sports Club still gives generously to the Buff's, they have been the most cashed up club in this division for the past decade which makes you wonder why they are in their current position. Too many man whore recruits and mismanagement at the top.

Only half of that is true and relevant to recent years.[/QUOTE]
What true and what's not?

No one wants any club to merge or drop a division......but would rather see that than to loose a club altogether......good luck to the buffs...hope they do rise backup again....

Yeah sometimes you have to bite the bullet though. Wynnum dropped down last year due to a lack of player numbers. After a successful season in Div 3 gets the club confidence up again and then we are on the rise and moving up again. People talking like div 3 is the end of the world, but it is still a hard game of footy each week and a different culture. Some clubs like Woodsmen are happy to stay there and good on them! But we used it as a building phase and were glad for it.

So as newbies to this comp what information does everyone have on different grounds and their facilities? Are the tigers still using portable boxes for change rooms? What about the others grounds. Who has best to worse grounds and/or best to worse facilities?

So as newbies to this comp what information does everyone have on different grounds and their facilities? Are the tigers still using portable boxes for change rooms? What about the others grounds. Who has best to worse grounds and/or best to worse facilities?
Last time i checked they had new ones that we pretty good. although i drove past the club on my way to the sails festival in redcliffe and saw that there was some major construction going on???

Plus grumble grumble all games go ahead except 1 grumble grumble make up game during season a farce grumble grumble....
How are the Roos going BOC?
hey mate - from what I hear they are going ok - I haven't been down there - always tough this time of year to tell - have lost a few and gained a few - usual story!

Be interesting to see how Vic Point go - the handful of players I've seen talking about playing there were handy as part of springwoods 2's team last year and a few of them played decent footy at Redlands over the years.

if KP is weighing in at 64kgs then we definitely need to get WADA involved in this league ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think for the sake of both their futures they need to address any unrest. Any clubs that continue to have a senior team need a good junior base to work from. You look at all the clubs that are struggling most of the time is because their junior base is not working or non existent. Any club that wants a senior team to remain competitive needs to work well with juniors or their future will be under extreme pressure.
from what i understand is that the eagles have only ever had seniors,reserves and for a season here and there thirds, have been going since 2001 and have never had to forfeit a game or have been in danger of dropping to third div yes i agree it would be good for them to have juniors which i believe they have taken steps this year to starting up their own junior club since the cats have moved out the back of leichardt near the amberly base from what i understand, the eagles have often offered to work with the cats but the club bosses and many officials they have there being former ipswich cats players in the early 90s have made it hard and now they have their own senior team will be interesting to see how well they go

from what i understand is that the eagles have only ever had seniors,reserves and for a season here and there thirds, have been going since 2001 and have never had to forfeit a game or have been in danger of dropping to third div yes i agree it would be good for them to have juniors which i believe they have taken steps this year to starting up their own junior club since the cats have moved out the back of leichardt near the amberly base from what i understand, the eagles have often offered to work with the cats but the club bosses and many officials they have there being former ipswich cats players in the early 90s have made it hard and now they have their own senior team will be interesting to see how well they go
Will be interesting over next few seasons how both the Cats and Eagles go, could be another Logan Beenleigh situation where there is not enough quality players within the area for both to improve and move up

Ipswich Cats forming a senior team in QAFA B and will play the Ipswich Eagles 3rds. In a rugby area this can not be good for the Eagles, something not right in Ippy for this to happen, as the Cats juniors and the Eagles seniors have shared the same venue for a decade, you would think they would get along and work together to make Ipswich football stronger, not fight each other for players sponsors and members. Maybe Lucky Ducky can fill us in on this one
The ipswich eagles having nothing to fear from my understanding they have been going since 2001 and as i said in a previous post they have never been in danger of dropping to a lower div or have never forfeited a game the rumours are they have some great plans in the pipe lines one the signing of Rhan Hooper and more exciting things in the near future also believe the aflq are working closely with them to build the club and encourage them to build e.g. the eagles have just recently started a junior club and aus kick, on the other hand the cats have had ambitions for the last few years to start their own senior club so why would they want to work with the eagles,and only recently this has come a reality but at the cost of not having a under 19s which they were going to have this year but were about 5 players short to which the eagles where going to help them find after a meeting that was held i understand but then the cats suddenly withdrew the 19s and decide to go head to head with the eagles by creating their own senior side now they will not be allowed to have a under19s for 2 years so in my opinion this could back fire where will their under17s go there will only be a hand full that will handle senior footy straight up will, will be interesting to see how both clubs perform this season

Will be interesting over next few seasons how both the Cats and Eagles go, could be another Logan Beenleigh situation where there is not enough quality players within the area for both to improve and move up
i don't think the eagles will be to disadvantage as they are very central to ipswich which makes it much easier for their future juniors to get to and home from training where the cats are 5-10 minutes approx on the other side of ipswich near the ambley base. the cats will have to work extremely hard to build a solid senior club foundation e.g. collingwood park are only 15 minutes approx from the eagles and have never threatened the eagles they have been stuck in third div for about 5 years and from what i understand and i maybe wrong but there have only been about 2-3 ex eagles that have gone and played for them. as I've said before it will be an interesting season and as everybody else i am keen to see what developments appear in the next 12 months or so from all three clubs

Just reaks of self interest.

You have a reasonably successful organisation like the Ipswich Eagles running around in Senior Footy, who may not have won flags - but they are competitive and seem to be well run and professional.

Then you have Ipswich Cats, who are by my reckoning a pretty good junior club building the game in the Ipswich area.

Why can't they just get along and form one club, which provides a clearly defined pathway for their juniors to transition to senior footy - instead of creating a mess like this, which will result in both clubs probably picking up the pieces in 5 years time when they are fighting for water from the same dry well.

Even without merging, they could have had a good arrangement like UQ has with Taringa/West Bulldogs juniors. Instead they just create a problem.

i agree... But it is personalities that are out for their own non playing glory that get in the way... I've always had "robust" on field dialogue with the Eagles over 10 years but absolutely admire the people who have just picked it up and wanted to keep AFL in one spot at Ipswich... I've experienced this and actually turns Jnr parents off as they say "why can't this work" and the response is bloody seniors! To which they then say "hey we can't see a problem with them" then takes kids elsewhere... Anyways, no rain forecast so that's good but still no draw? Need to plan some holidays and arrangements for friends weddings so this isn't helping!!

Pirates are ready to go footyking. Good numbers and picked up some handy players.
From what I seen against Ipswich in the Lightning premiership the Pirates might struggle against the top sides but may finish Middle of the road. Havin said that they are along way ahead of the old Calamvale days.

From what I seen against Ipswich in the Lightning premiership the Pirates might struggle against the top sides but may finish Middle of the road. Havin said that they are along way ahead of the old Calamvale days.
Are the Pirates still playing out of the school? I heard they might be getting a new complex somewhere close to where they are now. Can anyone shed any light?
i agree... But it is personalities that are out for their own non playing glory that get in the way... I've always had "robust" on field dialogue with the Eagles over 10 years but absolutely admire the people who have just picked it up and wanted to keep AFL in one spot at Ipswich... I've experienced this and actually turns Jnr parents off as they say "why can't this work" and the response is bloody seniors! To which they then say "hey we can't see a problem with them" then takes kids elsewhere... Anyways, no rain forecast so that's good but still no draw? Need to plan some holidays and arrangements for friends weddings so this isn't helping!!
Is that speaking from past experiences Mighty Pirate when you were dealing with juniors at Calamvale? The president of the juniors at Calamvale is a complete jerk from my mail and actually forced you blokes out of there to Park Ridge.

From what I understand the pirates went into the lightening cup thing with a very undermanned line up.

From what I understand the pirates went into the lightening cup thing with a very undermanned line up.
I suppose the weekend will sort out the men from the boys. We will soon see who has been flying under the radar and who are in fact the real deal. See how many sides have had players missing or were in fact at full strength. Beware of the Saints!!

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back