R11: Port v Carlton review

Remove this Banner Ad

Im gonna calm down before I write this one.

Here it is:

I dont know what to write to be honest. You could deal with that once, maybe twice....but this shit just keeps on happening over and over and ____ing over again.

Im extremely angry, im dissapointed, im shattered. I feel sick in the stomach. I feel like I should be in tears. How the ____ can we keep doing this over and over? AND AT HOME?

At the moment our football club deserves all the abuse and laughter headed our way. We deserved to be mocked. What come back do we have?

Is it choking? I dont know if its choking. Its more like complete mental and physical capitulation. Its the second time this year where we have pretty much been all over a team for 80% of the first three quarters and been completely unable to get the ball anywhere near our forward lines in the last quarter. Our centre square were smashed to pieces. I dont blame the defence. The likes of Chaplin, Carlile and Pettigrew ran themselves to exhaustion trying to make contest after contest as the ball came into our forward line like it was WWII all over agian. They did as best as they could with the situation handed to them by our crumbling midfield division. The one exception was Thurstans, who yet again, was shown to be the crab that he has become. With the other three talls spoiling as much as they could, Toby was nowhere near Kruezer in that last quarter. Not even close to him. I really couldnt be ____ed driving down for games if this crab plays another game for our club.

Our fitness just has to be an issue and the clown that left us has a lot to answer for. In 05 our fitness was a disgrace. In 06 it was worse. This year its gone back to that level again. He was with us for three and a bit years and we are considerably worse off than weve ever been.

The signs were on the wall in each of the three quarters. Had Carlton kicked straight it would have been a different story in the first half. The fact in 20 minutes they kicked over double the goals they did in the previous 60 leaves me speechless.

Enough of the bullshit from our coaching staff and players. It is plainly obvious we have serious mental virus affecting our playing group. Where does it stem from? Weve always seemed to crumble under pressure so it is an extension from that? Or is it the disgraceful Grand Final result that has pushed our players into their mental shell? Its not just being overrun by a better side in a tight game...its complete mental capitulation when the contest should be over. Why are our players so susceptible to opposition momentum?

Even though Carlton had kicked two or three goals to get back into it when Stewart went off, the turning point of the match came after that. Gray really should have goaled that shot but it was Salopek on the 50...as others have mentioned that completely changed the shape of the match. The thing that I was screaming relentlessly at was the fact we had Tredrea one out and Westhoff alone in the goalsquare. Why the ____ would you kick across goal to an unfavourable 2 on 1 contest? They went down straight away and goaled and that was the game. As soon as that happened we were shot.

We have a whole bunch of supposed big name players but where the hell were they when it counted? Chad played just about the most pointless game of football hes ever played. He was nowhere to be seen. Kane was thrashed in that last quarter. Dom was thrashed. Tredrea was nowhere. Motlop couldnt get near it.

Put Thomas back in. Give ____ing Lower a goddamn chance...someone that can play a shutdown role, a big body, a disposal accumulator....give the kid a bloody chance...AND GET THOMSON - SOMEONE THAT CAN ACTUALLY WIN THE FOOTBALL INTO THE SIDE.

In all honestly, Mark has a lot to answer for. Enough of the protection of the players. Enough of diverting the media away from it. Enough of the bullshit 'best losing team ever' garbage. Swallow your ____ing pride, stand up, be accountable, get rid of the crabs that continuously let us down in these situations and let it be known. Enough of the protection. If I hear Mark or any players mollycoddle or try and divert attention from our choking this week then ill ____ing vomit. IT ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR FOOTBALL CLUB. If you cant change this, if youve had enough of coaching our club, if you dont have the hunger anymore then for godsake step aside and give someone a go thats willing to make the hard calls, because its becoming obvious that you arent willing to.

Make a ____ing stand.

I swear I'll have a heart attack by the time I'm 30 if i keep following Port.

We were ____ing useless, disgraceful and have not a single chance in the world of making the 8 from here.

were over rated - last year we played above ourselves.

we believe our own publicity

a pathetic last quarter - we dont deserve finals

we could have another 100 point thrashing if we ever made it

lets look at some fringe players such as cockshell lower etc to see if they are worth keeping

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least you don't choke as often, St Kilda play well for about a quarter and then get beaten, we play awesome for three but then get killed by Carlton of all teams

Can of worms opened here mate. Expect a tirade from a couple of ________s who continue to hide their heads in the sand.

Meh, the press conference will be another 'i told them not to lose and they did, damn players'. Then the same players will get selected again, and turn in the same performances, and somehow it will still be the playing groups fault.

I was watching it on Pay, and was interested when they crossed to Williams when there was still around 5mins to go, carlton were obviously dominating, and he just seemed to look like he was expecting the inevitable. Now, I know you only see the cross for a while, but they crossed to Ratten and he looked up and about, whereas Williams looked downcast.

(This is nota troll)

Any word on how Stewart is, that was ____ing awful

Regardless of teams to see that happen. Radio said he has been rushed to hospital, heres hoping he is ok

Possible Problems.

A) Coaching problems.
B) Lazy and Slack (thought we would of learned from the Brissy game, obviously not)
C) Lack of Fitness (Can only play decent footy for 3 quarters).

Francou has said it time and time again recently, but our senior players fail to stand up.

And as much as we all love them, the likes of Chad, Tredders, Lade, Wilson and Cassisi have let us down on a night like tonight, and they have done it before.

Unfortunately our young kids are learning from a group of senior players who don't stand up when we need them to.

(This is nota troll)

Any word on how Stewart is, that was ____ing awful

Regardless of teams to see that happen. Radio said he has been rushed to hospital, heres hoping he is ok

what happened to stewart?

C) Lack of Fitness (Can only play decent footy for 3 quarters).

But "our times are the best they've ever been":rolleyes:

Tredders and co. won't let anyone get the word "fitness" out before jumping down their throats.

It's mental and physical stamina. And we lack both. We also lack hardness at the contest something chronic. Yet certain players have not been developed to fill the void of lacking inside players.

Remove this Banner Ad

R11: Port v Carlton review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back