Preview R11 St Kilda v Demons (Etihad)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Paul Roos been sacked yet - anybody who tries to turn Jeremy Howe into a hbf doesn't deserve a job.

Saints by 22 points, 8 different goal kickers with Membrey and the Minch getting two each

We both know he isn't the future.

Play D-Mac instead IMHO.

To continue from that logic we shouldn't be playing Ray, Gilbert, Dempster, Fisher etc cause they aren't the future either. There is benefit to be gained from forcing kids to compete for selection and allowing them time to develop in the VFL.

Playing kids before they are ready is a worse decision than playing someone like Shenton for a few years.

We both know he isn't the future.

Play D-Mac instead IMHO.

We don't know he isn't the future, he might still improve. He has played about 20 games of senior footy. D Mac might end up going nowhere still. Shenton has some good traits but needs to get rid of the ball a bit quicker and make better decisions under pressure. It's possible those things start to click in more. last year he was better as he didn't have to mind a player and could run and unload the ball. This year he's playing a more accountable game and looks more pressured. I hope Shenton can make it still and hope Dan Mac gets there too. It's crazy how people think it's okay to bag him at any opportunity. He's being selected because the club believes he is the best option. If he gets over taken by someone better great but why not wait and see. It very disrespectful. I would encourage people to get to some club events, meeting these guys gives you some idea of them as people and most are very nice young guys going flat out to make it as AFL players. Shenton is a quiet guy who just does his thing, he's actually like a peaceful hippy type so I wouldn't suggest going to say what you think of him to his face because he'd probably just smile. Maybe imagine if you would say it to his dads face.

To continue from that logic we shouldn't be playing Ray, Gilbert, Dempster, Fisher etc cause they aren't the future either. There is benefit to be gained from forcing kids to compete for selection and allowing them time to develop in the VFL.

Playing kids before they are ready is a worse decision than playing someone like Shenton for a few years.
What experience has Cameron been through? unlike him, Chips, Ray, Gilbert etc have actually played in finals/grand finals & can actually be beneficial to our team.

I don't know what Cam brings to the table? He can rebound at times, when his not turning it over & his defensive aspect needs improving pronto, look what Gunstan did last week.

Rant over.

Go you mighty Saints!

Last edited:
I don't know what Cam brings to the table? He can rebound at times, when his not turning it over & his defensive aspect needs improving pronto, look what Gunstan did last week.

If Shenton is so bad and people think hes competing for a spot with Dmac then what does that say about Dmac if he can't get into the team?

As if Dmac would have been any better on Gunstan last week.

If Shenton is so bad and people think hes competing for a spot with Dmac then what does that say about Dmac if he can't get into the team?

As if Dmac would have been any better on Gunstan last week.

Agree, he tore up grand finals where the defence is as tight as it ever gets. He kicked 4 in 2013 and was runner up Norm Smith medalist so he's no slouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasnt Shenton a big part of Norwood's success under Nathan Bassett?

He might not be the best AFL player but I have no doubt he has more potential than a few people give him credit for.

He will be a better than solid depth option for the next 2-6 years. As Goddard and Lee develop they will push him back out.

Wasnt Shenton a big part of Norwood's success under Nathan Bassett?

He might not be the best AFL player but I have no doubt he has more potential than a few people give him credit for.

He will be a better than solid depth option for the next 2-6 years. As Goddard and Lee develop they will push him back out.
Aren't shenton and goddard totally different players?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Aren't shenton and goddard totally different players?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Just went with the first 2 defenders off the top of my head.

Shouldve gone with DMac and Aaron Francis ;)

Shenton is a good defender, so long as he isn't the one doing the rebounding than I'm happy. Let's look at the positives because we've all done the negatives to death; he's quite fast, he's quite agile, when given a correct match-up he rarely loses his man or lets them get space. He'll hopefully largely shut someone out of the game and then leave it to Gilbert, Savage, Webster or Newnes as the players to take the kicks around the half-back/wing areas and he can focus on the contested stuff.

Shenton is never going to be Dane Rampe or Andrew Mackie or some other winger/half-back with great kicking skills on top of a good defence game, so long as he plays within his limits he'll be a solid player for a while.

Does Shenton coming in for Roberton automatically translate into a starting spot? I would have thought an emergency would have gone in and Shenton would be the new emergency.

EDIT: Nope. Shenton is in the 22.

Last edited:
Shenton hate is stupid. Good defender, good team player, not great with the ball.

Shenton and Roberton similar heights.

DMac is a totally different player.

Shenton has been good for weeks but this board jumps on any mistake he makes but never makes comments about the "guys for the future".

Think tomorrow will be close. Actually think we are in for a nervous game - will be close.

Dees have had a similar season to us. Few fantastic wins, few gallant losses and a couple of stinkers.

Important we are good at the contest tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back