Preview R11 St Kilda v Demons (Etihad)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shenton hate is stupid. Good defender, good team player, not great with the ball.
Can't agree.

My assessment is: Serviceable defender, solid team player, almost certain turnover.

Shents hasn't played that many games so you can't make a call on him for certain but IMO so far he has been fairly average at best.

Shentons doing OK and UNTIL someone starts doing better than him, leave him in the team.

Given than forwards like Billings/Lonie/Membrey seem to get a huge rap from everyone (for 7, 7 & 4 goals respectively) - you'd think that kicking 4 goals hbf with the best conversion rate in our team would indicate he gets to good spots.

Roberton is a big loss. Has been consistently among our best down back/on the wing this year.

100% agree. IMO he was our best last week and his subsequent withdrawal explains why he was on the bench in the first place. Another good kicker out of the side.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know who was good in the day in the Shenton role? Brett Voss. Underrated as hell

I agree and I loved Vossy although I reckon he was a different player. Brilliant in the air for his size and a beautiful kick but not a dasher like Shenton who grabs it and runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From this article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/inside-the-st-kilda-inner-sanctum/story-fnp04d70-1227396319552 (google search the name to read it all)

“They will want to get us in an arm wrestle, they’ll want to be accountable around the stoppages,” Sexton says. “Three weeks ago they played wings on wings and they haven’t done that since, but they’ve got that in their armoury. They’re ranked No.2 for pressure, ranked No.2 for secondary stoppages — they want us in an arm wrestle.’

If we are ranked number 1 for pressure and the Dees are ranked 2 then I expect this to be a very,very hot game of footy.

We've had a tendency to be a bit weak in the clearance and contested ball at times this year so if we do that again today it could hurt us.

I think it could be a really close game today. Hopefully both teams turn up and put on a good show.

Shenton hate is stupid. Good defender, good team player, not great with the ball.

Shenton and Roberton similar heights.

DMac is a totally different player.

Shenton has been good for weeks but this board jumps on any mistake he makes but never makes comments about the "guys for the future".

Think tomorrow will be close. Actually think we are in for a nervous game - will be close.

Dees have had a similar season to us. Few fantastic wins, few gallant losses and a couple of stinkers.

Important we are good at the contest tomorrow.
:p:p:p:p:p

Have to laugh, even when Shenton gets dropped he still finds a way to get back into the team with late withdrawals.

I don't mind him though, he always has a crack and is better skilled than some people here give him credit for, plus he can play a few different roles for us.

Although I thought it might have been a good opportunity to give Goddard a run, especially with us playing a younger side like Melbourne.

We're not going to learn a hell of a lot by giving Shenton another game while Goddard is still an unknown quantity at AFL level.

Just looking forward to seeing Shents sprint at the oncoming player and then kick the ball as high as he can, straight out on the full. Will be a true highlight of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Shenton is as bad as people carry on about then surely our coach is incompetent for continuing to pick a guy that just isn't up to afl standard.
Can't agree.

My assessment is: Serviceable defender, solid team player, almost certain turnover.

Shents hasn't played that many games so you can't make a call on him for certain but IMO so far he has been fairly average at best.

Almost certain turnover? So what is his kicking efficiency this year? 10%? 20?

I thought OCD was "Overdue Cameron Delisting"

Anyway enough Shenton talk he'll do his thing and might have some moments but as long as we compete and make a go of it today I'm happy

Soooo just on everybody else, despite all the outs we should still have enough. This is my concern:

Gilbert
Weller
Ray
Armo
Steven
Geary
Dempster
Shenton
Delaney

What do they all have in common. I could probably go on too.

From this article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/inside-the-st-kilda-inner-sanctum/story-fnp04d70-1227396319552 (google search the name to read it all)

If we are ranked number 1 for pressure and the Dees are ranked 2 then I expect this to be a very,very hot game of footy.

We've had a tendency to be a bit weak in the clearance and contested ball at times this year so if we do that again today it could hurt us.

I think it could be a really close game today. Hopefully both teams turn up and put on a good show.
Do we really like being the 1 ranked pressure team? In one aspect it is a good thing but on the other does it mean we are applying pressure without making tackles. I woukd almost rather be the doggies who were leading the tackle count earlier in the year (no idea who is now).. and on the other hand i dont think stats mean much when freo has one of the lowest tackle counts for the year :/

Soooo just on everybody else, despite all the outs we should still have enough. This is my concern:

Gilbert
Weller
Ray
Armo
Steven
Geary
Dempster
Shenton
Delaney

What do they all have in common. I could probably go on too.

The Warriors have the "Splash brothers", do we have "Butcher brothers"?

The Warriors have the "Splash brothers", do we have "Butcher brothers"?
Butcher army I reckon! Shouldn't have any problem getting the ball though which is a start. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back