Queensland now an AFL State

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Origin in Brisbane is just another excuse for a piss up, truth br known most people only watch it to stay with the in crowd.

Yeah that's right full on. No-one watches the game, it's just a big get-together on a wednesday night. The TV ratings are horrendous to say the least.

What the hell I'm not a troll - I'm an aussie rules fanatic. I'm sure full on is here for the exact same purpose - to discuss the great game of aussie rules.

What the hell I'm not a troll - I'm an aussie rules fanatic. I'm sure full on is here for the exact same purpose - to discuss the great game of aussie rules.

Mate with discussions of NZ becoming the apart of Australia as a state, maybe its time we pushed our great game into your country.

dugby league is dead in its arse, with record crwods and ratings and even thought Swans barely cracked 100k in their tv ratings, millions will watch WS in the australian football lee:thumbsu:

how is AFL is nz? my mate that went over there said the potential is enormous and will soon be bigger than the All Blacks in 20 years :eek:

my mate that went over there said the potential is enormous and will soon be bigger than the All Blacks in 20 years :eek:

Listen Riff resident, Your mate is ****in with ya. Bigger than the All Blacks LOL. I've heard alot of shit but that just takes the cake if you really believe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate with discussions of NZ becoming the apart of Australia as a state, maybe its time we pushed our great game into your country.

dugby league is dead in its arse, with record crwods and ratings and even thought Swans barely cracked 100k in their tv ratings, millions will watch WS in the australian football lee:thumbsu:

how is AFL is nz? my mate that went over there said the potential is enormous and will soon be bigger than the All Blacks in 20 years :eek:
Mate it is huge over here. I would give it 10 years before it becomes the #1 sport over here.

A couple of rugby league trolls are running rampant on here again, can Mods restrict to Bay 13 or will this attempt at humour continue to flood these serious topics?:rolleyes:

Serious topics....:D

You have a thread title like this one, and its a serious topic??

queensland is not an afl state. it is still dominated by league. having 2 teams playing in the afl doesnt make it an afl state. you just got to look at the papers. league has 5 pages of coverage in courier mail every day. afl is very lucky to even get a peragraph in it

its widening the gap though between itself and rugby union

queensland is not an afl state. it is still dominated by league. having 2 teams playing in the afl doesnt make it an afl state. you just got to look at the papers. league has 5 pages of coverage in courier mail every day. afl is very lucky to even get a peragraph in it

The paper you're getting must have double prints of rugby league and missing the AFL page. On weekends League gets probably 4 pages and AFL gets at the very least 2 pages sometimes 3 and then during the week League gets 2 (3 with the latest league player being arrested) and AFL gets 1.

After living there for 22 years up until 2004 and visiting a number of times each year since. The sports news is still predominantly filled with stories about Thugby League apes.
Like the Brisbane rugby league coach who was caught on CCTV king hitting a bloke outside a bar

Or the Brisbane player charged with glassing a woman

Or even that other brisbane rugby league coach sacked after being caught drink driving

Oh wait...

The paper you're getting must have double prints of rugby league and missing the AFL page. On weekends League gets probably 4 pages and AFL gets at the very least 2 pages sometimes 3 and then during the week League gets 2 (3 with the latest league player being arrested) and AFL gets 1.

last sunday there was 1 story about afl and that was on the bottom of the page. they were right into the league still. they might have had 2 or 3 pages when the lions were winning flags. but they dont have more than 1 page every day or 3 every sunday during the season

Maybe it is because there is currently an international series of rugby league being played in the UK? Whereas there is near enought o **** all happening in AFL currently.

last sunday there was 1 story about afl and that was on the bottom of the page. they were right into the league still. they might have had 2 or 3 pages when the lions were winning flags. but they dont have more than 1 page every day or 3 every sunday during the season

Yes...between October and Feb there is nothing more than 2 stories a week but the recruitment of Fevola and changing the logo has given the Lions the most off-season media attention they've ever had and during the season there is not enough happening with Lions during the week to fill a page every day of the week. Will be interesting to see how much coverage it gets once GC is playing. Tuesdays and Wednesdays there is just about nothing and would be lucky to get half a pge but every other day there is at least a page and 5-6 pages between the Sat/Sun paper and I know this because I used to have a part time job at a newsagent and would read it during my break. As bad as the courier mail is its still better than nothing...although some would argue against that.

WTF has pages got do with it

I lived in QLD 2 years ago for 6 months and AFL ample amount of pages. it just meant a number of pages sports fan up there flick over till they can find the union or other decent sport they actually care about. it might get 5 pages one day but people up in QLD and NSW still wont give a shit about our great game of ANZFL :thumbsdown:

Up until recently I lived in Sydney for 10 years and compared the the NSW printed press AFL gets way more coverage up in QLD. My mates who come up from Vic on holidays even mentioned it. During the season the coverage to is not 100% Lions either with some good articles on other games and teams.

In the AFL give Lions more concessions etc and get them to win more premierships, more brisbane people will jump on the bandwagon and support OUR GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back