Think Tank Questions you need answered

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't doubt it hasn't done good nor that Buffett wouldn't allow it to be wasted. It's just that all that money poured in, yet in the bigger picture hardly a dent has been made in the problem.
It wouldn't be that hard. The UN estimates it would coast $30bn a year to feed all the starving in the world. Even if that estimate is way off, like WAY WAY WAY off, then it is still just a tiny fraction of the 110 Trillion dollars that the top 1% of wager earners in the world have. If we taxed the rich properly, and redirected money from ridiculous wars in the middle east, to fund the necessary irrigation projects and crop planting and harvesting, world hunger could be eliminated pretty easily.

It wouldn't be that hard. The UN estimates it would coast $30bn a year to feed all the starving in the world. Even if that estimate is way off, like WAY WAY WAY off, then it is still just a tiny fraction of the 110 Trillion dollars that the top 1% of wager earners in the world have. If we taxed the rich properly, and redirected money from ridiculous wars in the middle east, to fund the necessary irrigation projects and crop planting and harvesting, world hunger could be eliminated pretty easily.

about 5% of what the worlds nations spend on defense and weapons would eradicate hunger and poverty throughout the world.

Its not just the cold hard cash. Its the system which discriminates. How resources are allocated and priorities. Etc.

An example would be the money and importance allocated to Royal family members just for grooming expenses. About 1 million dollars per year per Royal. Just for grooming.

equity in distribution and access - everything starts there, with the principles of universality and equality.

Sermon endeth

Jazny - serious question - what is your day job and how much of your after tax proceeds do you donate to charity each year?

Rich people in Aus are taxed at 49% currently.

about 5% of what the worlds nations spend on defense and weapons would eradicate hunger and poverty throughout the world.

Its not just the cold hard cash. Its the system which discriminates. How resources are allocated and priorities. Etc.

An example would be the money and importance allocated to Royal family members just for grooming expenses. About 1 million dollars per year per Royal. Just for grooming.

equity in distribution and access - everything starts there, with the principles of universality and equality.

Sermon endeth
Please never stop posting, Hinkley Power :cry::rainbow:

Zac Dawson, Danyle Pearce and The Match Review Panel does not like this

Yeah, but Dawson and Pearce won't get anywhere near the votes.

No wonder they're running out of money.

Shame dental doesn't seem to come under that money too.

Rich people in Aus are taxed at 49% currently.
Don't be silly, that's just for the regular folk. Rich people in Australia pay hardly any tax at all.

Please never stop posting, Hinkley Power :cry::rainbow:

panzy, my last post on BF was posted to you about 47 hours ago. I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't posted a single comment since.

My bags are packed, flights booked, carton of condoms in the hand luggage, copy of the James bible, sunglasses, semtex kit and a pencil.

Yeah, but Dawson and Pearce won't get anywhere near the votes.

No wonder they're running out of money.

Shame dental doesn't seem to come under that money too.

Fluffy,

1 million dollars per Royal per year just for grooming expenses.

You do not want to know what the budget is for medical expenses and security.

I suppose they do work hard in their chosen profession, the Royals really do work up a sweat....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

panzy, my last post on BF was posted to you about 47 hours ago. I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't posted a single comment since.

My bags are packed, flights booked, carton of condoms in the hand luggage, copy of the James bible, sunglasses, semtex kit and a pencil.

Shut up Stinky Bowels

Shut up Stinky Bowels

oh dear, look who has stuck his stinkin Gouda nose into areas that are orders of magnitude beyond his intellectual level.

Well, well, well, well, if it isn't good old Shabby from the UN.

You pickin on Ken when he cant even post replies?

Ya filthy maggot infested weasel carcass

Start packin mate

Start ****ing packin your smelly bags mate.

Don't bother looking for flights mate. Just rock up at the airport and ****ing beg for scraps from the airliners

But that's the thing, what has their $25billion actually bought?

That's also ignoring the issue that just throwing money at it isn't the entire solution, navigating the political landscape within those places isn't exactly a cakewalk.
The Gates foundations work to create sustainable change (economically and environmentally). Not saying they're perfect but at least they're on the right track.

The **** did this thread turn into the SRP board?

Not entirely bad though, odds on I'll be able to ban Bushie if I stick around long enough.

Do it politely or he'll be offering money to anyone who can give him your real name. :drunk:

How come fat robbo can earn more than me and does less "work"?

Can you bring the lulz as you drunkenly mumble on television 4 nights a week?

Also, ever tried misquoting Bombers? It isn't easy. Replicating Robbo's grammatical errors would take a lot of effort.

Extremely cold and flavourless beer, drunk by fat ****s ill educated ****s. The majority of Australian culture is sickening.
inb4pissofftothefestivusthread

I don't drink beer. I'd rather not pay for poor quality water.

Can you bring the lulz as you drunkenly mumble on television 4 nights a week?

Also, ever tried misquoting Bombers? It isn't easy. Replicating Robbo's grammatical errors would take a lot of effort.
I'm sure a slab of crownies and box of smokes will aid me greatly in achieving journalistic nirvana.

I'm going to be rich!!!

Free the refugees. Anyone who is comfortable with our governments asylum seeker policy is a psychopath!! Empathy and love for all human beings.

Tell all the flogs on the Bay this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Questions you need answered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back