QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll just stop talking because pretend football people are not football people - so bye bye idiot. I'll just talk about what I saw.

I am gonna guess PBC didnt bring a good game. They've clearly won good games. Grange were strong but no way spectacular. Some goals were flukes.

If this is 5th and 6th in the finals, then .., well just do a four ...

So I watched my Brfoadbeach defeat Aspley today by some 7 goals ,, Broady played a great game plan againsg the Aspley play ,, but,, did Aspley get out of 3rd gear today ,,,not so sure ,, mind games again as per last season
Aspley still had a goodish side in. No Dawson or Payne, just 2 not listed, but hats off to Broady. They can only play who is put out against them. Interested if there are any list concerns at Aspley.

I’d reckon Redlands-VP have been waiting for this weeks blockbuster v Broady and have geared up nicely. What a game it will be.

Some fight left in Grange & Labrador by the looks too.

Aspley still had a goodish side in. No Dawson or Payne, just 2 not listed, but hats off to Broady. They can only play who is put out against them. Interested if there are any list concerns at Aspley.

Aspley didn't have their best side on the track, missing Dawson, Payne, Hayden, Wasley-Black and our co-captain Batchelor getting injured in the 1st certainly didn't help. No matter how both teams are going, it is always tough to get a result at Subaru Oval and saying that Aspley shouldn't be losing to Broadbeach AWAY is ridiculous. Broadbeach are a great side and they deserved the win.

However, premierships aren't won at Subaru Oval as we saw last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fo
I'll just stop talking because pretend football people are not football people - so bye bye idiot. I'll just talk about what I saw.

I am gonna guess PBC didnt bring a good game. They've clearly won good games. Grange were strong but no way spectacular. Some goals were flukes.

For someone new to Qld footy you sure did become an overnight expert.

A few real observations/questions now. Is "PP" on the scores website a reference to this "points" thing I hear you all sometimes speak about? I noticed many teams are close to their allocation (is that the right word?) but PBC only had a score in the 30s.

Is the guy Neate (I think was his name) well-known, a veteran of the league maybe? I noticed a few Grange players made a point of catching up with him on the field when the game ended, as though they all knew him well and wanted to wish him well.

A real thought re Aspley v Broadbeach: I did notice they were trailing at qtr time, but they seem to trail lots of teams at qtr time so I didn't read much into it. Is Broadbeach still underdone or have players back?

You lost me here Mobbs. As someone who doesn't see alot of QAFL footy myself, I've enjoyed your insights but having a crack at you're "adopted" clubs crowd and then Damo who has been across SEQ football for the last 25 years doesn't sit well with me. Hope to catch up with you at some stage to prove me wrong but you speak of "pretend football people" and I'd suggest you fall into this category as a relative newbie.

Last edited:
You lost me here Mobbs. As someone who doesn't see alot of QAFL footy myself, I've enjoyed your insights but having a crack at you're "adopted" clubs crowd and then Damo who has been across SEQ football for the last 25 years doesn't sit well with me. Hope to catch up with you at some stage to prove me wrong but you speak of "pretend football people" and I'd suggest you fall into this cateory as a relative newbie.

Well said pugs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You lost me here Mobbs. As someone who doesn't see alot of QAFL footy myself, I've enjoyed your insights but having a crack at you're "adopted" clubs crowd and then Damo who has been across SEQ football for the last 25 years doesn't sit well with me. Hope to catch up with you at some stage to prove me wrong but you speak of "pretend football people" and I'd suggest you fall into this category as a relative newbie.
Fair enough I'll retract it all then. No point being inflammatory with people I hardly know - so a bad call by me.
damochandler i went far too hard for being a bit stroppy you used the 'sook' word. Mistook it and thought we were gonna enter a messageboard jousting session. Apologies.
Re Grange - I'm just surprised, I'm not used to it. Again if I overstepped, then shame on me. I did re-read my post and probably too flavourful for a small point I was trying to make.
Apologies all round.

Ressies flag? A little strange to add that in but I suppose it shows what a significant contribution he’s made at Broady over a long period of time. Hats off to Searle. 200 senior games is a significant achievement
Lagging Behind,,,
I was noting his overall contribution and accolades and playing in a ressies Premiership side certainly is a accolade as the Ressies are a huge part of a club

And as Damo has adopted Doncaster FC as his team of choice in Melb in recent years and the way they are currently travelling in Premier division in the EFL it makes sense for him to be looking thru his Aspley eyes again 😁

Lagging Behind,,,
I was noting his overall contribution and accolades and playing in a ressies Premiership side certainly is a accolade as the Ressies are a huge part of a club
When someone says two premierships or 5 premierships tho Stuy it usually is referring to senior premiership unless otherwise said so. Colts premierships are important too but I’m not sure they end up in a guys resume.
Bottom line Searle has been a champion of this comp, plays footy in the right way and obv a fantastic Cats person. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a little bit extra on the weekend for a guy like him from the Broady brethren

When someone says two premierships or 5 premierships tho Stuy it usually is referring to senior premiership unless otherwise said so. Colts premierships are important too but I’m not sure they end up in a guys resume.
Bottom line Searle has been a champion of this comp, plays footy in the right way and obv a fantastic Cats person. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a little bit extra on the weekend for a guy like him from the Broady brethren
Smy,
doesnt matter,, its a basic summary of his playing for Broady since age 6 ...

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back