QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose the argument isn’t about ability to retain players. Or should they have to select who they let go but simply grade the list with their points as all clubs had their players graded when the system came in. Possibly discount some of the fact that all came bk from neafl so a bit unfair to grade them all as neafl players as tgey might be if another club.
And then if a 4 pt player is happy to play 2s bc he can’t be fitted into the A grade side then good on them. No one is bagging Aspleys ability to retain players it’s more tge fact that many Players were so under rated in the points system it provided a really strong advantage to them.

Tbh same as Broadbeach receive for vfl players who come bk too. It’s the system that needs reviewing not Aspley. They r obv doing something right within their club to have players come bk (Freeman Templeton) and to not lose players to competing clubs
As mentioned before,through gaming revenue Aspley are able to offer an elite program.3 full time paid staff,2 part time paid physios,no registration fees,apparell given to you.Not every other club can afford to do this.Good on them!
It’s actually what clubs in Cairns can offer also with gaming revenue.Freeman and Templeton not only love their program but know they are a much better chance of winning a flag at Aspley than Noosa and both are craving that.If they got one this year wouldn’t be surprised if they were back at Weyba rd in 2024!

7 players
Harrop.
Dodge
Brown
Watson
Harker
Delbridge
Lonergan.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can't even see Harrop in your GF 22, but thats a good example that even though you dropped down from the VFL, you were able to bring in guys like Dodge from the VFL and Lonergan/Allen from other QAFL clubs because you had no points issues despite the VFL list you had in place.

Can't even see Harrop in your GF 22, but thats a good example that even though you dropped down from the VFL, you were able to bring in guys like Dodge from the VFL and Lonergan/Allen from other QAFL clubs because you had no points issues despite the VFL list you had in place.

Harrop played. Hayden was late out. If you watched the game you would know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harrop played. Hayden was late out. If you watched the game you would know that.

VFL squad from 2021. 8 of the 40 are playing at other QAFL clubs this season.

14 of the 40 on the QAFL list - plus Batchelor, Nelis, Payne

Time to move on from the Aspley bashing and I’m the first to say I don’t like the club but I do respect the way the club is doing things, but the league made a decision and it won’t change.

Let’s remember we had lots of chat about how Brisbane teams are not up to coast teams in the QAFL so I’m happy to see Brisbane teams giving the coast teams few beltings.

Premiers - Aspley
Runners up - Broadbeach
Grogan - Martyn Grange
Coach of the year - Beamer, he’s turned Grange into top 5 team and yes they have recruited well and will need to add some more to win a flag but they are are moving forward.

As mentioned before,through gaming revenue Aspley are able to offer an elite program.3 full time paid staff,2 part time paid physios,no registration fees,apparell given to you.Not every other club can afford to do this.Good on them!
It’s actually what clubs in Cairns can offer also with gaming revenue.Freeman and Templeton not only love their program but know they are a much better chance of winning a flag at Aspley than Noosa and both are craving that.If they got one this year wouldn’t be surprised if they were back at Weyba rd in 2024!
Interested to know what 3 F/T staff do with their time at a QAFL club though mate? Even if it is to support players in some shape or form, most blokes are tied up bn 9-5 at this level earning a buck. No rego is a massive plus and hopefully extends thru to their juniors.

BTW if thats what pokies money can afford clubs to do then good on them but it's also good to see many many clubs from the AFL clubs to private enterprise starting to move away from this revenue stream. Considering West Coast eagles wealthiest club in the land with no pokie revenue it can be done.. :)

Time to move on from the Aspley bashing and I’m the first to say I don’t like the club but I do respect the way the club is doing things, but the league made a decision and it won’t change.

Let’s remember we had lots of chat about how Brisbane teams are not up to coast teams in the QAFL so I’m happy to see Brisbane teams giving the coast teams few beltings.

Premiers - Aspley
Runners up - Broadbeach
Grogan - Martyn Grange
Coach of the year - Beamer, he’s turned Grange into top 5 team and yes they have recruited well and will need to add some more to win a flag but they are are moving forward.
Premiers - Hornets
R/Up - Redlands
CotY - Lappin
Grogan - Fletcher (Sherwood) / Martyn (grange)

Agree re the chat around Bris vs GC sides GK - its funny how thats all changed so suddenly too.

Interested to know what 3 F/T staff do with their time at a QAFL club though mate? Even if it is to support players in some shape or form, most blokes are tied up bn 9-5 at this level earning a buck. No rego is a massive plus and hopefully extends thru to their juniors.

BTW if thats what pokies money can afford clubs to do then good on them but it's also good to see many many clubs from the AFL clubs to private enterprise starting to move away from this revenue stream. Considering West Coast eagles wealthiest club in the land with no pokie revenue it can be done.. :)

Last one from me on Aspley as thunderdoc said it’s getting boring.
Players pay for rego and apparel. Not sure who the 3rd FT employee is you refer to.
I will stand corrected if wrong.
Noosa boy I would be more concerned at why 2 players travel down the highway to play at aspley. And Freeman no chance of returning either

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back