Quinten Lynch announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Great story is the stick. A farmer's son and he grew up in the same country WA town that I did. Never got to play against him unfortunately as he was a few years older and moved to the city for footy but always remembered well as the kid from the bush in WA.

Congratulations Quinten and thanks for the years of service at West Coast. Won't forget that 2006 GF, his third goal from outside 50 deep on a flank is what dreams are made of in GF's. Enjoy your retirement and hopefully you can get involved in the WAFL somewhere

4291612-3x2-940x627.jpg

He may get a farewell game, we don't have many left to select.

Excellent career for the Eagles, didn't quite work out for us but got a few decent games in.

Was there ever a time, Eagles fans, where Lynch was a skinny teenager? I genuinely can't recall it. Seems like he's always been a 110kg man mountain from the word go.

No.

I can't link it on this PC but I'm pretty sure highlights from his first game are on youtube. Was against Carlton at Princes Park, wore number 45. I remember when he first started you would hear mutterings 'who/what is that, he's/it's a big unit'. Became a cult hero did Q, and even as a 200 game premiership player he was still referred to as 'the big unit'. I hope he gets a call up for the Pies this weekend, but despite a horror two weeks of injuries he still doesn't really fill a need with Grundy, White and Witts all playing.

No.

I can't link it on this PC but I'm pretty sure highlights from his first game are on youtube. Was against Carlton at Princes Park, wore number 45. I remember when he first started you would hear mutterings 'who/what is that, he's/it's a big unit'. Became a cult hero did Q, and even as a 200 game premiership player he was still referred to as 'the big unit'. I hope he gets a call up for the Pies this weekend, but despite a horror two weeks of injuries he still doesn't really fill a need with Grundy, White and Witts all playing.

Imagine if he played in a collingwood win that booted us out of the finals

No thisnks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if it was his first game but I remember pretty clearly when I was first aware of him.

There was another match on and at half time it cut to some highlights of the Eagles match at Subi. This monster kid flushed a couple of monster goals. I mean he absolutely kicked the bladder out of the thing. Cut back to the half time coverage and they were "wtf was that?".

The highlight for me was when he tried to blame his clumsiness to escape a suspension.

AFL Tribunal‏@AFLTribunal
Lynch says "it does look clumsy, but that's me as a person".

Well done Q, you big useless gorilla.

Gorilla? Well quite possibly...
Lynchquatch.jpg

Useless? Far from it

Was a booming kick, had a decent set of hands after a rocky start to his career, decent leap and the most under rated aspect was his ability to run all day. We wouldn't have won the '06 flag without him, but i'm sure you are well aware of that one ;)

The highlight for me was when he tried to blame his clumsiness to escape a suspension.

AFL Tribunal‏@AFLTribunal
Lynch says "it does look clumsy, but that's me as a person".
Was that when someone on our board made the multi-frame shot to show Lynchy was off the ground before he cannoned into the North players back? And then it got used somehow in the actual defence. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinten Lynch announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back