Moreton Bay
Wynnum
Hinterland
Sandgate
Alex Hills
Kenmore
Yeronga
Park Ridge

Big statement all the way from SA PowerCafe after 3 years without posting. Obviously unsubstantiated hearsay or has someone that is known on this forum asked you to post?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just answering another poster's inquiry. Nothing sinister here. I was pointed to this thread by a former player from the competition.
There have been a number of posts on this before mine.

Wynnum alledgedly exceeding the salary cap.

What a crock of shit! As a member of this club for more that 10 years and knowing our president and his family and how much work they put into the club and how much he loves this club it is scandalous that people would question his integrity with no evidence!
As a club we have grown over the years because of the hard work of our club executive and coaching staff. We have 70 players on out books this year and there is a great vibe around the club. A great bunch of blokes.
Brendan (and his whole family) our President, is one of the hardest working individuals around and wouldn’t let anything jepodise his or the clubs reputation.
But let me explain ourselves....not that we need to! We recruited 2 players from a higher lvl both are excellent people on and off the field and their experience around the group is priceless. They came to our club because of their 15 year friendship with one of our players and the other because he has started a new business.
All our other players have been ex juniors, players from previous years or walk-ins. We have brought our remaining colts up to the senior group as we didn’t have the numbers.

Tall poppy syndrome and jealousy doesn’t become you. It is a shame that people on here still think it’s ok to write lies on this site.
Believe me we know who you are. Our club is on the rise and is doing well so of course the jealous people want to come out and throw stones.
Wake up to yourself and move on with your life.

Last edited:
What a crock of sh*t! As a member of this club for more that 10 years and knowing our president and his family and how much work they put into the club and how much he loves this club it is scandalous that people would question his integrity with no evidence!
As a club we have grown over the years because of the hard work of our club executive and coaching staff. We have 70 players on out books this year and there is a great vibe around the club. A great bunch of blokes.
Brendan (and his whole family) our President, is one of the hardest working individuals around and wouldn’t let anything jepodise his or the clubs reputation.
But let me explain ourselves....not that we need to! We recruited 2 players from a higher lvl both are excellent people on and off the field and there experience around the group is priceless. They came to our club because of there 15 year friendship with one of our players and the other because he has started a new business.
All our other players have been ex juniors, players from previous years or walk-ins. We have brought our remaining colts up to the senior group as we didn’t have the numbers.

Tall poopy syndrome and jealousy doesn’t become you. It is a shame that people on here still think it’s ok to write lies on this site.
Believe me we know who you are. Our club is on the rise and is doing well so of course the jealous people want to come out and throw stones.

Yeronga actually have more players with QAFL experience than Wynnum do, and Corrie is supposedly on more coin than Harwood. Pretty unfair Wynnum are copping this sort of flack just because they've risen up the ladder and recruited well. As you say Harzy and Lumber are good people and you wouldn't think they'd be bending anyone over a barrel money wise.

What a crock of sh*t! As a member of this club for more that 10 years and knowing our president and his family and how much work they put into the club and how much he loves this club it is scandalous that people would question his integrity with no evidence!
But let me explain ourselves....not that we need to! We recruited 2 players from a higher lvl both are excellent people on and off the field and there experience around the group is priceless. They came to our club because of there 15 year friendship with one of our players and the other because he has started a new business.

Tall poopy syndrome and jealousy doesn’t become you. It is a shame that people on here still think it’s ok to write lies on this site.
Once the next ex-AFL / Brisbane Lions player is announced before the June 30 deadline that may get a few more people on edge! Fair play to the Vikings who have recruited exceptionally well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeronga actually have more players with QAFL experience than Wynnum do, and Corrie is supposedly on more coin than Harwood. Pretty unfair Wynnum are copping this sort of flack just because they've risen up the ladder and recruited well. As you say Harzy and Lumber are good people and you wouldn't think they'd be bending anyone over a barrel money wise.
Thats exactly right, yeronga have 4-5 blokes with qafl experince including Jayden Gallagher, and anthony corrie but you got to give it to wynnum have recruited exeptionally well and its bullshit how they have exceded the cap. At the end of the day knowing how much corrie and harwood are on is none of our business

Yeronga actually have more players with QAFL experience than Wynnum do, a

Possibly, but their guys are not guys that would command a spot in a QAFL senior side now, they are past it, whereas Wynnum have 2 genuine stars of the QAFL and rumour has it, a 3rd one coming who is a bigger name than the other 2.

So the rumour about the Player coming is true

But the rumour about the salary cap is not true

I seems we only believe things that are positive and anything else is ferries at the bottom of the garden.

Why can’t mates just play footy with mates with out everyone making a big deal about it?? Maybe people need to look at the bigger picture here,rather than start rumours, some guys actually want to finish there careers on a high ( win a flag) with there friends. Some people need to get over themselves on this site.

Because it's not just about mates playing footy.

It's about cash and rules.

You’re a pretty big s**t stirrer Freddy. I reckon these guys may have earned there fair share of coin over the years. Maybe, just maybe they just are enjoying playing with a group of guys for a bit of fun without having to train 3-4 days a week. How good is it that they are still playing and contributing to making the competition better rather than leaving the game altogether. So many kids coming through learn from playing with and against these experienced guys. Look at Yeronga and the high esteem Corrie is held.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If there is proof and you can back it up all well and good.
If not it just looks like your brother stole your ice cream and your whinging to your mother.
On a side note do you guys still have those pies.
Sell enough of them and you'll get your footy budget right there.
I'm happy to contribute later in the year when we have you at home.
Stock up the kedron boys rate them highly.

Who posted the rumour Damo?

Those drums have been beating for weeks before a club president posted it.

If questioning where it's at when someone posts it as gospel but nothing eventuates then guess I'm a stirrer.

Just love the guys that can't believe the bad rumours but live in fairy land that all the good rumours are true

I have zero issue with clubs spending cap. It's in the rules.

If there is proof and you can back it up all well and good.
If not it just looks like your brother stole your ice cream and your whinging to your mother.
On a side note do you guys still have those pies.
Sell enough of them and you'll get your footy budget right there.
I'm happy to contribute later in the year when we have you at home.
Stock up the kedron boys rate them highly.

sorry mate. The pie guy has moved on and taken his awesome pies with him! Very sad state of affairs there as they were amazing pies! Sorry to disappoint on that one

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back