Toast Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Its great the QN has stepped it up this season, shame he didn't make the team this week but with Duncan and Danger coming in that's pretty tough luck as Scott said. Its a great problem to have, I just hope we can retain him at end of season as looks at home in midfield now.
Worst case his form so far this year has probably doubled his trade value :/

Its great the QN has stepped it up this season, shame he didn't make the team this week but with Duncan and Danger coming in that's pretty tough luck as Scott said. Its a great problem to have, I just hope we can retain him at end of season as looks at home in midfield now.
Worst case his form so far this year has probably doubled his trade value :/
It’s not tough luck at all. It’s an abomination. we need an investigation into the MC.

I wonder how they select the team? If there is consternation over one player over another does it go to a vote or does Scott just get his way?

With someone like Kolodjashnij it's often been reported that he's one of the first picked by Scarlett every week

Extrapolating that out, it gives the impression that the line coaches - Scarlett with the defenders, Enright with the forwards and Knights (?) with the midfield group, do get a good level of say when it comes to team selection and their line area

I'd think that would be particular true for the bookends as you'd hope those guys have been planning for and working with the players on matchups, tactics etc, and if Scott then came in and overruled those plans it probably wouldn't be too helpful

As things get tight and less spots in the 22 are available, it would be interesting to know how they work out those last few players and is there an element of versatility which shifts the decision one way or another

He just had a week off and he's far from limping through games right now...his form is excellent...
He addresses the "resting" option in his presser...suggest you listen to it..
That's when you should rest older players.

We completely ****ed that up with Ablett in his last couple of years and I am confident we will do it to Selwood too. Should already have had an extra week off somewhere in there.

We completely f’ed that up with Ablett in his last couple of years and I am confident we will do it to Selwood too. Should already have had an extra week off somewhere in there.
So we should rest older players when they've just had a rest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We completely f’ed that up with Ablett in his last couple of years and I am confident we will do it to Selwood too. Should already have had an extra week off somewhere in there.
Not sure the extra rest would have gotten us any more out of GAJ. It was his time

Narkle and possibly Clark walking was always going to be a heightened risk once they recruited Higgins and Smith and also had to resign Cuthrie this year (to commit a big pile of cash for that).

MC have consistently showed preference for preferred 22 structure but geez it is an ‘all or nothing’ gamble - with no high ND picks this year and Selwood and possibly Duncan on point of retirement and Dangerfield starting to lose resilience. Payoff for such risky play has to be a premiership- anything less is a failure.

Last edited:
Loving the misinformed outrage.

Issue for Narkle is he is really good at one thing and trash at everything else. Now when you have a Brownlow winner, Duncan, Guth who is in AA form who can play that role they easily get the spot over him.

Great learning time for him, he needs to improve in other areas. Tackles are lacking, fwd presence etc.

Improve in these areas and he get a starting 22 gig but he is gonna have the same issues in WA unless Cerra leaves as both teams have strong players in their mids and questionable if you start Narkle over them.

Love the kid, hope he takes this week as a real kick to improve on these areas.

Seriously don’t think O’Connor is a walk up start either.

What planet do you live on, guy is a very underrated defender. Honestly I reckon he be pushing for AA next yer with a non injured season.

Very very good, can't afford to not have him start.

Clark has a similar issue as Narkle, isn't good enough elsewhere to warrent a start and we have Bews, O'Connor and Stewart. Stewie is a lock, O'Connor is also a lock and you have to beat out a bigger stronger Bews when Clark struggles with physicality.

Or maybe it's similar to Kersten & Hamling - both leave their respective clubs at the same time to head to a third club

Just a question of which team would want both & be willing to pay for them

Freo surely.

I’m mainly disappointed as I like watching him move, he’s a smooth mover, and he doesn’t often fumble. And it’s a personal thing but I like to have a healthy chunk of players that we’ve been able to draft and develop from the beginning (u18). The clearest modern examples are Mitch Duncan & Cam Guthrie, and more recently Parfitt. Cam Guthrie was under the pump from supporters for a very long time but obviously was loved by the coaches so they kept backing him in.

We’re never quite sure what is happening behind the scenes with application. As long as that part is all good there’s a few in our team that are probably more “accomplished” like Higgins and Menegola but I’d rather watch Narkle than them. Not the same role but throw in Rohan also.

Big mistake other teams have made this year is bringing players in off the back of 4+ week recoveries, and they either struggle and waste a spot in the team or get reinjured. Staggered you would make this many changes before a fellow finals contender and drop someone in form.

O'Connor wasn't exactly dominating when he got injured, the opponents he was tagging were getting a lot of it and our midfield form improved significantly without a tagger in it.

Big mistake other teams have made this year is bringing players in off the back of 4+ week recoveries, and they either struggle and waste a spot in the team or get reinjured. Staggered you would make this many changes before a fellow finals contender and drop someone in form.

O'Connor wasn't exactly dominating when he got injured, the opponents he was tagging were getting a lot of it and our midfield form improved significantly without a tagger in it.

O'Connor is a lot more than just a tagger..definite best 22 IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back