QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

You could even add to your examples an exhibit C: Beenleigh. No doubt plenty of other examples. At this level, bringing in a coach and a few gun players is the difference between a side that is a premiership contender and a mid-table battler.
Why would you add Beenleigh to the list?

Why would you add Beenleigh to the list?

Maybe it's the crystal ball Millsy.
Their 2017 coach is a bloke who brought a whole team of under 17's to Beenleigh from MT Gravatt after shopping them around to anyone who would take them. As you can attest to Beenleigh have a habit of putting their coaches in the gun about the half way mark of the season.
So unless the Buffs are sitting pretty the coach will be shopping himself and all his young charges around again guaranteed.

Grand finalist 2013 wooden spoons 2014-15
2013 marked the end of a long cycle of success at the buffs. At the end of that season, 7 guys retired, 2 moved interstate, one went overseas and 2 others moved into a higher division. When you add to that the fact that a heap left at the end of 2011 for various reasons, it's no wonder the cycle of success came to an end. That's the way footy goes, you can't be on top forever. Therefore, to insinuate that Beenleigh's situation had any similarity to the Suns or moorooka is completely incorrect.

2013 marked the end of a long cycle of success at the buffs. At the end of that season, 7 guys retired, 2 moved interstate, one went overseas and 2 others moved into a higher division. When you add to that the fact that a heap left at the end of 2011 for various reasons, it's no wonder the cycle of success came to an end. That's the way footy goes, you can't be on top forever. Therefore, to insinuate that Beenleigh's situation had any similarity to the Suns or moorooka is completely incorrect.
So nothing to do with the coach leaving or the rumoured shenanigans/rantings that occurred at the end of season party? Isnt there also a few posters here who played there in 2013 and now play at other clubs?

Maybe it's the crystal ball Millsy.
Their 2017 coach is a bloke who brought a whole team of under 17's to Beenleigh from MT Gravatt after shopping them around to anyone who would take them. As you can attest to Beenleigh have a habit of putting their coaches in the gun about the half way mark of the season.
So unless the Buffs are sitting pretty the coach will be shopping himself and all his young charges around again guaranteed.
Well i would say that your name of Whats going On .Has no idea of whats going on especially at Beenleigh. It seems to me that if a club has success lets bag them on the forum or if have been successful and drop lets bag them .
Lets name a few over the last 20 years that have been up and then dropped down and are still going .
Wilston Grange , Surfers Paradise , Sandgate ,Logan Cobras now Suns (maybe gone ), Beenleigh ,Strathpine , Sherwood now Western Magpies,Caloundra ,Nambour ,Moorooka ,Kedron ,Wynnum Vikings and Noosa maybe missed some .A lot of good clubs with good people .
Some people on here have short memories this is footy cant always be at the top .

So nothing to do with the coach leaving or the rumoured shenanigans/rantings that occurred at the end of season party? Isnt there also a few posters here who played there in 2013 and now play at other clubs?
The answer to your first question is no and the second question, yes, but plenty of players from all over are at a different club now compared to where they were in 2013.

The answer to your first question is no
I-dont-believe-you.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morro & buzz and anyone else with 2 cents worth

With the talk about Beenleigh's 6-8 years I thought I'd ask you blokes on your opinions as you were both there.

09-13 do you feel like as a club you under achieved or winning 1 senior flag was about right given list and competitions.
Probably fair to say 10 straight sets after finishing on top was disappointing like 09 for Robina, and Nambour were probably a class above in back to back 11/12, but interested on your internal view looking back for what was a pretty strong list on how,1 premiership, 2 prelims and 1 lost grand final sits (albeit not that anything can be done to change it!)

*disclaimer I know you played/coached the two's along the way as well.

With the talk about Beenleigh's 6-8 years I thought I'd ask you blokes on your opinions as you were both there.

09-13 do you feel like as a club you under achieved or winning 1 senior flag was about right given list and competitions.
Probably fair to say 10 straight sets after finishing on top was disappointing like 09 for Robina, and Nambour were probably a class above in back to back 11/12, but interested on your internal view looking back for what was a pretty strong list on how,1 premiership, 2 prelims and 1 lost grand final sits (albeit not that anything can be done to change it!)

Just from my opinion in 09 we were lucky, Robina the best team all year and we by luck played the best 2nd half of footy all year in that granny!

But out of all the years 2010 we should have won that, a straight sets exit with a team I thought was one of my the best I had played in!
Without a doubt 2008 through to 2013 the club played in no less than a prelim, so I would say the buffs through those years were very successful!

Cheers buzz appreciate your reply - I hope it didn't come across as being a dick.

I know 2013 is hard to swallow for about 60 guys at Scottsdale drive!

I think 2010 was the most even year of footy I played - winning a semi by a kick, extra time in a qualifying final, playing you guys in a prelim and then being 5 goals down at qtr time in a gf to win - realistically any one of cab/Kedron you guys or us could have won it.

Kp - pulling the boots on for 5 teams in the same comp must be some sort of Australian record surely?

Cheers buzz appreciate your reply - I hope it didn't come across as being a dick.

I know 2013 is hard to swallow for about 60 guys at Scottsdale drive!

I think 2010 was the most even year of footy I played - winning a semi by a kick, extra time in a qualifying final, playing you guys in a prelim and then being 5 goals down at qtr time in a gf to win - realistically any one of cab/Kedron you guys or us could have won it.

Kp - pulling the boots on for 5 teams in the same comp must be some sort of Australian record surely?

Haha I know 3 off them but not sure who the other 2 are meant too be lol.
But Il be playing Friday night footy this season suits me perfect, will fill the void from time too time if coomera are short,

Haha I know 3 off them but not sure who the other 2 are meant too be lol.
But Il be playing Friday night footy this season suits me perfect, will fill the void from time too time if coomera are short,
Robina,Beenleigh,Coomera and you played at Carrara and cooly haven't you? Obviously they weren't all in same div at same time but funny how the cards fall.

Friday nights hey? Are you prepared for the analytical critic of the forums Friday night expert QAFL?

I agree with Nambour in 11/12 however in 2012 they too had straight set exits from finals making it a Logan Redcliffe gf which the tigers won. Has anyone played in more losing GF than the poor blokes at cobras/suns? monkey off the back for a lot of them this year

Robina,Beenleigh,Coomera and you played at Carrara and cooly haven't you? Obviously they weren't all in same div at same time but funny how the cards fall.

Friday nights hey? Are you prepared for the analytical critic of the forums Friday night expert QAFL?

Yeah 2 games at Carrara, never been too cooly it was hard enough wearing black and white couldn't do the navy aswell,
That's one thing that got me over the line for Friday night footy,

Unbiased - yeah true about 12 - I thought they went back to back but they did go out in straight sets.

Having played in consecutive losing gfs by under a kick I can confirm it's f**ked!

Kp - ah apologies I thought you may have filled in for cooly a cpl of times!

So your tied on 4 with Morro

Can't go past zillmere too run out with the likes of burton long dickfos is every kids dream,

Can't argue with that. Don't you live southside though??!

If they retain most of their boys from last year, they will be tough to beat - although pretty sure the big dog skipper has hung them up!

Zillmere and Woodsmen seem to be the only teams universally liked by the rest of the competition, so you have chosen well.

(though, I'm hearing the Woodies have folded...!)

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back