QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched both right through.
I wouldn’t take the praccy game against Noosa too seriously infact Nambour were very well structured and their pressure in the contest particularly tackling was great fell away in last qtr and and half but a big gap as we know from div 1 to div 3 especially playing a serial contender .I actually umpired the Gympie game and whilst the cats looked overawed early their second half was heaps more disciplined and had a crack again fitness no where there opponents which is understandable.A really good day and after match at Noosa which is what we were after as Sunshine Coast local footy clubs hope we all go well

Noosa beat a QAFL team by 5 goals so I’m well aware not to read into the results too much. I was just shocked at how poor Gympie were after the big hype they’ve built after the Pomona merge and moving from last to premiers in one season. May be different against div 3 sides but it was definitely a lack lustre performance.

I wouldn’t read into that all that much. While we had a very poor showing. What we had on the paddock was nothing close to full strength, a lot of on the day fill ins and 3 15 year olds. None of our new QAFL experience players played either. Add to that Noosa were unbelievably fit and well structured. Their size and pace a long with barely turning the ball over were very hard to overcome. Noosa will be in the QAFL in no time.

Last edited:
Orsm to here big year ahead
For you guys
Now your back in the Comp where you belong
Harsh mate.
Judging by weekend results.
I think it will be a long year for both new teams to the comp.
You shouldn't read too much into it but it does give some insight.
A few more signings needed.

Any other big signings in this comp? Haven’t heard too much lately
I here last years leading goalkicker from kedron has signed a ten year deal.
Doing a buddy and not leaving the square this or any future year.
Part of the deal I'm led to belive.
The new rules prompted the contract extension.
Will see him through to play masters. 😁
Good luck mate.

Harsh mate.
Judging by weekend results.
I think it will be a long year for both new teams to the comp.
You shouldn't read too much into it but it does give some insight.
A few more signings needed.

Sorry mate I meant that as a good thing you will go Alright like you beat Kenmore in this Div to win
a flag in the days....
A lot a teams will struggle with the trip to your ground ….personally I loved it Nice ground and then spend the night Very Cool

Sorry mate I meant that as a good thing you will go Alright like you beat Kenmore in this Div to win
a flag in the days....
A lot a teams will struggle with the trip to your ground ….personally I loved it Nice ground and then spend the night Very Cool
Mate I'm not from Gympie.
Certainly not looking forward to the road trip.
No matter how nice the ground is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont keep us in suspense drop a name

I believe it’s Joel Perry-Warren but last I heard of him was years ago and that he didn’t recover so well from his knee injury. Was a gun footballer before that though, I remember playing against him. Very Pendlebury like always had time and space where others wouldn’t.

kedron and Moreton have a practice game today. I’ll pop down (if it goes ahead) and see how two of the teams predicted to be strong in div 3 are travelling. Quick pit stop to the TAB for a sneaky glance at the all star mile.

Hawkshot didnt win, but neither do many things i back.

Saw part of the reserves game at Moreton bay and all the seniors. (Friend plays at kedron).

Very tight contest. Moreton Bay won by 10 points. Game blew out in favour of MB through the second and third quarter. But kedron fought back well. Number 5 for kedron looked slick through the middle and the new recruit for kedron played well in the second half, but was well held in the first.

Moreton had an even effort, a small forward bobbed up and kicked 3 (no. 42) with solid pressure. Appeared to be a high quality game.

Interestingly, I saw 20 redcliffe boys popping down for a bit of a gander.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back