QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I would agree based on current results. Vic point would be clear favourites
Next two weeks big games for the saints playing both vic point and Redcliffe away
Vic point Carrara will be interesting both sides have strong forward lines and both seem to generate some good run off half back to set up key forwards
Midfield battle will be key to this game I think as first use will be crucial to both sides
Hard to call this game as the two sides that met in round one are playing totally different footy to now
It should be a great game and seeing as cararra Redcliffe and Vic point play each other 3 times in the home and away season it will be interesting to see how they aproach the next two games
Let's hope it doesn't turn into a one horse race

QAFL and Div 1 are wide open, even for finals places - not just the flag.

Div 2 the final 5 is set already, but who wins it is anyones guess - could come from any of the Top 4 imo. There is a clear best 4 sides, then the rest are pretty average.

Div 3 is a 3 team competition already, but there is obviously a clear standout.

Div 4 was a stuff up from the start only having 6 teams, even worse now that there are clearly 4 sides who will play finals and the rest of the year is a practice run. What makes it worse is that the best 3 or 4 Div 5 teams would make Div 4 far more interesting.

Div 5 has 2 or 3 clear favourites, but the flag race is wide open.

As predicted, Div 1 is certainly the most competitive league - with only Bond being also rans and the rest of that comp all being capable of beating each other on any given day. QAFL is a great comp as well, only Sandgate being not really competitive.

This division (3) probably has the most clearcut flag favourite of any division, along with the Tigers in the QAFL.
Spot on, good posting

agree, the fact that there are only 2 undefeated teams across 6 levels of footy (not including reserves) is testament that they have gone closer to getting it right.

Clear mistake is the Div 4 league being too small, and perhaps Bond should have stayed in Div 2

With every team now having played each other once what are people's thoughts on competition so far
Based on weekends results you would think top 3 is almost set in place
My question to comp is this
Has competition weakened with Suns folding
Beenleigh and Park Ridge moving up
My thoughts are yes and at the moment there seems to be a fair gap between top 3 sides and everyone else
When you look at reserves Redcliffe Carrara and Vic Point look like they are going to feature as well :)

I think its a big call Fatboy to say that Carrara has cemented itself as a top 3 side in Round 9 and that the top 3 are far ahead of everyone else. First off theyre one game ahead of the chasing pack and as you have said, they have to play the top 2 sides three times. On previous results, they could be 5 and 4 come Round 11. Secondly, flicking through the results, whilst they had a good win against Pine Rivers, I wouldnt say Carrara has dominated every team below it. They certainly didnt put in a four quarter effort against Ipswich...

Finally, whilst I am not a fan of how some teams were promoted last year on the basis of one good season, the competition is not necessarily weaker, some teams are certainly a lot strong than they were last year and have recruited players who could play in higher grades.

Windle you obviously didn't look too far into the past 5 rounds, Carrara's average winning margin is 90ish and are the highest scoring team in the comp by a good margin. Kicking 10.20 vs Redcliffe was unlucky, even the redcliffe boys knew they were lucky. I am still lead to believe their best player and huge pre- season signing hasn't played a game and will be one of the best player in the comp, he will be lining up this week i am told by the coach after getting injured a week before round 1. Viccy point are def flag favs but mark my words.... the saints will finish top 2 and are the only real threat to Viccy point and they know it too.

Ipswich are decent, hard at the footy and will finish 3rd or 4th, on the right direction the eagles!

Windle you obviously didn't look too far into the past 5 rounds, Carrara's average winning margin is 90ish and are the highest scoring team in the comp by a good margin. Kicking 10.20 vs Redcliffe was unlucky, even the redcliffe boys knew they were lucky. I am still lead to believe their best player and huge pre- season signing hasn't played a game and will be one of the best player in the comp, he will be lining up this week i am told by the coach after getting injured a week before round 1. Viccy point are def flag favs but mark my words.... the saints will finish top 2 and are the only real threat to Viccy point and they know it too.

Ipswich are decent, hard at the footy and will finish 3rd or 4th, on the right direction the eagles!
The saints faith lays in the hands of a player who has yet to play a game halfway through The season. Wouldn't want to get another injury. Will see how good they are after there next two rounds away from home. The last few years travelling meet a loss followed by excuses that they had players missing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The saints faith lays in the hands of a player who has yet to play a game halfway through The season. Wouldn't want to get another injury. Will see how good they are after there next two rounds away from home. The last few years travelling meet a loss followed by excuses that they had players missing

Hahaha. Far from true, you haven't seen them play this year have you? playing great team football. You're right in saying we will see where they sit after the next 2 games... its a different team, coaching and what else follows after that!

Didn't want to turn this thread into where teams get bashed about what has happened in previous years as a previous poster said in an earlier post too many excuses when players injuries etc happen
Or I don't support the notion that a team was unlucky because they kicked 20 behinds on the day ( Redcliffe kicked 15 behinds that day and deserved the win imo)
We all get injuries we all kick badly
Bad luck it happens to every team
What I'm trying to say and be objective is that for a club that finished bottom last year they have done well By recruiting well are well coached and new blood admin wise the club is looking better than in previous years
Results speak for themselves
Vic point lost by 59
Redcliffe lost by 7
Hinterland won by 122
Ipswich Won by 23
Wynnum. Won by 54
Marooka. Won by 110
Pine rivers won by 135
As a club they can't do any more than that
win or lose at this stage they are showing that they are not the same as last year
They are now competitive and will at least be going their hardest to make the competition interesting over the next few months and as we all know anything can happen in finals

Cracker jack4 you got to be kidding ipswich are decent? They have only won 3 games, my Roosters will smash them in a few weeks. Story is their coach is about to be booted cause he hasnt delivered the goods and they had high expectations this season and so far been a flop. Carrara top 2 thats a joke as well. All i can say viccy are guns and the Roosters will be the big improvers in the second half of the season

Cracker jack4 you got to be kidding ipswich are decent? They have only won 3 games, my Roosters will smash them in a few weeks. Story is their coach is about to be booted cause he hasnt delivered the goods and they had high expectations this season and so far been a flop. Carrara top 2 thats a joke as well. All i can say viccy are guns and the Roosters will be the big improvers in the second half of the season

Even after JR leaves ??

They beat your roosters by over 100!

Some absolute garbage on here.

I can tell you all now that the Saints aren't getting too far ahead of themselves and are coming from last. But we are excited for the next few weeks to see how much we've improved since the start of the season.

I suggest anyone not playing come along and watch two good teams battle it out on Saturday at Redlands.

Lucky Ducky still grinding a grudge against the Eagles and Kim whilst playing smokes and mirrors making out your a Rooster lmfho. Ipswich have been solid, with the exception of the Victoria Point game they have been in every game, loosing 3 games by a couple of goals or less. Have good numbers on the track and are building better than previous years. You don't sack coaches who are doing good things!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back