Media Qooty outside Sweet - The Alterqoot

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment alterqoot_intro.mp4

QOOTY OUTSIDE SWEET​

Episode 1 - Notable Competitions in the Countryside​

While the municipality of Sweet has always benefitted from some level of record-keeping, primarily through the great library of Sweet on Nandrolone Road and the Municipal Council itself, early investigations into the rural regions of Hindealla have also unearthed some interesting details which help to set the scene for wider national history.

Among these tidbits, there are scraps of historical information which suggest the city was not the only place where the age-old sport of Qooty had thrived in bygone times. All around Hindealla, and indeed even over the Great Wall of Toump Ass and into neighbouring Ibarawa, it seems people had been kicking the qooty around in their spare time, entirely disconnected from the swanky suburban competitions which prevailed in the population centre of Sweet.

Hi, I'm Melvyn O Bbenfuhrer. I'm an (below-) average local with a liking for qocal history - especially qooty history. Over the next few or billion posts of researched or manufactured information or dribble, I will attempt to compile what I've found, and present it here, future it there, and drive you to past caring everywhere.

This is the Alterqoot.

Last edited:

SHEA PLAINS FL​

I've been looking through the annals (not like that!) of old Sweet newspapers and come across a few references to old qooty leagues out in the boondocks. I've only scratched my way back a dozen or so seasons ... it would have been Season 23 in Sweet years ... but I've already come across some interesting deets. Tidbits, snippets, moments in history that might just cause all great Sweetian thinkers to question their science.

I'm deliberately not gonna be particularly forthright so that it stays confusing. Then anyone who's vaguely interested for half a moment might stay interested for an entire moment. Perhaps even 2.

Let's start out in the Shea Plains which is the far west of Hindealla (that's the nation Sweet is the chief population centre of). The Sheas Plains lead toward towards the western border of Hindealla, Granica in Ibarawa lies further west. I uncovered records of a competition called the Shea Plains FL, a tight little comp centred around the farming collectives out that way. Shea is the next town over from Rhilpisa, the home of Roys home away from home, Renown Park. That sentence may need to be rehomed, or perhaps even threehomed. ClarkeM has some heritage leading back this direction.

Hang on, getting a text from Coles Online. Oh groceries are here. Ok back now.

Shea Village, the largest centre apparently had a team. Nearby, the centre of the collective which is a sprawling agricultural series of ranges and homesteads, seem to have been their nextdoor rivals. Batalha's Hill to the north were also represented. Heading south-east, the smaller centre of Kudykina, and the construction town of Craighead, each had a team.

The Shea Plains league were operating as far back as (SFA-equiv) S23, and maintained a 5-team competition through to Season 29. In Season 30, the league welcomed Okeala, a rural region further west which had previously apparently been ducking across the border to play qooty v Granica and other Ibarawane centres. A shakeup across the national dotted line freed the Bishops (as their team was nicknamed) to play Hindeallan qootball.

In Season 31, Batalha's Hill had folded, but a new team replaced them, formed from the merger of Deveha and Baron Chevon. Both these towns were located a little south-west, but still within Hindealla, in the Upper Gilsenee region of Langendria. Chevon United, as they were now known, kept the league at 6 teams for a few seasons.

By Season 34 Okeala had folded, and we were back to a 5-team competition. This proved to be a death-knell for the Shea Plains FL, as 2 seasons later the league would go under.

As for the teams, Chevon United moved again, this time to the Tosoba FL (again based over the border in Ibarawa). Kudykina and Craighead survived to relocate to a wider ranging Yuana FL, playing against rural clubs up around the Maprako area. Referentially, while TheGoatBaron has land out in southern Ibarawa around Thropanci, his roots are both steeped and shallowed in the Baron Chevon district.

Shea Village and Shea Collective, for so long fierce (probably) rivals, would now join forces to form the Shea Greens, who since that point have represented the Shea Plains at the highest regional level, the new SOFU competition which came into being in Season 36.

Next ... another piece of the puzzle. Which one? Yeah even I dunno yet. I'll work through it as I go.

Shea Plains FL.png

TINDOO FL​

For the next instalment of my research, I came across some records of qooty down on the south-west coast around the large coastal town of Tindoo, in the region of Langendria. Tindoo is effectively the largest population centre outside Sweet, though not even close in size or population. Tindoo also supports satellite villages such as Tindoo Bridge, Tanoca and Shawmindo, and is the gateway to Ibarawa's South Coast. Reportedly, a lot of Sweet FA pedigree can be traced back to the Tindoo region, including household names such as kenneyswarriors Wosh and the Tigerturbulance family. While these players are now based elsewhere, ancestrally there are links. Like sausages. When sausages are linked. Not when they're not linked. Only when they're linked.

The Tindoo league was essentially a town league with some nearby villages also contributing to the competition. The earliest notes I found, from (SFA-equiv) S23, showed a vibrant healthy comp of 5 teams. Notable among the town teams were both the Barracudas and the Sharks, who shared the main Tindoo ground. Tindoo Bridge, basically an extension of the town across the - you guessed it; the Jackbeard Bridge - was also represented. Further east along the South Coast Hwy the town of Shawmindo also had a team. To round out the five, a minute hamlet north of Tindoo called Dunmilin had a team mostly furnished by more Tindoo players. These 5 clubs would play qooty together until the upheavals began in Season 28.

In Season 28, The Tanoca FL folded, leading Kiranissa and McKenney to merge. They formed Kiranissa-McKenney, representing the borderlands of Langendria region. The other Tanoca FL clubs, Lower Tanoca and Tanoca Valley also joined the Tindoo competitiion. An 8-club league resulted and lasted for 3 seasons before a new club joined from the Upper Gilsenee riding. This team, Stemport Rovers, was formed from a number of clubs who had nowhere to go when their own competition disbanded. While travel times were long for the Rovers, the combined did field a strong team and pushed the townsfolk on many occasions. So much so did they push the townsfolk that the Tindoo phrase "hey stop that" ended up becoming a culturally discriminatory phrase requesting a person "stop being from Stemport". Fair enough too, they are bred to be pricks. nahnah is ruoured to have family in Stemport, who coldly confirms it.

In Season 34 the Dunmilin side went into recess, while the two Tanoca teams (Lower and Valley) merged to form a focal Tanoca FC. The resultant 7 team competiton : Barracudas, Sharks & Bridge, Shawmindo, Kiranissa-McKenney, Stemport and Tanoca continued on until Season 36. At that point, both the Tindoo Barracudas and the Shawmindo team won licences in the nationwide SOFU, and this left the Tindoo league with 5. At this point, with the Tindoo FL being the only competition remaining in the Langendria region, a name change occurred and the Langendria FL has occupied that space since.

We'll look at the mid-south coast area of Hindealla in the next episode.

Tindoo FL.png

LOWER GILSENEE FL​

Halfway along highway between Lirmi and Tindoo lies a pastoral district dotted with sporadic villages which each operate both distinct from, and in collusion with, one another. From West Lirmi and Garn in the east, the South Coast Highway pans out westward encompassing the Normland riding and the towns within, before reaching the ranges holding back Langendria region. Within these flatlands, a number of qooty teams (and indeed a small league) arose.

My research only leads back to (SFA-equiv) S23 so far, but it unearthed a competition accommodating a string of settlements along the highway. West Lirmi itself fielded two teams representing the Bantist Church and the Church of Floginati. Nearby, nestled in the southern limits of the dense Tarkyne Rainforest (named for someone who is equally ... a forest) a woods-ringed ground hosted the Garn Kites. Indeed the genome project did find that Tarkyn_24 can trace his ancestral roots back to either Garn or perhaps a little north at Werido, or maybe from the wild jungle inbetween.

Normland Bridge fielded a team, as did Taghlay (where Headless was known to be connected evolutionarily). And at the other extremity of the district, two teams operated around the mouth of the Gilsenee River.

The Gilsenee Camp team did however, fold up after S26, its players transferring to bolster the nearby Gilsenee River team. A few seasons later (S30 to be precise) Normland Bridge also decided to close its doors, further strengthening Taghlay club. These remaining 5 clubs continued on until the end of Season 35, when the winds of change of swept through rural Hindeallan Qooty.

With the advent of the SOFU, both West Lirmi clubs and the Garn club combined forces, and Garn became the representative entity of all three. Gilsenee River wound up with its players either joining the new combine or transferring to Taghlay. At this point Taghlay was the only club left in the existing competition, so they too sought a new home. Changing name (back?) to Normland felt more representative, and the new Normland team were accepted into the newly formed Lirmi & DFL - who we'll learn about it another instalment.

We'll be heading closer to Sweet next, to the Meckons region, when the Alterqoot returns.

Lower Gilsenee FL.png

MECKONS FA​

The Meckons is a region of Hindealla per the official demarcations, but it's much more than that. The Meckons also describes the band of territory surrounding Sweet municipality, encompassing famed or notorious locales such as Outback Arena, Tittybong and the Expansion National Park. Spotswood in the south-west of Sweet butts up right against the Meckons, as does Mt Buller to the north-west. The Meckons is known in laypersons speak as the rim of grime around the city. It is the cusp between city and country.

It seems, based on research, that there were a couple of competitions in the Meckons for quite some time. Both the Northern Meckons and the Southern Meckons associations had their own history, and I'll try to touch on these a little here.

In Season 23 (SFA equiv) which is as far as I've looked back to date, the Northern Meckons fielded 5 teams in across the rolling fields north-west of Sweet. These teams were Coralie, Kingdom Junction, Outback District, Paisen and Kalrahem. Suited to the middling population density of the region, the league thrived despite being crammed into a generally small parcel of land. tgrs and PMBangers both claim roots going back to Kingdom Junction, while NinjaSwan is a stone's throw from Outback District, in the grassy outskirts of Ashcombe.

At the same time, the Southern Meckons FA also operated, though details are a bit more sketchy. It seems that way back in S23, there were representations from the villages of Tittybong, Fulmina and Spotswood Lake. Though both located more north than south, each of Southback and Bournades also fielded teams in the southern competition.

The parity of two 5-team competitions was disrupted in S25, when Bournades ceased fielding a team. In Season 27, Samolcamp joined the Northern Meckons association, loosing itself from the Snowfields FA of northern Yuana region. Then in Season 28, Ebso Thaase was accepted into the SMFA from the disintegrating Eastern Tarkyne FA. At the same time, Southback successfully applied to switch from the Southern, to the Northern, Meckons competition.

At this point the northern league had 7 teams, and the southern league only 4. The writing was on the wall, and in Season 30 both competitions combined into one larger entity.

The Meckons FA was born with 8 competing teams. These comprised all those from the previous two associations, with the exception of Outback District & Spotswood Lake which had folded, and Ebso Thaase which had been absorbed by the Tittybong team. Tittybong adopted the Thunder nickname in respect of the club they had integrated. The loss of Outback District was blamed largely on the Koalas of Sweet's Suburban FA, who had been angling to build its profile and make a play at returning to the premier competition of the nation.

The new Meckons FA played out just one season before taking further hits. Southback disbanded, and Samolcamp was absorbed by the Kalrahem team.

But since then the competition has been stable, retaining the 6 teams it fielded since Season 31, and losing no clubs to the launch of the SOFU. The Meckons FA continues to this day with Tittybong and Kingdom Junction becoming household names across the nation, and Fulmina brandishing one of the best playing surfaces in Hindealla - yes, even compared to the Sweet FA.

Out final segment for tonight will take us across the border into Ibarawa, but tomorrow's reports should be even more eye-opening. Or closing. probably closing.

Meckons FA.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GRANICA FL​

For this instalment we are actually heading across the border and out of Hindealla. While Qooty seems to have been borrn of an organic construct traced back as far as the source qooty detected under Mt Buller, the game since stretched outside the confines of mere human demarcation and found its way into Ibarawa. This is one of those examples. (there's only two such examples) (until I make more up)

The Granica FL can currently be traced back as far as (SFA equiv) S23, where a 4-team league operated centred around the town of Granica, a borderland village almost within sight of the Hindeallan border. Granica itself fielded a team, and was joined by nearby Muhosransk and the slightly more inboard Sotogar. The fourth team was Okeala, a rural region in adjacent Hindealla not far from Shea Village.

The league operated unchanged until Season 30, at which point the other Ibarawane competition nearby (Temple Plains FA) was wound up. At that point all 4 Temple Plains teams moved into the Granica competition: Temple, Shamba, Membling and Keptin-Erustelo. Keptin-Erustelo was a curious combination, as it consisted of teams combined from both nations. However all games were now played at the Keptin Reserve in Ibarawa. There is no direct evidence that Membling 's heritage is linked to the town of the same name across the border, but considering I can't understand anything they say, it's probably a fair bet.

At the same time, Okeala departed the Granica competition and moved back to its home nation, joining the Shea Plains FL. At this point the league changed name to the Tosoba FL, referencing the broader region where the previous two competitions were based.

This new 7-team association played out 3 seasons before Shamba was absorbed by Membling, leaving just 6 teams. A season later Sotogar would go into recess. But the biggest change would occur two seasons further on, in S36, when Granica was lifted from the competition to compete in the newly formed SOFU.

This might have been a death-knell for the Tosoba FL, however a concerted effort to keep qooty alive in Ibarawa resulted in Sotogar returning from recess, and Baron Chevon being attracted across the border when the Shea Plains FL was disbanded. Heading into Season 38, the Tosoba FL is actually in exemplary health, fielding 6 teams from two nations and shedding the Granica team without a hint of lasting damage.

This is the last of the research notes for tonight. It's time to rest our heads and let all the new information process.

I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2 of the Alterqoot - Qooty Outside Sweet!

Granica FL.png

Accepting suggestions for nicknames for most of these teams :) Only a small few (Maybe about 10) already have nicknames. Can suggest anything - but I'll only choose from those I like.
The Shamba Lambadingdongs.
The Okeala Dokealas.

Hang on, getting a text from Coles Online. Oh groceries are here. Ok back now.
Hope they have finally worked out that these:

1721732871295.png

cannot be considered an adequate substitute for these:

1721732838617.png

Accepting suggestions for nicknames for most of these teams
Wow - big change from when you demanded the Mobbs Medal be named after you!

:whistle:

2/10 for realistic self portrait.

i/10 for surrealism
Drawn of me using paint by a girl who used a photo as a guide, some years ago :D

Anyway, I should put you on the hot seat. If there really was a town called Membling that had a footy/qooty club, what do you think the nickname/mascot would be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Qooty outside Sweet - The Alterqoot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back