Preview R11 St Kilda v Demons (Etihad)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure there's enough guys who will definitely be on the side 2018 for my liking.. Yes we need a good balance but if we win a close one, and lets say 4 or 5 out of the best 6 or 7 were the older blokes, it'd be hard to feel too excited..
Dunstan, Acres, Billings, Lonie, Webster, Bruce, Roberton, McCartin, Bruce, Goddard, Longer, Steven, Newnes, McKenzie, Hickey, Delaney, Eli, Murdoch, Membrey, Meatball, Ross, Savage, Weller.

Obviously they won't all make it but I'm pretty confident that the whole list above has the potential to make it.

Add 5-6 quality youngsters in the next few years + FA we are well primed to move back into premiership contention.

Dunstan, Acres, Billings, Lonie, Webster, Bruce, Roberton, McCartin, Bruce, Goddard, Longer, Steven, Newnes, McKenzie, Hickey, Delaney, Eli, Murdoch, Membrey, Meatball, Ross, Savage, Weller.

Obviously they won't all make it but I'm pretty confident that the whole list above has the potential to make it.

Add 5-6 quality youngsters in the next few years + FA we are well primed to move back into premiership contention.
You missed my point. I was referring to this particular game and the selected side. More older guys than we've probably had all year, if we win a close one and riewoldt, joey, dempster, ray etc are all the best players it won't give as good a guide as to how we are tracking.. Wasn't questioning the list potential

You missed my point. I was referring to this particular game and the selected side. More older guys than we've probably had all year, if we win a close one and riewoldt, joey, dempster, ray etc are all the best players it won't give as good a guide as to how we are tracking.. Wasn't questioning the list potential
We had the same amount of "older" guys last week with just 30 yr old Schneids being replaced by 28 yr old Gilbo this week..

And 25 year old Shenton out.

@AFL_PKeane: AFL advises Dylan Roberton (foot) has withdrawn from StK team v Melb tmrw.
Cam Shenton into 22.
Tom Curren added to emergency players.

Why Shenton over Dmack...

Roberton, Sinclair, Schneider and Billings all in form players going out.. Demons probably win tomorrow

@AFL_PKeane: AFL advises Dylan Roberton (foot) has withdrawn from StK team v Melb tmrw.
Cam Shenton into 22.

Roberton, Sinclair, Schneider and Billings all in form players going out.. Demons probably win tomorrow

Shenton and Dmac play different positions?

Cam Shenton into 22.

Totally.

That is weird considering Robbo has been playing wing 90% of the time & I'd have thought DMac would def be better suited to wing than Cam.... o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Melbourne hack on their board saying how they've got all these unavailable players and we've only got Fisher.

Let's forget best 22 Schneider, Sinclair, Billings and Roberton are unavailable.

His listed Melbourne players: Petracca, Frost, Kennedy-Harris, Dawes and Trengove lol..

Suggest many of us are starting to question the value of keeping x older experienced player in rather than getting games into one of our talented newbs.

Reality is there are now newbs on our list like Sinks for example who are space and time creators with quick reflexes and clean disposal. We all know however there are also older players who have some good traits but are often indecisive, don't take the first option, lose time and invariably get themselves into trouble with poor disposal under pressure and turnovers result. All of which was their own doing but in the end cost us goals if in the backline or at least a turnover further up the field.

Our questioning who to play tells me that we're turning the ship quicker than many of us expected which is a good thing as long as we don't start destroying young developing players bodies like we did through GT's time.

Not sure there's enough guys who will definitely be on the side 2018 for my liking.. Yes we need a good balance but if we win a close one, and lets say 4 or 5 out of the best 6 or 7 were the older blokes, it'd be hard to feel too excited..
Agree, really need to win this one, because about half our side on Sunday won't be in our best 22 in 2020. It's disappointing but it's been happening for a while but probably not as much as this.

We grab a 4th win, and go into the bye with a reasonable record.

It's a tough tough slog after the bye, and I#d assume there'd be a number of opportunities for both seniors and youngers to prove their place. But this is a game with no consequences to going out there with the best team available and simply trying to smash.

That's now tipping the balance between good kicks and average ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back