QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Pilgrim will get Aspley job and
Danny Nolan just about over the line at Broadbeach my spies telling me?
Danny Nolan .. wow a gun,, ,, has been involved in 9 Premierships as a player and as a coach. Was coaching them up until last season and in October announced he was moving to the Gold Coast , Played for the mighty Wangaratta Rovers and his Dad is the legendary Mick Nolan ...ifhes the choice it s a beauty

Danny Nolan .. wow a gun,, ,, has been involved in 9 Premierships as a player and as a coach. Was coaching them up until last season and in October announced he was moving to the Gold Coast , Played for the mighty Wangaratta Rovers and his Dad is the legendary Mick Nolan ...ifhes the choice it s a beauty
Coaching Heildreberg I mean ,,, was voted the Best Coach in Victorian Footy in 2021 by a annual award decided by the AFL

How many premierships as a coach Stu? A few people in Northern League said Mickey Mouse could have coached Heidelberg for the Premierships when he was there as they had a stacked side.

How many premierships as a coach Stu? A few people in Northern League said Mickey Mouse could have coached Heidelberg for the Premierships when he was there as they had a stacked side.
Dontknow mate,, Imjust quicly googled him this morning,, Have not gone into any further checking as we dont know if hes the one thats got the job

Have heard the same comments about Aspleys coach over the past 2 years as well ,, stacked side yes,, still got to get them there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard the same comments about Aspleys coach over the past 2 years as well ,, stacked side yes,, still got to get them there
Thats true too about Webby and Aspley - which is why premierships can be a furphy when it comes to coaching ability. On the other hand I don't know of anyone who has been coached by Webby that says he is no good. He has also coached lesser groups (Mt Gravatt) and done quite well with them. IMO the best coaching efforts have been by Moore at SP in 2019 and Cadz in 2021 with Maroochy (albeit a bit fortunate to get to that point).

Let me just say I'm 100% certain that the candidate will not be offered the sort of $$ they could get at Weyba rd to coach that group around the paddock... :)
No I would imagine not.Roos have lost some terrific players opting to chase the bigger bucks down south recently so maybe a change in mindset needs to occur and I’m not sure 18k to coach at this level and more so devote the time required cuts it anymore.Trinity Beach offering up to 60 k for a Senior coach and can’t get an applicant🤷

N
Dontknow mate,, Imjust quicly googled him this morning,, Have not gone into any further checking as we dont know if hes the one thats got the job
Nolan appointed coach at Broadbeach.And goalkicker correct he coach Heidelberg to the 2022 flag.Played in 5 Senior Premierships for them and 4 for St Mary’s in Darwin!

N

Nolan appointed coach at Broadbeach.And goalkicker correct he coach Heidelberg to the 2022 flag.Played in 5 Senior Premierships for them and 4 for St Mary’s in Darwin!
Hes got a great resume as a player being partn of 9 premierships ,, far out.. Ive contacted some of my sources down south and they say hes a great guy and has a very good footy brain ,, I guess season 2024 will see how he goes hey and how Broadys list is for him to work with

Mark Seen will get Mt Gravatt job, but he wants the Aspley gig so probably waiting for confirmation on Pilgrim getting Aspley before accepting the Mt Gravatt job.

No I would imagine not.Roos have lost some terrific players opting to chase the bigger bucks down south recently so maybe a change in mindset needs to occur and I’m not sure 18k to coach at this level and more so devote the time required cuts it anymore.Trinity Beach offering up to 60 k for a Senior coach and can’t get an applicant🤷
Yea that $60k possibly involves more than just coaching and if it is a FT job then not overly good money unless the person is currently retired. Personally think $15-20k is okay money for QAFL coaching. If anything I think we don't look hard enough at paying assistants decent coin to step up and take some of the workload. If I had $50k to pay coaches then I would pay 60% to the head coach and 30% to 2-3 assistants + a reserves coach. Better for the head coach in terms of distributing workload, better for the assistants, and better for club (will probably get a better coaching group).

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back