QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Just seems a bit lucky they went with 17 minute quarters + time on, rather than anything longer.

Otherwise there'd be some real long afternoons for the bottom few.

how is this attitude seeping into community footy, honestly. this isn't the pro leagues where tens of millions of dollars are spent on the one objective; if he kicks 100, has a great time doing so and then loses the GF, that's not "nothing"
Always love winning a consolation prize.

Kicking 100 is a great achievement, but regardless on dollars spent or effort by all sides in the comp, the target is to win the flag in a team sport, isn't it? Individual achievements would always be trumped by the ultimate success. if a side thinks they can win it, then don't - essentially, they have failed.

Kicking 100 is a great achievement, but regardless on dollars spent or effort by all sides in the comp, the target is to win the flag in a team sport, isn't it? Individual achievements would always be trumped by the ultimate success. if a side thinks they can win it, then don't - essentially, they have failed.
Thats the target - agree. Not sure if you don't achieve it you have by consequence "failed". Think you can lose without being a loser and you can win without being a winner. Its all about how you contextualise it.

Why are 3/4 of the Div 2 teams turning up, putting hours in for free, knowing they can't win the flag this year then? Community footy is about so much more than wins and losses in September - anyone who can't enjoy the journey I feel for.

There's a very big gap between aiming high and being disappointed, and everyone who doesnt win a flag has had a pointless failure of a season

not that good, decent Div 1 player, probably fringe senior and good ressies player in QAFL.
Are you putting Division One ahead of Tasmania State league 🤣 you continue to speak absolute rubbish at times Miller1971 you seriously have no idea at all. Jacob Knight would would into any QAFL starting 22 more likely 18 and that’s coming from an opposition Senior Coach and a former Tasmanian.
not that good, decent Div 1 player, probably fringe senior and good ressies player in QAFL.

Why are 3/4 of the Div 2 teams turning up, putting hours in for free, knowing they can't win the flag this year then? Community footy is about so much more than wins and losses in September - anyone who can't enjoy the journey I feel for.

There's a very big gap between aiming high and being disappointed, and everyone who doesnt win a flag has had a pointless failure of a season
I guess it all depends on what you consider success and how it’s contextualised re: SMY

But I guess some people support the idea that everyone should be happy and get a ribbon for trying, and others believe you need to win to receive an accolade.

The key - and I emphasise the key of playing football is to win a flag. Regardless if it is short, medium or a long term goal. I guess as part of that, perhaps as a short term plan not winning a flag in a season could be seen as a non failure if it part of the journey.

If you are playing for hugs, and intrinsic reward as the main motivator, you’ll have a very unsuccessful career.

Are you putting Division One ahead of Tasmania State league 🤣 you continue to speak absolute rubbish at times Miller1971 you seriously have no idea at all. Jacob Knight would would into any QAFL starting 22 more likely 18 and that’s coming from an opposition Senior Coach and a former Tasmanian.
I hear they got another one to unleash very soon too

I guess it all depends on what you consider success and how it’s contextualised re: SMY

But I guess some people support the idea that everyone should be happy and get a ribbon for trying, and others believe you need to win to receive an accolade.

The key - and I emphasise the key of playing football is to win a flag. Regardless if it is short, medium or a long term goal. I guess as part of that, perhaps as a short term plan not winning a flag in a season could be seen as a non failure if it part of the journey.

If you are playing for hugs, and intrinsic reward as the main motivator, you’ll have a very unsuccessful career.
Bloody hell. That’s ridiculous logic. Chest beating stuff that’s pushed down from motivator speakers at afl level.
Community footy has nothing. Nothing to do with this. Some could easily argue that even a Nick Riewoldt has not had a failed career and instead has had a very fulfilling one.
This is just silly talk Ranger. If u honestly believe that local footy is ALL about winning a premiership then I imagine commonsense says u will give away the season once u realise u can’t win it or even more intelligent would be to only apply for a gig with whoever u feel has a great chance of winning it. Why bother otherwise wasting your time??
I assume the only friendships u have made from football are with those who u won premierships with?

Not sure he ever played TSL Moon but he is a very good footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Storm was TSL until they folded, don’t think he played for Launceston during Covid, but he ended up at my old club Devonport which is no average team down south that’s for sure. Agree a very good player who we could all use.

entitled to your opinion, but he played mostly NTFA Div 2 and has maybe cracked 3-4 senior TSL games in his life, for 0 goals. Please tell me more about his extensive TSL credentials, or is he another guy who has floated through park footy his whole life being a 'star' ?

Signed for the 2020 season with Launceston and was never selected and played NWFL for Devenport instead. Cool story though, and its great he can beat up on Div 2 :thumbsu:

entitled to your opinion, but he played mostly NTFA Div 2 and has maybe cracked 3-4 senior TSL games in his life, for 0 goals. Please tell me more about his extensive TSL credentials, or is he another guy who has floated through park footy his whole life being a 'star' ?

Signed for the 2020 season with Launceston and was never selected and played NWFL for Devenport instead. Cool story though, and its great he can beat up on Div 2 :thumbsu:
I really think you have very, well actually little idea of the standard of football in Tasmania.

Devonport was a Statewide team (and still would be if not for all the travel) who now plays locally due to travelling 270kms every couple of weeks with three teams (know this as I played 18s through to Seniors there when it was in SWL).

I can tell you that the standard he has played down there and from what he has done up here (seen this as an opposition coach) that he’s easily a best 22 player (if he wanted to be) in any QAFL side.

You’re a person who continually picks at players, clubs and anything in general on this site (yeah your opinion), yet you hide behind your phone doing this, which to be honest is really sad.

Who cares if he floats around playing so called park footy, that’s his choice and if he’s enjoying it and getting some money to support himself good on him.

You’re a really sad Individual Miller1971

Last edited:
Who are the top 5 players in the comp in form atm ?
One of the things I've found interesting up here is the lack of trickle down of rankings or team of the year.
In VIC every league does a team of the year, i know the courier did a best 50 QAFL players this year, one of the things i still think would work is interleague but its Div 2 north vs south or combined div 2 vis div 1.
As to ranking current players ill do that at season end or when I retire.

People do realise it's div 2 community football and could possibly be div three if north south didn't exist.
Most blokes pay to play and take all the risk.
They want to play with there mates and have fun.
Take that away and you go bust very quick.
Only one club can win a flag each year.
Does that mean everyone else failed.

Been some good points re: enjoyment, flags etc... every season my intention was to win the Premiership, sometimes we did. Sometimes we didn't. I still enjoyed playing footy, competing and sharing the experience with good mates. The only way I ever felt the season as a 'failure' or waste as such was losing a couple of Grand Finals. But even then they became part of the experience. Losing a GF is more about wasting an opportunity, not a season.

Been some good points re: enjoyment, flags etc... every season my intention was to win the Premiership, sometimes we did. Sometimes we didn't. I still enjoyed playing footy, competing and sharing the experience with good mates. The only way I ever felt the season as a 'failure' or waste as such was losing a couple of Grand Finals. But even then they became part of the experience. Losing a GF is more about wasting an opportunity, not a season.
Hope no one looks into my stats . My career was a total failure!

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back