Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty strong talk around the traps that Geelong are expected to go with SDK in the ruck / Blicavs as back up, and leave Stanley out.

Mullin a big chance to play and run with JHF after the job he did in the previous match against Port. Bews to Rioli
So close

Never said we've found our perfect team - yours is the first post I've seen use that terminology

It's simply that I'm not unhappy with keeping the stability from our last match, and I've been saying since before the end of our VFL match in Saturday that I expected us to be unchanged on Wednesday night
I'm happy that Stewart and Humphries are both playing- from that pov, stability is a beautiful thing.

Plenty of people writing Geelong off this year. They do it at their peril.

Port's demolition of the Swans is a bit of a false dawn, I reckon.
We as supporters (or most of us level headed ones) understand the magnitude of adv PA have but if I like the rest of us believe if we can just swing the pendulum back to a 50:50 contest our adv could be fwd if given enough opportunities.

Last edited:
I’d probably have Kolo on him or Henry. Exposing the cardio of Dixon and Sav will be the plan
I’ll be hoping for Blicavs to Dixon, Henry to Ratugolea, Kolo to Georgiades.

Lose this game and we get the pleasure of taking on Hawks/Dogs for the double pleasure of going to Sydney for a prelim.

MUST WIN!!!
Ok but when you put it like that I think it might be quite nice to hammer the hawks along the way to a flag. Can't see them getting past the dogs though, so must win it is!

Mitchell admitted as much on 360 last night - get rid of the "er" - no need to go quicker , harder, longer, faster.....
Doing that makes you less predictable , play your role and play to the game plan - trust that to get the job done.
Hate to admit it but I do admire Sam and cough , cough - like watching the Hawks...................

WE need a combined Love/Hate emoji- a fence sitter button.
But glad to hear you don't suffer brown and gold related PTSD.

I think we have an almighty chance, but have a nagging feeling that somehow the trio of ex cats will put in career best games and Charlie Dixon rolls back the clock. It’s just the way it happens for us sometimes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how they always have to bring the ex players of the opposition team in it’s like they do it to try to rattle them but hopefully we flog him lol
Teddy said exactly what I was going too
I think we have an almighty chance, but have a nagging feeling that somehow the trio of ex cats will put in career best games and Charlie Dixon rolls back the clock. It’s just the way it happens for us sometimes

But Bews is not small, he is an overly bulked up medium sized player at 286cm and at least 90kg and is no longer quick off the mark. Maybe they think his size is needed for Rioli. And not picking SDK means Kolo and JHenry need to play on talls. Hang on, Rioli is only 175cm.
FINALLY our ruck problems have been solved!! No need for either SDK or Stanley with Bews zipping around at 286cm. I’m not taking much notice of the named team, I’ll wait an hour rather than a day before the first bounce.

not the point though when the team was 100 up at half time! Whether we took the foot off, or the depleted bench, that game was virtually meaningless other than some % gain, and the 4 points, which is always nice.

The Eagles had enough good players, that when we dropped off our level, they could score.

We absolutely humiliated them in the first half, that was a pretty good performance.

This Geelong side is quite powerful when our level of pressure and intensity is very high.

As soon as that drops, we become very mediocre. The interesting thing is if finals sharpens them so that they maintain it for longer.

That is the hope.

Teddy said exactly what I was going too
I still disagree with Dixon there though, he’s most overrated player in comp. As for ex players who knows which way they will go, they’ll either be top notch or not even get a look at the ball it’s never in between…

not the point though when the team was 100 up at half time! Whether we took the foot off, or the depleted bench, that game was virtually meaningless other than some % gain, and the 4 points, which is always nice.
If we had more percentage gain we finished second (although Port put an end to that the next day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back