QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing Grange were awesome in letting play go on after the incident instead of taking the win which is great to hear.Play was stopped for well over half an hour hour but they were happy to play out game instead of taking the win by default (hope that’s the right word) which rules say they could of.Watched the Broady game and they were awesome! Great crowd also!

Yep, I was watching the feed (while goal umpiring!) and I figured Grange were gonna get the win as play was halted for 30 mins, past half time and they were in front. Also figured it would be pretty dark!

Surfers were about to be 4 points down, had plenty of momentum, Grange didn't have to go back out there and opted to do it and managed to hold on. Great win.

Hearing Grange were awesome in letting play go on after the incident instead of taking the win which is great to hear.Play was stopped for well over half an hour hour but they were happy to play out game instead of taking the win by default (hope that’s the right word) which rules say they could of.Watched the Broady game and they were awesome! Great crowd also!
That’s good karma then. Well done to coach and others really. Many wouldn’t have made that decision

Well done Grange. First finals win in many years and a great way to go about it. Glad to hear the player hurt is ok.

Are they a chance to beat Broady next week? They would be confident that’s for sure

Well done Wilston Grange. Must have been tempting to use the injury delay rule to gain the win. Kudos to those involved. Would have been interesting if the game had finished in a draw. I suspect extra time and I'm not sure if the lights at Surfers would be suitable

Well done Grange. First finals win in many years and a great way to go about it. Glad to hear the player hurt is ok.

Are they a chance to beat Broady next week? They would be confident that’s for sure
Hey Dezario. What the progress with Jon Croad and his leg break back in round 1?

Bit of movement in the coaches box for one of the SC teams. Am hearing Webby won't be at Aspley in 2024 as well (love to think he goes onto higher honours) so could be a few changes in this comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes signed Matthew Luenberger as Senior men’s coach for next year and beyond.Shortlisted 3 applicants who were all interviewed and he was a stand out.Lives here,works here,knows the playing group and the references we got from both the lions and Essendon were outstanding.Let’s hope it goes well🙏
Well done mate. Sounds like a good person for SC football

Matthew Payne is playing tomorrow for Aspley against RVP despite only playing 4 games this year (2 for the seniors and 2 for the reserves).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back