QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Brittain, Adrian Fletcher as Qld coaches. When State side is selected any player who declines selection should be made to sit out next club fixture
High paid recruits don't wan't to play for lack of match payments or risk of injury. There was a situation years ago whereby reigning Premiers didn't have a representative in the Qld side !!

Gee don’t you blokes stick together😂
Brett Maloney be great also! Has done it before with much success! And he’s ex Maroochydore😂
:tearsofjoy: I thought you were going to put forward Lumpy Smith but yes Brett would be a fine choice too... :) I just wasn't sure if he could be released from his lucrative commentating contract he has with Tigers TV up there.... :)

Going to be a great comp this year. Seems to be getting better each year.

I'm all for clubs working ways to bring these high profile players. Only good for the standard and younger guys to learn off ex AFL players

When is Palmy announcing its x AFL Premiership recruit........JF?

Reckon that’s cheap compared to what some other players being paid in similar competitions.
Not sure about cheap SM. He wouldn’t be anywhere near the ability of Liam Jones who possibly was on that number. Getting paid close to 25% of the salary cap assuming he doesn’t get picked up in Feb by an afl club

The comp should do away with the salary cap. Clubs will spend what they want to spend and find loopholes to do it. Not worth the administration and time to unwind it all. It'd be more worthwhile being more vigilant on the points cap in assigning the right total weekly cap and number to each player. You can hide money but you can't fudge a players playing record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comp should do away with the salary cap. Clubs will spend what they want to spend and find loopholes to do it. Not worth the administration and time to unwind it all. It'd be more worthwhile being more vigilant on the points cap in assigning the right total weekly cap and number to each player. You can hide money but you can't fudge a players playing record.
What Admin ! Do QAFL have any staff left and whats left has had their heads buried in the sand for years.

What Admin ! Do QAFL have any staff left and whats left has had their heads buried in the sand for years.
Which I think supports not having a salary cap at all if it's not going to be policed. Removes both the methods clubs may go to skirt the rules as well as the unfounded rumours you hear to discredit teams and the legitimacy of the league. The points cap is fair and easy if done correctly.

Has there been issues with a clubs points tally being incorrect?

Has there been issues with a clubs points tally being incorrect?
Not that I'm aware of. There's been instances where teams have had to really think about who they put on the park on a certain week which is a good thing, as it was designed.

I believe only Broadbeach and Morningside have actually officially been found to have breached the points cap in a single game each.

In broadbeach case, the player was incorrectly graded by AFLQ staff and played 3 games with the wrong allocation, and in only one of those 3 they breached the cap as a result.

In Morningside case, they brought in an emergency and went over the cap on game day.

Both got a slap on the wrist.

The points system is a tough grind for the first 2 years but if you can keep the same players year 3 let’s you bring in more high point players. Broadbeach will gain about 4 to 6 points from players hitting year 3 of service.

All players under 21 that are QLD kids should be 1 point players. Even if they move clubs but they can only move once.

I still can’t get past the Seb Rogers rule he was 4 points this year but will be 1 point in 2023 as he was played more then 75 games for the club. If he has been around Noosa for that long the league could have made a decision to say let’s move him down one point last year.

In Vic every year of service you reduce a point but in QLD it’s your third year that you reduce a point from. We are behind the times up here but they won’t listen to anyone.

I believe only Broadbeach and Morningside have actually officially been found to have breached the points cap in a single game each.

In broadbeach case, the player was incorrectly graded by AFLQ staff and played 3 games with the wrong allocation, and in only one of those 3 they breached the cap as a result.

In Morningside case, they brought in an emergency and went over the cap on game day.

Both got a slap on the wrist.
The uni blues in the vafa is probably the biggest one here in Melbourne. They lost all their wins for the year and were able to stay in premier division

St Kilda city had to pull a player out of a game a minute before the toss against Cheltenham. Because the umpires found they were over the points

Not sure about cheap SM. He wouldn’t be anywhere near the ability of Liam Jones who possibly was on that number. Getting paid close to 25% of the salary cap assuming he doesn’t get picked up in Feb by an afl club
How are you comparing him to Liam Jones when he hasn’t fired a shot yet at QAFL Level. Maybe reserve your judgment as at Carlton I would say Robinson was ahead of Jones well and truly in the pecking order.

Not sure if you seen any VFL games last year but when he played that level he was dominant. Agree Jones dominated at QAFL Level but was role player at AFL Level.

Let’s wait and see what Robbo produces first before doing any comparisons at QAFL Level. You may change your opinion. For mine worth every cent what he brings on and off field. He will put bums on seats and has much bigger profile outside footy than anyone that has played QAFL Footy I would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back