QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

What a fantastic thing the pirates have done. To give Nick Pearson the opportunity to coach a senior side says a lot about what the club think of him as a person and a coach after only having the one season as a coach under his belt. To coach the Pirate ressies to a prelim final as well as playing senior footy all year shows the great level of maturity and football smarts he has. And to get the chance to coach with his brother who is a premiership winning coach is a massive signing for the Pirates. Three short years in existence and have already made huge inroads in QlD footy. To have Tim on board shows how good the club must be doing things, both on and off the field. The transition to Div 2 football has been made all that easier with a professional man like Tim taking the reigns. And with his brother by his side in 2017 I can only see the Pirates going from strength to strength.

I've heard a fair few from Pirates are not happy with the new coaching appointment & are off to Coomera

Bit of player movement at this level?? All I know its very difficult to keep 10 blokes happy sometimes let alone a squad of 45. As long as you lose the ones you are happy to lose then it matters not.

No doubt he's a good coach. I've posted on here many times praising his efforts as a coach.

Park Ridge basically eating away at a good community club like Moorooka like a parasite though. Took half their playing list, now got their Premiership coach!

Are you for real QAFL? How are we taking anyone from Moorooka by engaging Tim when he was at Robina.

If you don't like our club just say it instead of talking crap. Not sure if 6 players is half a playing list either you wombat.

A few more from Surfers Paradise to join the Suns I'm hearing

Good luck to them as obviously the boys enjoy playing at Suns and enticing s few more of their Surfers mates. Just goes to show if you have the right culture being built they will come.

I heard from the Suns winning Grand Final side they had 18 players from Surfers. Now that's nearly half a playing list QAFL you peanut!!

But obviously no bad feelings between the two clubs as a lot of Surfers boys at GF supporting Suns. Just goes to show some clubs move on when losing players but others want to blame other clubs instead of looking at reasons why players leave.

In most cases it is just mates moving to play with mates. Pretty simple.

Bit of player movement at this level?? All I know its very difficult to keep 10 blokes happy sometimes let alone a squad of 45. As long as you lose the ones you are happy to lose then it matters not.

Think you are spot on Smy. Think there will be plenty to talk about in coming weeks up to and beyond Xmas.

I've heard a fair few from Pirates are not happy with the new coaching appointment & are off to Coomera

Hope they enjoy the traffic lol.

On a serious note my mail is that Coomers may be looking to go down to Div 3 or even Friday night comp? Thus allowing Suns to go up to Div2? Any truths in rumour KP?

You staying at Coomera KP or back to Buffs?

Fair call, hard to get over past events at the Buffs I suppose. We all have our reasons to bag a bloke, I have mine.

Who is new coach at Buffs Rising Sun? Commish might be able to let us all in on secret? My mail ex Buff who has been at successful coast club coaching twos?

On a serious note my mail is that Coomers may be looking to go down to Div 3 or even Friday night comp? Thus allowing Suns to go up to Div2? Any truths in rumour KP?

Word is Suns are going up a division & Coomers & Coolanagatta where asked if either wanted to drop down to save the bye in both divy's.
Apparently the Coolanagtta council have taken back control of the ground due to lack of maintenance from Cooly footy club, the joint is an eyesore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is Suns are going up a division & Coomers & Coolanagatta where asked if either wanted to drop down to save the bye in both divy's.
Apparently the Coolanagtta council have taken back control of the ground due to lack of maintenance from Cooly footy club, the joint is an eyesore

Who is coaching Cooly?

Are you for real QAFL? How are we taking anyone from Moorooka by engaging Tim when he was at Robina.

If you don't like our club just say it instead of talking crap. Not sure if 6 players is half a playing list either you wombat.

Don't let mediocrity get to you blocker. Engaging in conversations with this clown is just a waste of time and energy

G'day blocker
Coomera got asked too go too div 3 but opted against it, div 2 it is looks like and the new coach is a gem but that's all il say, il be staying at Coomera unless something drastic happens, Tom is still coaching Beenleigh far as I'm aware unless he gets a job at a higher level,

Pot - Kettle

"Woodsmen magpies"

I was having a joke.

But not sure what you're on about?

Woodies were originally Magpies 3rds. They joined NEAFL and AFLQ told them they're not allowed 3rds, so we created the Woodsmen.

Aspley complained and the rules were changed, but we had already done all the work so pushed on with the new club.

We've been like this for 8 seasons now, but it's hardly a secret we get players from the Magpies who are taking a step back or from Sherwood juniors who don't want to play QAFL (or aren't good enough)

The intention in the medium term is to rejoin the Magpies, but retain our name and continue to operate independently - just without the need for a separately incorporated club and all the paperwork that comes with it (which i have to do!)

It would also reduce our AFLQ fees slightly, which is nice!

Oh and of course we will stack our side with senior guys all the time too, like Coorparoo, Sandgate and Morningside do! Ha.

Blocker weren't you going to expose who this QAFL_Fan grub was a month or so back? You said 3 blokes shared the login ?

I think there is more than 3 that use the handle but if he keeps slamming Pirates I may start naming who I think it is I have narrowed it down to 2 suspects.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back