Unofficial Preview Qualifying Final, Saturday 7th September 2019, 7.25pm. v Tigers @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are my thoughts too, but I was thinking more like 5-7k might fly up.
But if we ended up with 25k-12k would be a good, worst case outcome

I’m not sure that’s will be the case. Didn’t the tigers get a 15,000 ticket allocation and then post that they had sold out their allocation?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not sure that’s will be the case. Didn’t the tigers get a 15,000 ticket allocation and then post that they had sold out their allocation?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
All depends in the end how many were prepared to pay the $1000 airfares plus accomodation and such?

Swanny said today that the capacity was 38000 so if they have 15000 then that still leaves us with 23000 if all turn up?
So leaves us with a 60/40 split.

Thanks to FFB1 for selling a ticket I made the spur of the moment decision to book myself flights today and will be heading up on Thursday. Never been to a game by myself before but thankfully I should be surrounded by other Lions fans.

Went to the Geelong game a few weeks back and the atmosphere was electric so I can’t wait!

Great to hear! Ouch. They are early flights. I took a gamble and booked flights early for decent times. Decided to stay till Monday just in case my head Hurts Sunday morning... I just want to see us beat Richmond once before I die (Hopefully next century)... I Can't remember the last time we beat them. It would be so so sweet.
Cheers. We are Melbourne storm members as well and they play Friday night at AAMI so going to that before our flight early saturday morning. Double ouch. Bloody hope your head will be hurting.:):thumbsu:

Nice. Haha. Yes I hope my head is hurting too... not to much though. That would be a sign that I won't remember us winning the game!

Some thought on brisbane vs richmond

Anyone else notice Maccathy goes bananas after every break, round one, that game after the bye. Given his injury history it would not surprise me he struggles to keep up the energy for a full year like a first year. However the final is after a bye.

Contested beasts go nuts against richmond its a major reason collingwood smacked them last year in the prelim and fyfe last year got three votes and we lost by ten goals. This means you guys beating them in contested ball is likely to repeat. Its also why bulldogs love playing richmond.

Collingwood beat them in the prelim because they got their forward line to operate which is exceptionally hard with their structure and defense.
People all talk about mason cox's performance but Mathew Lloyd said and i agree with him its was the midfield's kicking to advantage that took the defense apart. Hard to have that sort of kicking if the pressure is right up.

Cant wait, atmosphere will be unbelievable.

I have goosebumps thinking about it....one week out.

We need to be totally and utterly LOUD and proud to get our boys home

I fully expect to be completely hoarse and wasted by full time.

Just like the good old days:footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know any official pubs or bars to watch with other lions fans in Melbourne?
Royal Derby in Brunswick St Fitzroy is official venue cnr.Alexandra Pde..

Let’s hope they’re figuring out where another 10+ points will come from...
View attachment 737510
Not playing Gardiner as the loose man for the first time this year?

I have a coaching conspiracy theory:
  1. Start out trying new things, mixing it up.
  2. Got behind early, 2nd looked in danger so go back to tried and true and stage a big comeback.
  3. Margin assured, ease off late.

Not playing Gardiner as the loose man for the first time this year?

I have a coaching conspiracy theory:
  1. Start out trying new things, mixing it up.
  2. Got behind early, 2nd looked in danger so go back to tried and true and stage a big comeback.
  3. Margin assured, ease off late.
Soooo..... stick with tried and true?

All depends in the end how many were prepared to pay the $1000 airfares plus accomodation and such?

Swanny said today that the capacity was 38000 so if they have 15000 then that still leaves us with 23000 if all turn up?
So leaves us with a 60/40 split.

Wheres the extra 2.5K come from? Geelong came was sold out and had 35.6K there. Already been said verandah not going...

Wheres the extra 2.5K come from? Geelong came was sold out and had 35.6K there. Already been said verandah not going...
I think it’s because a lot of the restricted view tickets don’t get sold by the club, where the AFL do.
So every seat in the house will have bums in them if they all turn up?
There were 35800 at the Geelong game and to look around the stadium at the time I reckon there were 2000 seats free.

I'm still gobsmacked at how Richmond get that many seats.

If it was any other club (excluding Collingwood and maybe a couple of other big Vic clubs) they wouldn’t have sold out their allocation and Lions fans would have had the option to buy those. It’s just bad luck we’re playing a team with 100k members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back