QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

So you are having a go at a guy for trying to sell the club in the local rag? A paper that is completely biased towards our local league club as you would know as you must be a local AN. So a bit harsh jumping all over him for trying to talk up the club.
Also just remember that we were in QFA just a couple of years ago (even won a couple of premierships a few years back) so why the shock we would want to get back to that level? We are a club that has been successful in the past and want to be successful again at the highest level we can play. So dont know what your issue is?
My comment "issue" is about respecting teams in your comp 2015.not a comp in 2016.
In a previous statement you said lack of players you went down a division to get your confidence back......you were runners up.....but you are going to win and up a division just like that.
I read alot of local rags in my travels....if you want coverage you will get it in your local paper....
Sound very arrogant statement to. Put in any paper...

A couple of quick texts to enquire: I have been told the contaminated soil is in relation to the clubhouse foundation work, ground has no
issue with soil condition.
Good to hear......they deserve a bit of luck.
Must be sick of doing ball work and pool session at the same time..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear......they deserve a bit of luck.
Must be sick of doing ball work and pool session at the same time..
Haha I think they have only had 1 decent flooding this season, back in my day, early 2000's it barely flooded but the last few years it seems a regular article in the local paper! Add the clubhouse being rebuilt (went past today - whole front half gone) I hope they have a great year onfield.

Been some interesting comments on this forum in the last couple of weeks I must admit. Love how some people are talking up how good their club is going to be this season. Great to see the support for each person's club though. Realistically Griffith Moorooka should go in as flag favourites seeing as they won the flag last year and those that finished in the finals should be considered to make it there again or thereabouts. However in saying this, having watched this grade for many years their is never ever any certainty with who will go well and who will struggle as it changes every season.

Those that have knowledge of this level of footy have seen many teams go up and go down whether in form or level but the best thing about this league is that the senior premiers are always different from year to year. I can't recall any team winning it back to back at this level since the early 2000's (please quote me if I am wrong).

We are all entitled to our own opinions but personally I don't think we are going to know how well each club is going to go until halfway during the year. Just because clubs have picked up players from higher levels doesn't necessarily mean they will dominate this league because players skills and speed aren't the same as higher levels, you are made to earn you kick at this level due to the scrappier nature and I have seen many 'higher level' players struggle in this div! Practice matches are just that 'practice matches' and it is very unlikely that each side had their best 22 players in any of those games. Anyhow looking forward to the season starting this weekend and best of luck to all those involved.

Yeah sometimes you have to bite the bullet though. Wynnum dropped down last year due to a lack of player numbers. After a successful season in Div 3 gets the club confidence up again and then we are on the rise and moving up again. People talking like div 3 is the end of the world, but it is still a hard game of footy each week and a different culture. Some clubs like Woodsmen are happy to stay there and good on them! But we used it as a building phase and were glad for it.
Not trying to sound like a smartarse but you were actually in div 4 last year and have moved up to div 3 this year... but good luck with it all anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back