QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe that Queensland Football need to have another look at the teams participating in Div 1 and Div 2. Can't have Aspley and Moreton Bay beating the third placed team by 100+. With two to drop from Div 1, hopefully this won't repeat next year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I believe that Queensland Football need to have another look at the teams participating in Div 1 and Div 2. Can't have Aspley and Moreton Bay beating the third placed team by 100+. With two to drop from Div 1, hopefully this won't repeat next year.

Umm - when did anyone say that 2 were dropping from Div 1?? Must have missed that memo.

I see. That won't help the comp then. Whoever stays down this year, Moreton or Aspley will once again dominate next year. Needs to be 2 up and 2 down.

Probably agree with your comments Shiz, but not sure the second last side in Div 1 would be any different from a Moreton or Aspley.

Will be interesting if say Aspley go up to Div 1 if Moreton would lose any players to play Div 1 or vice versa?

No surprise that the 2 bottom sides from QFA North are a fair bit ahead of the teams from QFA Sth because I think it was fairly well acknowledged that the North div was a fair bit stronger than the south last year. Neither Aspley nor MB were basket cases in 2016 so were always going to be strong this year in a lower comp.
MB kept all their best players really and well done to the coach and the footy club because I know there was interest from other clubs both north and south of them. Aspley the same. Just goes to show that even at this level if you can keep your list intact and have the patience to build on it then success can be achieved. Very difficult to keep on going 2 steps back, 1 step fwd though.

Probably agree with your comments Shiz, but not sure the second last side in Div 1 would be any different from a Moreton or Aspley.

Will be interesting if say Aspley go up to Div 1 if Moreton would lose any players to play Div 1 or vice versa?

Could argue that if UQ was to come back to Div 2 next year, based on this years performance in Div 1, that they would brain that comp..

No surprise that the 2 bottom sides from QFA North are a fair bit ahead of the teams from QFA Sth because I think it was fairly well acknowledged that the North div was a fair bit stronger than the south last year. Neither Aspley nor MB were basket cases in 2016 so were always going to be strong this year in a lower comp.
MB kept all their best players really and well done to the coach and the footy club because I know there was interest from other clubs both north and south of them. Aspley the same. Just goes to show that even at this level if you can keep your list intact and have the patience to build on it then success can be achieved. Very difficult to keep on going 2 steps back, 1 step fwd though.

I'm not sure aflq agreed. They rated south comp stronger.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think at the start of 2014 south comp would've been stronger with Springwood coming from being top team in div 1 (even though they lost the gf) and the 3 top sides from div 2 but North comp wouldve been stronger by the end of 2016, in my opinion anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a given that one if the top two go up.
If the other keeps it's list and builds on it than next year is going to take a lot of recruiting to catch them.
It might take to the last game to see who goes down.
The question has always been are the bottom teams in a higher comp better than the best in a lower division.
That question will be put to the test next year.
It's one of those seasons where the top two are stand outs and the next couple are a bit of the pace.
That's not to say an upset couldn't happen but it's highly unlikely.

If the other keeps it's list and builds on it than next year is going to take a lot of recruiting to catch them.
The question has always been are the bottom teams in a higher comp better than the best in a lower division.
It's one of those seasons where the top two are stand outs and the next couple are a bit of the pace.
Is relegation and promotion purely based on who wins the gf? Will they take into account reserves position?
Say if Alex finish on the bottom in seniors and get relegated their 2s will be like Aspleys 2s next year.

Big game between pirates and kedron.
a win for either side pretty much keeps them safe from relegation. .
big day for the pirates with big charity day to help two beautiful young kids enjoy a better .
come down and enjoy a great day..

Is relegation and promotion purely based on who wins the gf? Will they take into account reserves position?
Say if Alex finish on the bottom in seniors and get relegated their 2s will be like Aspleys 2s next year.
Always based on seniors, never seen in the relegation/promtion situation where the league has taken into consideration where the reserves finish.
Im assuming that all division fee's are different but not sure what the difference is but what happens if a team wins the GF but turns around and says they cant afford the increase in fee's are they made go up or is it then offered to the runner ups.

Exactly outandabout - and in reality no one can really say. Not sure if Alex Hills or Kedron are worse than the top sides in Div 3 and really its isn't a level playing field bc as your season goes sour, then often the wheels fall off totally and sides limp to the finish line. The reverse happens when winning.
All I can say is that Bond Uni were a very good side in QFA south last year and finding it very difficult this year. UQ would be the best 9th placed side for a long long time. Not sure either Aspley or MB would roll them even at this stage of the year.

Always based on seniors, never seen in the relegation/promtion situation where the league has taken into consideration where the reserves finish.
Im assuming that all division fee's are different but not sure what the difference is but what happens if a team wins the GF but turns around and says they cant afford the increase in fee's are they made go up or is it then offered to the runner ups.

Pretty sure you don't have a choice. Think your argument would have to be more around a known player exodus occurring. ie 10 blokes going on an overseas holiday.

Exactly outandabout - and in reality no one can really say. Not sure if Alex Hills or Kedron are worse than the top sides in Div 3 and really its isn't a level playing field bc as your season goes sour, then often the wheels fall off totally and sides limp to the finish line. The reverse happens when winning.
All I can say is that Bond Uni were a very good side in QFA south last year and finding it very difficult this year. UQ would be the best 9th placed side for a long long time. Not sure either Aspley or MB would roll them even at this stage of the year.

Aspley and MB have improved significantly on last year. In my opinion they would knock of a few sides in Div 1

Aspley and MB have improved significantly on last year. In my opinion they would knock of a few sides in Div 1

As coach of Aspley Big E , I am sure you think they are better.

On results this year I personally agree mate. But haven't seen any of Div 1 which appears to also gone up another gear from last year?

who really knows bc you are comparing the performance of players against far lesser players this year vs last year.
I reckon bond Uni thought they were going to go alright too this year after the way they went last year.

Last edited:
who really knows bc you are comparing the performance of players against far lesser players this year vs last year.
I reckon bond Uni thought they were going to go alright too this year after the way they went last year.

I see you deleted your original comment. FYI Harris kicked 32 goals from 9 games last year. Leading goal kicker was 49 from 16.
I'm comparing my squad from last year v this year.

Big game between pirates and kedron.
a win for either side pretty much keeps them safe from relegation. .
big day for the pirates with big charity day to help two beautiful young kids enjoy a better .
come down and enjoy a great day..
Yes one will be out of the relegation zone.
Home ground advantage and looks like a big day.
Kedron will have thier work cut out for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back