QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year the same issue arises, decent amount of rain and Councils close their sporting fields to avoid damaging the surfaces. Every year people complain saying "we used to play in it" or "in Victoria...." and while I agree, that grass can pretty much come back from anything it is mostly Councils that close fields causing games to not proceed. AFLQ need to now work out which/how many games are on fields that are open and hopefully we get games going ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's never aflq.
It's council grounds and home teams can call it if they feel the oval is unsafe.
But if you are a home game and you need the 2 points it's an easy call.😁😁
That’s true it’s an easy 2 points but wouldn’t you want to test yourself against the best teams to see where you are at this stage of the year.

When did a wet weather game become 2pt each? What ever happened to making it up during a bye round or even mid-week? Surely we've all been involved in these types of games before.

Pandoras box is opened once we split points for this sort of thing...

Every year the same issue arises, decent amount of rain and Councils close their sporting fields to avoid damaging the surfaces. Every year people complain saying "we used to play in it" or "in Victoria...." and while I agree, that grass can pretty much come back from anything it is mostly Councils that close fields causing games to not proceed. AFLQ need to now work out which/how many games are on fields that are open and hopefully we get games going ahead.
The rain received in Victoria doesn't even rate reporting on here in Qld. This is unseasonal stuff - tough calls to be made but its not the end of the world if they do. Need to remember that people have to get to games too - no one is flown in

The rain received in Victoria doesn't even rate reporting on here in Qld. This is unseasonal stuff - tough calls to be made but its not the end of the world if they do. Need to remember that people have to get to games too - no one is flown in
I could be wrong but Vic averages more rain annually than QLD?? The difference is Queensland grounds dry out.. warmer weather, coastal winds, no frost, no fogs that lift at 2pm then return at 4pm.
Road closures and safety are a genuine concern up here and my post was merely highlighting that this happens every year and could/should be planned for. AFLQ has to receive info from clubs as to whether they or council have shut their fields, then decide viability of the round.

When did a wet weather game become 2pt each? What ever happened to making it up during a bye round or even mid-week? Surely we've all been involved in these types of games before.

Pandoras box is opened once we split points for this sort of thing...
Not sure when it happened just noted last week points were split.
The box is open mate.

I could be wrong but Vic averages more rain annually than QLD?? The difference is Queensland grounds dry out.. warmer weather, coastal winds, no frost, no fogs that lift at 2pm then return at 4pm.
Road closures and safety are a genuine concern up here and my post was merely highlighting that this happens every year and could/should be planned for. AFLQ has to receive info from clubs as to whether they or council have shut their fields, then decide viability of the round.
It’s the amount of rain we are receiving in a very short period.

We’re almost up to double the annual rainfall in less than 6 months.

So in reality, we’ve so far received four times the amount of rain this year, compared to what we normally get.

It’s the amount of rain we are receiving in a very short period.

We’re almost up to double the annual rainfall in less than 6 months.

So in reality, we’ve so far received four times the amount of rain this year, compared to what we normally get.
Melbourne get 649mm Brisbane Gets 1138 or 44 inches lets say Double and we got 1100 in Feb

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back