Game Day QF2 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50 @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but that first miss from Tomahawk set the tone. Straight in front 40m out is a kick he'd nail 9/10 times during the home and away season but once again in finals he flubs his lines. It's mental weakness. He had all those misses from last year's final in his head and he let it effect him.
nah - even if he slotted that goal they still would have over-run us with high pressure fast football - our archilles heel

Making finals constantly is too financially lucrative for the club - I think their hands are tied. If we keep making top 4, he's not going anywhere.

Let's not be all doom and gloom yet - last year we lost the qualifier and made the GF.
That's true, agaist the same club at the same venue to boot.

Too old and too slow with a team full of mercenaries. When is this club going to learn - their Hubris on the "success" of this era makes my physically sick.

I really feel for Joel, Tom and Mitch - I think these guys have been robbed of more premierships due to a mismanaged football department.
Don’t think they care you feel physically sick.
You could be following a team who’s last game was last week

The worst part is we'll belt Sydney next week and then we'll have to sit through this game again in a prelim.

We have ran out of puff haven't we.

Unfortunately I don't think we play a pathetic Collingwood we can win against next week to make Scotts finals record look somewhat better.

Too old and too slow with a team full of mercenaries. When is this club going to learn - their Hubris on the "success" of this era makes my physically sick.

I really feel for Joel, Tom and Mitch - I think these guys have been robbed of more premierships due to a mismanaged football department.

Funny you say that because they all seem to be in complete favour of the clubs approach.

You don't have to agree with it, I can respect that.

But don't drag players into it when it's just not true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest question, why are you here? No seriously, why?

If you've got nothing positive to say about the club ever then why bother supporting them? It's just a game after all.

I get that it's an opinion forum, I understand that...

But you're literally never positive; and you're not alone in that regard.

Take the good with the bad, it's footy guys and gals. Bloody more important things going on in the world right now.
Ummm seriously champ find me a positive and we’ll discuss it, sounds like you’re no good with the truth so I ask why are u here?

Yeah it is. You think Henderson and Kolo will suddenly form change and fix this?
Game is done time to look to next week.
It's not.

Winning centre clearances 10-0 and are down by 5 goals. Bizarre.
None have been good centre clearances, all scrappy rushed kicks and handpasses.

This has been a matter of individual mistakes causing panic to spread and it's game over when that happens.

In a game of individual mistakes it's hard to miss Rohan and Henderson. Rohan being completely outdone in 3 one on ones against Allir. Henderson getting caught holding the ball early then drops a chest mark both of which give easy goals. Then they combine to let the ball get over the back and give away a simple goal late.

We're doing some things ok but you can't make 15-20 really bad mistakes that put you completely on the back foot in a half and be competitive.

Game plan is the same sh*t every final.
Picks duds over and and over again while players in the VFL bust their gut and receive a small 2 week window to prove themselves or they are out for good.

I hold out hope they play a completely different style in the second half because at the moment, this is just garbage. Must play on at every opportunity. Better to lose by 7 goals and go down trying than playing conservatively and allowing Port's defenders to chop everything off.

Our best players are missing targets and goals. Would you have dropped Dangerfield?

Yes, there are tactical issues, but it's above their shoulders that's the problem. Wouldn't make any difference who's playing. It's like a contagion that takes over the team.

Who would you have picked? Two-gamer Kreuger? Half-hearted Narkle? Not sure they would have made a difference.

One half to turn it around.

Can’t get much worse than that surely. Hopefully we can regroup and start to grind this out. Not beyond us but it we look a mile off at the moment. Hawk and Cameron had plenty of opportunities from limited looks at it is one positive.

I fear for what this place will look like when we're actually s**t, then you'll see just how easy it's been all these years

The good:
Close
Duncan
Only being 29 points down

The bad:
Skill level
Broken tackles

The ugly:
Henderson
Rohan

Outstanding coaching performance from Hinkley. Port are taking the game on at every opportunity; going down the middle from kick outs, playing on, using the corridor etc. We are being forced to defend 1 on 1 (not as a team), which has always been a weakness of ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got to tackle to get broken tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back