Game Day QF.2 Port Adealide vs Geelong, Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was painting my house , didn't expect much with the MF out but was pleasantly surprised listening to it unfold over the radio. :thumbsu:
I was at the game with a mate. When we heard who the outs were I seriously thought about leaving, thinking Carlton by how much, and remembering what a shithole VFL Park was to get out of

Darren posted on BF, or BF poster knows Darren? If anyone has a sighting of Tom in Adelaide still we know this is BS..

One issue I see with that is I doubt any player would be on the plane home middle of the day unless they had a family situation to return home to

Stewart as VC, if he's in Adelaide he'd be staying there for the match - not jumping on two planes in two days

And I'd also expect at least one AFL journo to be all over the story if that was the case

Chris Scott found CHAWKTS. :(

At least he found him before the identity of the late out was revealed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they didn't. One post in reply to yours and that's it.

There was a couple of responses

Maybe they're just selective who they reply to, especially in regards to that type of info

They could also be on their lunch break or something, and simply not have had the chance for further replies

VC you would think he'd be keen to stay with the side not fly home this has a funny smell to it.

The only two players I can think of that have flown home from interstate ahead of a match are Duncan when Demi went into labor earlier this year

And Gary who returned from Perth during the covid interruptions to be with Levi & Jordan

Noted by Champion Data this interesting stat i thought was applicable

The stat measures games where games consists of more ground balls than uncontested marks or vice-versa
More uncontested marks than ground balls equals a "control based game", the opposite is a "chaotic based game"

During the Home and Away season, 50% of games are played in "control based game"
During the Home and Away season, 49% of games are played in "chaotic based game"
During the Home and Away season, 1% of games are a 50/50 "control/chaos game"

Of all Finals played since stats were recorded for it, 80% of the time they are played in a "chaotic style game"

Geelong is the number 1 team in the comp to play a "chaotic style game"
Port Adelaide is one of the lowest teams in the League to play "chaotic style games"
Majority of Cats wins are chaos style games, Port with control based games.

Geelong of 2019-2021 were number 1 in control based games, completely flipped from 2022 onward.

What has our Finals results been like since the flip?
3-0 Win/Loss record

Port are literally just us from 2019-2021.

Discussed and explained here (from the 23:30 min mark):

Interesting listen.

When Geel got on that roll late in the 93 season , one of the wins was thumping Nth Melb by nearly 100 at the MCG ( a game i attended )

And Denis Pagan the Nth Melb coach said after the game , that Geel were White hot today

And that is how i want the Cats tonight , white hot

So let me get this straight….
1: Tom Stewart gets on the team bus to Tullamarine.
2: Between then and boarding the plane to Adelaide, he makes a medical decision that he’s no longer right to play.
3: On the way out of the airport to go home (in an Uber???), he tells a random BF poster he won’t play.
4: None of the attendant media notice Stewart’s departure.
5: The club make no confirmation.

Sounds like BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let me get this straight….
1: Tom Stewart gets on the team bus to Tullamarine.
2: Between then and boarding the plane to Adelaide, he makes a medical decision that he’s no longer right to play.
3: On the way out of the airport to go home (in an Uber???), he tells a random BF poster he won’t play.
4: None of the attendant media notice Stewart’s departure.
5: The club make no confirmation.

Sounds like BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...not a lot of this is adding up.
Smells like a troll post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back