Unofficial Preview Qualifying Final, Saturday 7th September 2019, 7.25pm. v Tigers @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most encouraging thing about the open training session this morning is that Bundy is out there and has completed the whole session including all running aspects of the session.✅

1 player doing a little bit of a lighter session that I noticed was Linc. No problems or anything just doing a fair bit of the session on his own.✅
Harris Andrews copped a bit of a stinger on his wrist from a stray ball. Hopefully not anything in it, but he did leave the ground not long after. And has only just come back out for signatures and looks fine, feeewww! ✅

Quite a long session out there but I am assuming they are putting in a big one before getting away from the club for a few days?

do we really?

shows how little you actually know considering we have "won" the free kick count 2/3 times all season

wanna explain to me how most clear free kick of the day (block on Lynch) went uncalled? ....

here, just fyi...

View attachment 735273

Why are you here? This is a place for us to vent and complain. We have moderators, we don't need Tigers fans to mod our board over the next 2 weeks. You can go and indulge yourself on your own board - there is plenty of unintelligent Tigers garbage over there to immerse yourself in.

Most encouraging thing about the open training session this morning is that Bundy is out there and has completed the whole session including all running aspects of the session.✅

1 player doing a little bit of a lighter session that I noticed was Linc. No problems or anything just doing a fair bit of the session on his own.✅
Harris Andrews copped a bit of a stinger on his wrist from a stray ball. Hopefully not anything in it, but he did leave the ground not long after. And has only just come back out for signatures and looks fine, feeewww! ✅

Quite a long session out there but I am assuming they are putting in a big one before getting away from the club for a few days?
Cheers great news about bundy. Don't know who needed a break the most but with Linc playing more than seasons gone by and the way we mAtch up I wonder if Keays could be more effective in this game. I read that he may be on the outer which I would be very disappointed about.

Hope Andrews no damage and good to hear long session with no other niggles. While we probably benefited from the break physically I hope the intensity stays high and we keep building for this one, sure hodge will impart some good leadership with how hawks stayed focused

Good.. good on Browny, all teams have media advocates / supporters that push causes for them, glad we have someone at Fox putting our case forward if that is true. Sounds like BS though.

Not to mention your board member commentating the game ...cant see neale ir zorko playing much better.

Further to this from earlier -
I can’t say that I actually noticed Lachie Neale there at all today, atleast during the training stage. I wasn’t specifically looking for him but I didn’t notice him there.
Maybe someone else can elaborate?

Further to this from earlier -
I can’t say that I actually noticed Lachie Neale there at all today, atleast during the training stage. I wasn’t specifically looking for him but I didn’t notice him there.
Maybe someone else can elaborate?

He is still recovering from leather poisoning apparently.

On a serious note, should be a cracking game and as long as we win I will be wishing the Lions every success in their other finals unless we face each other again.

Should be a belter of a game.

Cant imagine Dimma allowing Neale or Zorko to do as they please or Fagan allowing Dusty to run around on his own.

Would also be suprised to see Charlie and Lynch beaten so badly again.

Cant wait.

I nearly choked when Reiwoldt appealed for a free, asking if the push in the back was legal. Adams put his body on him in a contest (no arms, no hands, no 'push').
I thought "It was a whole lot more legal than kicking campaigners in the back".
What a dumb fu**.
JR can be accused of many things, I enjoyed his toddler stomping against Eagles greatly. However, on the field his IQ may be better than most.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is still recovering from leather poisoning apparently.

On a serious note, should be a cracking game and as long as we win I will be wishing the Lions every success in their other finals unless we face each other again.

Should be a belter of a game.

Cant imagine Dimma allowing Neale or Zorko to do as they please or Fagan allowing Dusty to run around on his own.

Would also be suprised to see Charlie and Lynch beaten so badly again.

Cant wait.

Looking forward to immensely. I haven't seen a team look as structured and well drilled as you Guys did on the weekend, very dangerous in transition. also held us to 50 odd points when we usually go for 90+ most weeks, good all over the ground. Clearly the best team in the league ATM, going to take our absolute best to win at the Gabba.

I doubt we will tag Dusty, we will just have to deal with the damage he does. Not too stressed about Neale getting tagged, it seems to help others lift at times. Grimes (who exploited the umpires ongoing inaction on the illegal holding of Charlie beautifully, full credit to him, expert defender) won't get away with it again, you watch, expect 2-3 shots on goal from Charlie from free-kicks along with his usual over the back game, he loves the Gabba.

I watched the replay last night and we had 6-7 players well down, constant turn overs and fumbling.. we were at about 60%-70% of our best, If we can calm our farm and execute better, it's game on. also, given it was dead rubber for us after half time (with the 63 points out of reach) it's hard to know if we were fully motivated - that;s not a cop out, just a reality, you were far better than us and clearly deserved a win, but it really is hard to know what the outcome is if our season was on the line as opposed to just not wanting to get injured. Looked like some clock watching was going on from where I sat, hard to know though.

same with you Guys, could have pushed the lead to 50 points a coupe of times but just didn't put us away, you have more in the tank too. The theme on your board is it's pretty much locked in win, I wouldn't underestimate us at home personally but confidence is good.

Can't wait. But shitting myself.

Last edited:
JR can be accused of many things, I enjoyed his toddler stomping against Eagles greatly. However, on the field his IQ may be better than most.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's turned into a pretty smart and unselfish forward these days. I am impressed how well he and Lynch have worked together inspite of their limited time on the field at the same time. Not sure I ever saw them spoiling each other when going for the same mark. I see our KPF doing that all the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've posted on opposition boards rarely but when I do it is 99% positive stuff, why you'd go on an opposition board and be critical of them is beyond me, particularly if it goes on for an extended period of time. If you're doing that I seriously think you need to meditate on your life's priorities and where your energy should be directed.

Can't wait for the repeat on Saturday week. Both teams have areas where they can improve and the respective tweaking of game structures/plans will be fascinating to see. Not that I expect too much deviation from what has worked all year for both sides. Lions should benefit from the home crowd support but Tiges won't be too distracted as they've experienced similar before. Each side gets a second crack if they lose, and on their home ground too. Makes the Giants-Dogs game essential viewing but whoever wins that will still come into the next final as underdogs/giants.

Looking forward to immensely. I haven't seen a team look as structured and well drilled as you Guys did on the weekend, very dangerous in transition. also held us to 50 odd points when we usually go for 90+ most weeks, good all over the ground. Clearly the best team in the league ATM, going to take our absolute best to win at the Gabba.

I doubt we will tag Dusty, we will just have to deal with the damage he does. Not too stressed about Neale getting tagged, it seems to help others lift at times. Grimes (who exploited the umpires ongoing inaction on the illegal holding of Charlie beautifully, full credit to him, expert defender) won't get away with it again, you watch, expect 2-3 shots on goal from Charlie from free-kicks along with his usual over the back game, he loves the Gabba.

I watched the replay last night and we had 6-7 players well down, constant turn overs and fumbling.. we were at about 60%-70% of our best, If we can calm our farm and execute better, it's game on. also, given it was dead rubber for us after half time (with the 63 points out of reach) it's hard to know if we were fully motivated - that;s not a cop out, just a reality, you were far better than us and clearly deserved a win, but it really is hard to know what the outcome is if our season was on the line as opposed to just not wanting to get injured. Looked like some clock watching was going on from where I sat, hard to know though.

same with you Guys, could have pushed the lead to 50 points a coupe of times but just didn't put us away, you have more in the tank too. The theme on your board is it's pretty much locked in win, I wouldn't underestimate us at home personally but confidence is good.

Can't wait. But s**tting myself.

Personally I am nervous as hell for this game, but I have been for 2 months haha.

Agree on the Charlie holds but he did plenty of his own and looking to engage with someone like Grimes is a massive mistake for the smaller forwards.

Either way, great for QLD footy!

Can't wait for the repeat on Saturday week. Both teams have areas where they can improve and the respective tweaking of game structures/plans will be fascinating to see. Not that I expect too much deviation from what has worked all year for both sides. Lions should benefit from the home crowd support but Tiges won't be too distracted as they've experienced similar before. Each side gets a second crack if they lose, and on their home ground too. Makes the Giants-Dogs game essential viewing but whoever wins that will still come into the next final as underdogs/giants.
I'm fearful of the Dogs if they get on a roll . Even the Giants will benefit from the break ,getting a few players back .Which is why this week's match is critical for us.

It's a 50/50 game . Don't think the Tigers were full throttle on Saturday either . But the week off will benefit us a lot more than them . We looked a bit tired and really just wanted to get that home final.

Personally I am nervous as hell for this game, but I have been for 2 months haha.

Agree on the Charlie holds but he did plenty of his own and looking to engage with someone like Grimes is a massive mistake for the smaller forwards.

Either way, great for QLD footy!

I agree with this on Charlie. I think the reason the umpires don't blow the whistle is they think he engages and then plays for a free. I think they over corrected on that though, there were some of the most blatant free you'll see on the W/E, I would expect at least a few to be called which will change things.

FWIW I didn't feel generally hard done by on the weekend with the umps, I think we had a real purple patch in the 2nd quarter with a few favorable 50/50''s and probably had the rub of the green overall, just the Charlie one got me.

Cheers for the worthwhile input, love getting an oppo perspective.

I'm fearful of the Dogs if they get on a roll . Even the Giants will benefit from the break ,getting a few players back .Which is why this week's match is critical for us.

It's a 50/50 game . Don't think the Tigers were full throttle on Saturday either . But the week off will benefit us a lot more than them . We looked a bit tired and really just wanted to get that home final.
The rest will benefit Grimesy who looked like he may have been injured for the season in the Eagles game.
Same with Cotchin who only just got back into the team last week,Rioli lifting at the right time and loves the big games like Dusty.

Trembling though,Gabba is gonna roar for the two big cats.

FWIW I didn't feel generally hard done by on the weekend with the umps, I think we had a real purple patch in the 2nd quarter with a few favorable 50/50''s and probably had the rub of the green overall, just the Charlie one got me.
We where up by a lot of frees think 8-9 in the 2nd. Then evened up again later. You know when your up at a break they even up the stats :)

And whats' worse is that now Tom Lynch whines like a wealthy self funded retiree who is told he might lose his tax payer subsidised free cash handout in very much the same self-entitled way that Riewoldt does.
EFA

If that is too topical “squeals like a stuck pig” works.

Now I’m going back into self imposed exile. This thread sucks. Come to the Over 50’s Clique in The Den. We may be old, but we are still with it.

EFA

If that is too topical “squeals like a stuck pig” works.

Now I’m going back into self imposed exile. This thread sucks. Come to the Over 50’s Clique in The Den. We may be old, but we are still with it.

I would like some advice on how to post. The quote that 3KZ was quoting was from Dylan saying that self funded retirees .....

I would like to reply to Dylan's and 3KZ'z post. I see several really interesting post where the poster includes several quotes but I don't know how to do it.

Help an old bloke from Fitzroy. Could someone do a multi quote post and then give click by click advice on how they did it?

I would like some advice on how to post. The quote that 3KZ was quoting was from Dylan saying that self funded retirees .....

I would like to reply to Dylan's and 3KZ'z post. I see several really interesting post where the poster includes several quotes but I don't know how to do it.

Help an old bloke from Fitzroy. Could someone do a multi quote post and then give click by click advice on how they did it?
To change the message, hit reply bottom right, it will add it to your text box. Just change the words between the QUOTE markers. Then after the closing QUOTE marker type your own message.

For the second point you can add multiple posts to yours by choosing quote for each one instead of reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back