Game Day QF2 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50 @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case then we're not good enough anyway. It's the mids that are using the game for us, not the defence. The number of times Port have scored from rebounds is ridiculous.

no Tom Stewart is probably in a game like this a 4-5 goal effect at least.

then throw in what looks like danger playing injured quite hampered. As someone pointed out his spend a third of the game on the bench.

Now watch us do our usual after half time. We'll no doubt come out a kick a couple of quick goals, only to concede one against the grain from an inexplicably dumb turnover or lack of pressure, killing off any momentum we've managed to build.

Stewart’s loss is hard to cover and exposes the rest of the backline.
Nonetheless, everyone can play a lot better than this and they really need to lift. Need to get over the Allir fear and quickly get it into the forwards. Comon Geelong, need a much better contest than this.

Henderson needs to be chaired off after the game and never be seen again.

FFS why would you select a slow backline against a team with 5 dangerous small forwards who kick 6 of 8 first half goals.

Chris Scott has learnt zero from the losses Richmond inflicted on us over the last few years.

Typical Geelong.

Saw this coming from a mile away. Guthrie is doing what he usually does in finals . . . goes missing.
Close, Simpson, Duncan, Smith and possibly Parfitt have been our only good players across two quarters so far.

Port Adelaide garnered literally no respect by our supporter base during the week.
Happy to play them opposed to Brisbane many were saying.

Fingers crossed Duncan does not blow up because there is no one to come on and replace him now we have activated the sub.

Im smashing my body and sleep schedule again for this shit.

GO CAtters

At least we kept Aliir Aliir out of the action that quarter by not getting the ball inside our forward 50 anywhere near often enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals Rohan showed up again. I actually wouldn't play his next week. Having said that, he's probably the least of our problems

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Infuriating. He's playing like he's defending Aliir in the air when he's a talented player himself. It's all mindset.

He needs to approach it like he's going to beat Aliir. Not defend him

Something seriously wrong with this club.
Selwood is about to become the second most finals played in history, Geelong of the last 32 years have played more finals than anyone else and this current era is in line to become the longest and most finals played with no Premiership from a 10 year period.
I get over-achieving for a few years where we had brilliant top end talent yet it fell away quickly, we don't anymore, yet year after year we get dictated to in finals and look 15 levels below the required.
Simply it isn't good enough.
There's zero hope for Premiership success because we ALL know this team can't be trusted, and there's little hope for the future because we have slim rookie pickings and never get quality picks.
It feels like we are back to the 64-06 "close enough is good enough" GFC that we all cringed and hated.
I get that Port are the antithesis of our team, young and fast and front runners vs old and slow and reactive, but this has been an indictment of a first half against a supposed "experienced" finals team.
Woeful and weak.

It should of been the end of the Scott era after the melbourne final 3 years ago.

now surely this is it.

the Sideways kicking has cost us this game.
yep controlled football with players who continue to panic under pressure. 2 goals from direct turnovers kicking around the back half line. This does not stand up in finals.

I don't give a crap about winning H&A games to continually get humiliated in finals. What will this make it 1 win from 8 Quarter finals?. Wow...just embarrassing.

Also having Stewart would not have changed the outcome of this game.

Been trying to figure out what the hell has happened to Guthrie. Can’t believe how much his form has dropped off. The amount of times I’ve seen him plodding behind his opponent tonight, looks disinterested.
He's been jogging on the spot all game. Does not give a ****. Back to his efforts of 2-4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back