QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got some reports on todays games.
I couldnt get down to see my Broady today so went and watched the last 2 quarters of the Mt Gravatt V Pbc ,,never reached any heights with PBC that fairbit better ..... the surface their is not good ,, very uneven and lots of divits ,, the surface really needs urgent attention .
See the Aspley vs Surfers scores ,, wow a lot of points scored ,,
Redlands Hammelmann bags another 7 .. challenge now in at least 2 finals games to hit the magical 100

If mt Gravatt are going to stay in the QAFL they might need to work on their ground. Palmy volunteers putting sand in pot holes pre game as the away side…?

I just got this video sent to me so thought I would share. Not taking any shots at Mt Gravatt but that’s pretty ordinary

View attachment 1778284
that is so so bad ,,

went to Cooke Murphy and let’s just say I wouldn’t bother with watching a replay. Very average game pressure good from both sides but some of the skill errors very poor from both sides.

Cats were probably the better team overall but geez we would want to play better or it’ll be a short finals campaign

went to Cooke Murphy and let’s just say I wouldn’t bother with watching a replay. Very average game pressure good from both sides but some of the skill errors very poor from both sides.

Cats were probably the better team overall but geez we would want to play better or it’ll be a short finals campaign
2010 Premier,,
yes we perform like this so often ,, like just some sort of issue is there to perform at the high level we can on a consistent basis, and thats been occuring for the past 4 seasons !!!

Surely with Coorparoo hosting the Grand Final again, it would all but mean that they'll join the competition next year if a team drops down. With whispers of Mt Gravatt (not even whispers at this point for them) and even Noosa going down, I won't be surprised if AFL Queensland have all but assured them that they are basically first reserve to return to the QAFL next season or in season 2025.

Surely with Coorparoo hosting the Grand Final again, it would all but mean that they'll join the competition next year if a team drops down. With whispers of Mt Gravatt (not even whispers at this point for them) and even Noosa going down, I won't be surprised if AFL Queensland have all but assured them that they are basically first reserve to return to the QAFL next season or in season 2025.
Noosa people have already denied they are going down Stumpy.

Final Tipping Ladder after the Homa and Away Season,,,
So close and we started with 27 tipsters and 24 went thru to the end ,,thats good stuff ,,

85; THUNDERDOC
84; NWO, DEZARIO UNSPOKEN BIZZ ,TOUCAN SOUP
81; STUYD
80; SMY, STILL ME, BUNYIP
79; BIG E, FOOTY BOY,
78; QLD CLUELESS, 2010 PREMIER, TIME TO RETIRE,
77; BUD 63, NOOSA BOY, UP IT STUMPY
76; BIG TEX
75 MAGPIE BOY
74; MOBBS,
72; LONGY ZILL
70; MUDSTICKS, PUGS
67; GOALKICKER

THUNDERDOC, .....WELL DONE MATE ..

So close and we started with 27 tipsters and 24 went thru to the end ,,thats good stuff ,,

85; THUNDERDOC
81; STUYD
79; BIG E, FOOTY BOY,
76; BIG TEX
75 MAGPIE BOY
74; MOBBS,
72; LONGY ZILL
70; MUDSTICKS, PUGS
67; GOALKICKER

Did well Stuy. Thanks for organising. Well down thunder

85; THUNDERDOC
81; STUYD
79; BIG E, FOOTY BOY,
76; BIG TEX
75 MAGPIE BOY
74; MOBBS,
72; LONGY ZILL
70; MUDSTICKS, PUGS
67; GOALKICKER

Thanks for organising your efforts are appreciated

85; THUNDERDOC
81; STUYD
79; BIG E, FOOTY BOY,
76; BIG TEX
75 MAGPIE BOY
74; MOBBS,
72; LONGY ZILL
70; MUDSTICKS, PUGS
67; GOALKICKER

Thx Stud and congrats Thunderdoc

85; THUNDERDOC
81; STUYD
79; BIG E, FOOTY BOY,
76; BIG TEX
75 MAGPIE BOY
74; MOBBS,
72; LONGY ZILL
70; MUDSTICKS, PUGS
67; GOALKICKER

Thanks Stu for organising again and giving us something to talk about on this forum 👍

With the home and away season coming to an end what are everyone’s predictions for the grogan medal/rising star

I’ll start:
Grogan Medal: Will Martyn - Grange
Rising Star: Ben Woodburn - Surfers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks stuyd for organising tips again and well done to thunder!
Broadbeach and Surfers this week for me
Will Martyn from Grange to win Grogan
And Noosa definitely staying in QAFL. Love the standard and the challenge!

My 2023 QAFL Finals Bracket::crystalball:

Week 1:

Broadbeach def PBC

Surfers Paradise def Wilston Grange

Week 2:

Aspley def RVP

Broadbeach def by Surfers Paradise

Week 3:

RVP def Surfers Paradise

Week 4:

Aspley def RVP

Winner: Aspley 💪:bee::trophy:

"Tradition V Trivia" (for anyone interested):

Elimination Final 1
Broadbeach V Palm Beach Currumbin

Played 21: Broadbeach 7 wins – Palm Beach 14
Following the Cats’ ascension to the QAFL ranks in 1997, these two clubs did not meet again until the 2014 season. Since then, the results have certainly favoured Palm Beach. Within the 21 games, there have been three finals, including the 2018 Grand Final. Interestingly, to this point, all three finals have been won by the Lions.
Once again, these are two clubs that have a rich history prior to 1997. Broadbeach entered the Gold Coast competition in 1971, so that is a further 26 seasons of clashes of which I have no records. If they met two or three times per year (plus finals), then we can conservatively estimate that there were approximately 70 results that are not recorded.
The form of Broadbeach looks compelling for this game.

Elimination Final 2
Surfers Paradise V Wilston Grange

Played 24: Surfers Paradise 17 – Wilston Grange 7
At QAFL level (or AFLQ, or SEQAFL – or whatever name was used in the various years), these two clubs have met on 24 occasions since 2011. The Demons clearly have the stronger record in those games.
Amongst the 24 games, 6 have been decided by less than a goal, and a further 6 decided by more than 10 goals. What will we get this week?
The two clubs first met for one season in 2000 – their only game was won by Surfers Paradise by 89 points. Following that, they did not meet again until 2005 with the realignment of the local competitions. From 2005 to 2010, they clashed 7 times in the QAFL Division 2 (or Pineapple Hotel Cup, as many people still like to remember it). Seven games in six seasons sounds a bit thin – but then there was an abundance of clubs in this division playing only sixteen rounds most seasons. This might have been a good thing for the Gorillas during this era, as Surfers won six of the seven games.
So, if we look at their entire history, we can find 32 games, with the Demons winning 24 and the Gorillas eight.

Also, if anyone disagrees with any details, please let me know - I'm cool to be corrected. Also also, if you have any SQAFA/BAFL, GCAFL, or SCAFL results to share, please get in touch.

Enjoy. :thumbsu:

2011 surfers played grange 3 times. 1 in the preseason and 2 in the home and away. They had a good side that year, grange were looking for a top 2 spot going into the final round and surfers did a number on them. They kicked 10 goals in the last quarter. Jake Ryan and Simon Fenton were in that side

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back