QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Another contradictive statement there Fan? You answered your own question in last statement.

Until QAFL Clubs form alliances with Div 2 and Div 3 clubs they may continue to lose border line senior players for better opportunities and in most cases better financial rewards.

For someone involved at Kenmore you sure worry a lot more about QAFL?

Not at all. I completely understand why players come into Div 2 and Div 3 after being borderline QAFL/NEAFL players. Better financial reward, guaranteed 2pm senior footy etc.

As I also pointed out, the QAFL clubs can't cry foul about it like they do because they have likely been pinching the best kids from these Div 2-4 clubs for years without sending anything back in return.

There absolutely should be alliances, but it won't happen because everyone is worried about their own backyard, rather than what is best for the player in question. These QAFL and Div 1 clubs with a 3rds team is a case in point. No way should any club be permitted to have a 3rds team in my opinion, its just robbing the surrounding local clubs of potential talent. Those players who aren't good enough for 1s/2s are exactly the ones that should be flowing back to Div 2 and 3 in return for the good kids these clubs keep losing.

The only place where the alliance system is partially working is QAFL/NEAFL, but its forced on them. I'm sure the Siders would argue that its not working there either though, as I've heard a whisper they have supplied 25+ NEAFL players to QLD NEAFL sides since 2014 and only had one come back the other way. Now I love sinking the boot into the Siders as much as the next bloke, but thats an enormous discrepancy and simply unsustainable. I imagine your new coach may have a similar story to tell about Sandgate blokes going to Aspley, but then when they finish up - they don't seem to come back to Sandgate...!

I'm fairly sure blocker doesn't promise an AFL contract.
Anyone involved in footy knows the process and just wandering down for a preseason won't do it.
Having said that you make your own luck.
I have seen Park ridge recruit very well in the offseason.
Experienced coach and some handy players.
How he does it is irrelevant he has the club heading in the right direction.
I certainly wouldn't have a crack at them. I might want to find out how he's doing it.
If they keep the young lads and develop them I reckon in two years they will be very handy.
I think you will see a huge improvement on last year but sorry blocker you were a fair bit of the pace this year.
So the growth of park ridge in the last couple of years has been well deserved.
The trick is to keep going up and not stagger up and down.
My club suffers from this problem but if you try and tell them it falls on deaf ears.
Keep your expectations realistic and enjoy the wins on the way.
Are you planning on hanging around to see the club move to new digs in the future.
It's probably only fitting you do.

Hey guys, I’m from Adelaide and moving into the Kenmore area in early February next year. Trying to get a feel for the league and the different clubs around.

Took the year off this year but prior was playing A grade footy in the SFL in SA. Probably around a div 3-4 level in the SA amateur league.

Does anyone know how this league compares? What club/ division to target?

Cheers

Hey guys, I’m from Adelaide and moving into the Kenmore area in early February next year. Trying to get a feel for the league and the different clubs around.

Took the year off this year but prior was playing A grade footy in the SFL in SA. Probably around a div 3-4 level in the SA amateur league.

Does anyone know how this league compares? What club/ division to target?

Cheers

I would say probably Div 1 or Div 2 Pickeyy. Plenty of clubs around your area mate. Always welcome at Park Ridge mate PM me if you want details.

All the best wherever you end up and hope you enjoy your time in QLD mate

Not at all. I completely understand why players come into Div 2 and Div 3 after being borderline QAFL/NEAFL players. Better financial reward, guaranteed 2pm senior footy etc.

As I also pointed out, the QAFL clubs can't cry foul about it like they do because they have likely been pinching the best kids from these Div 2-4 clubs for years without sending anything back in return.

There absolutely should be alliances, but it won't happen because everyone is worried about their own backyard, rather than what is best for the player in question. These QAFL and Div 1 clubs with a 3rds team is a case in point. No way should any club be permitted to have a 3rds team in my opinion, its just robbing the surrounding local clubs of potential talent. Those players who aren't good enough for 1s/2s are exactly the ones that should be flowing back to Div 2 and 3 in return for the good kids these clubs keep losing.

The only place where the alliance system is partially working is QAFL/NEAFL, but its forced on them. I'm sure the Siders would argue that its not working there either though, as I've heard a whisper they have supplied 25+ NEAFL players to QLD NEAFL sides since 2014 and only had one come back the other way. Now I love sinking the boot into the Siders as much as the next bloke, but thats an enormous discrepancy and simply unsustainable. I imagine your new coach may have a similar story to tell about Sandgate blokes going to Aspley, but then when they finish up - they don't seem to come back to Sandgate...!

Now you talking common sense

I'm fairly sure blocker doesn't promise an AFL contract.
Anyone involved in footy knows the process and just wandering down for a preseason won't do it.
Having said that you make your own luck.
I have seen Park ridge recruit very well in the offseason.
Experienced coach and some handy players.
How he does it is irrelevant he has the club heading in the right direction.
I certainly wouldn't have a crack at them. I might want to find out how he's doing it.
If they keep the young lads and develop them I reckon in two years they will be very handy.
I think you will see a huge improvement on last year but sorry blocker you were a fair bit of the pace this year.
So the growth of park ridge in the last couple of years has been well deserved.
The trick is to keep going up and not stagger up and down.
My club suffers from this problem but if you try and tell them it falls on deaf ears.
Keep your expectations realistic and enjoy the wins on the way.
Are you planning on hanging around to see the club move to new digs in the future.
It's probably only fitting you do.

Yes mate will definitely be staying around as long as members keep putting myself and the current committee back in.

At the end of the day Outnbout, we are all volunteers and love our clubs. We are just trying to learn from the better and most successful clubs and keep putting a bit of our slant on it as well.

People can knock us and say what they want, but not to many would survive and compete with the restrictions we have playing out of a school oval. I agree we were a bit of pace last year hence why we recruit to improve and support our Young list.

We will only be measured with success by people outside the club, but internally we have a heap of other benchmarks that we strive to achieve. I assure you once they start aligning the success will look after itself.

Come on blocker that's a nice way to throw a stone!

Not throwing a stone just commenting on a player negotiation that was with our club and is leaving for an insane amount of money for any level of footy in QLD.

So I think it is fair to comment if you do know actual facts. Unlike people that get on here and make statements that are unfounded and then hide behind a name.

I was happy to say who I am from early on this forum and I probably respect people who do the same. Other people that hide behind handles and try and make out they know everything that is going on at clubs or in the league are a bit yellow in my opinion.

The guys at Kenmore were told a player of theirs was promised opportunities in Victoria by Park Ridge that would see him get a chance at AFL level. That same player had previously already been sent to a VFL club with AFL affiliation for a pre-season by his QAFL club.

There are countless Mt Gravatt, Sherwood, Morningside kids playing WAFL, SANFL and VFL at the moment, or in the past. All arranged by their clubs. These opportunities are afforded to people that are up to it, not as a recruitment tool to get them there in the first place.

I'm very keen on this level of footy, and I love following it. I just get saddened when impressionable young players are tricked into playing down a few levels on false promises, which ends up being detrimental to their footy development. Playing a year of Div 2 footy in Brisbane when you are 20-25 years old is a one-way ticket to nowhere if you have genuine aspirations of playing in an elite competition - anyone that says any different is just not being realistic or honest.

Oh we using the old Kenmore chestnut again. Have never recruited a player from Kenmore so have no idea who you are talking about.

Have only ever recruited 3 players to get them an opportunity down south.

Nick Davidson had preseasons at both Essendon and Collingwood and would have made it on both lists but for injury at Collingwood and probably on his own admission didn't work hard enough at Essendon. He has been in Melbourne for 5 years playing at EDFL which is better or equivalent with NEAFL than anything he could have probably played up here.

Tim Peck was on track to make list at Footscray VFL list but for shoulder reconstruction during preseason and has now been in Melbourne for 4 years.

Jordy Grainger was last player off list at Essendon VFL last year and played at Keillor after playing 4 years at Div 3 level.

So can you please tell me or these blokes how this is wrong?

I would argue that some of these blokes careers have stalled at QAFL Level.

A lot more blokes drafted from Redlands or aspley in the past 5 years than Keilor seniors, EDFL footy blocker. I don disagree with your premise that going to play footy in Victoria, SANFL, WAFL is a great experience but if you are any good, far easier to be picked up playing NEAFL footy than be one of hundreds in Victoria. The toughest part is getting on a list, once that is achieved everything else is up to the player. Prior to that it is a bit of a raffle occasionally.

A lot more blokes drafted from Redlands or aspley in the past 5 years than Keilor seniors, EDFL footy blocker. I don disagree with your premise that going to play footy in Victoria, SANFL, WAFL is a great experience but if you are any good, far easier to be picked up playing NEAFL footy than be one of hundreds in Victoria. The toughest part is getting on a list, once that is achieved everything else is up to the player. Prior to that it is a bit of a raffle occasionally.

Smy105 they are playing Keilor Seniors because blocker is good mates with Mick McGuane the keilor coach, an is giving the boys the best opportunity to put there front foot forward while training with a VFL side, as blocker said all 3 of them guys had the opportunity but different circumstances for each one put that to a halt for them, having played against an with all 3 most certainly more than capable as anyone on a list,
Of course there’s more blokes getting drafted from Redlands/Aspley an the NEAFL because QLD footy is getting stronger as a whole. Which is great for QLD AFL

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not throwing a stone just commenting on a player negotiation that was with our club and is leaving for an insane amount of money for any level of footy in QLD.

So I think it is fair to comment if you do know actual facts. Unlike people that get on here and make statements that are unfounded and then hide behind a name.

I was happy to say who I am from early on this forum and I probably respect people who do the same. Other people that hide behind handles and try and make out they know everything that is going on at clubs or in the league are a bit yellow in my opinion.
Where would the saints get that type of money from? There not like broady with pokies. They are small fish on the coast. I'm happy to have a alias cause I will write something stupid which I will have to retract

Smy105 they are playing Keilor Seniors because blocker is good mates with Mick McGuane the keilor coach, an is giving the boys the best opportunity to put there front foot forward while training with a VFL side, as blocker said all 3 of them guys had the opportunity but different circumstances for each one put that to a halt for them, having played against an with all 3 most certainly more than capable as anyone on a list,
Of course there’s more blokes getting drafted from Redlands/Aspley an the NEAFL because QLD footy is getting stronger as a whole. Which is great for QLD AFL

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My point is that playing footy in Melbourne will certainly test you big time and give you a real indication as to where u r at but if you want to get drafted the odds are better staying in Qld as an overager. Certainly I would encourage many a kid to go to Victoria if they feel their opportunity has past here or that they might have been pigeon holed but I think if a 19-22yr old can dominate NEAFL footy then he is a better than even chance of being at least given a preseason her in Qld with the lions or suns. If you can’t get a kick at QAFL level though, not overly sure you will go to the EDFL and go ok although everyone grows up at different rates!

Don't disagree with what you are stating at all SMY. I think it's great we have kids getting drafted from all levels in QLD footy.

I am merely giving kids an opportunity and just get my back up that what I do is wrong. These are kids in most cases that have not even played rep footy or anything just looking for a chance.

If I can provide that I think that is a good thing. If Fan done his research properly he would know Nick Davidson didn't even play for Pirates before I sent him to Melbourne. So it isn't just about playing at my club it's about helping some kids chase their dream.

If you got the contacts why not use them?

I think Keilor have had about 10 players drafted in last 5 years , most as 18 year olds that had played some seniors footy in between TAC Cup. So technically nore have come from there than Redlands I would argue.

But I understand what you mean. But at least scouts watching that level of footy every week. Think Keilor may have had a mature age go this year to Port or West Coast. I may be wrong but I do recall one of the mature age players at draft either at Keilor or was doing preseason at Keilor.

They would be one of the most successful junior clubs in Melbourne for draftees via Calder Cannons I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Keilor have had about 10 players drafted in last 5 years , most as 18 year olds that had played some seniors footy in between TAC Cup. So technically nore have come from there than Redlands I would argue.

But I understand what you mean. But at least scouts watching that level of footy every week. Think Keilor may have had a mature age go this year to Port or West Coast. I may be wrong but I do recall one of the mature age players at draft either at Keilor or was doing preseason at Keilor.

They would be one of the most successful junior clubs in Melbourne for draftees via Calder Cannons I would think.

Yeah maybe on a technicality but I would have thought that not one kid was drafted that didn't play for the Cannons. This si where the kids are drafted from and you would know better than me, but how much senior footy do they play at Keilor (or any other local club in Vic) during their 18th year?
Anyway good on you for at least pushing kids that way. Like to think we have got it better every year in Qld in terms of capacity provided to be drafted and I agree that there is often good kids that fall through the cracks that need that bit of a leg up too.

Blockers been coping it ..good and bad this week..
was going to post what I know blocker does for these players but thought if blocker wants to go through the process that's up to him.
What i will say is once blocker starts working with the player its not just for a few months ...on all occasions its been a 12/15 month process...
as blocker said previously nick Davidson was his first player who wasn't playing at the pirates.
In the past two seasons blocker has had
His contacts look at two players playing qafl at the request of friends/father ...
they have nothing to do with the pirates..
Anyway only a few weeks out and clearances open again and pre seasons kick off....
lets start focusing on 2018 ...
pirates filled with excitement ....top coach.. some good recruits....lot of young talent coming through...
Santa a 100 goal kicking full forward would be nice....

I'd love to know the definition of Park Ridge's player "budget."

Cash or contra, its still player payment.

Rumours of free landscaping, houses being painted and rendered, kitchen upgrades, new carports etc etc

All just rumours, but if any are true - Park Ridge would blow most QAFL clubs out of the water with player payments when 'arrangements' are included

Does it really matter who is paying what? I'm sure most clubs have varying budgets on what they allocate to players. As long as you keep to those commitments I'm sure players will return. Soon as you don't I am sure the footy world finds out.

I don't know for sure but I would expect in all Divs 1,2&3 there would be massive differences on club spending.

I was merely commenting on one player and the amount being paid. If Carrara can commit to that and meet their obligations good on them I say.

Blockers been coping it ..good and bad this week..
was going to post what I know blocker does for these players but thought if blocker wants to go through the process that's up to him.
What i will say is once blocker starts working with the player its not just for a few months ...on all occasions its been a 12/15 month process...
as blocker said previously nick Davidson was his first player who wasn't playing at the pirates.
In the past two seasons blocker has had
His contacts look at two players playing qafl at the request of friends/father ...
they have nothing to do with the pirates..
Anyway only a few weeks out and clearances open again and pre seasons kick off....
lets start focusing on 2018 ...
pirates filled with excitement ....top coach.. some good recruits....lot of young talent coming through...
Santa a 100 goal kicking full forward would be nice....

It seems you guys have struggled kicking goals... who is on the recruitment list for that big 100?

Lachie Harris or Macca from Robina would be nice

What happened to the 6ft bloke and the other smaller forward from the div 3 Comp last year. They would have kicked 10 between them against us on probably both occasions last year and as far as I could remember was up there in the goal kicking too?

What happened to the 6ft bloke and the other smaller forward from the div 3 Comp last year. They would have kicked 10 between them against us on probably both occasions last year and as far as I could remember was up there in the goal kicking too?
Cherry could kick 60-80 goals in a good side, strong hands for mid size. Just needs supply

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back