Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Will Daniel Curtin come into the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You are seriously misguided if you think anyone on here doesn’t want us to have success.
facepalm.jpg

Its like none of you have ever met another human. Given this is an internet forum I guess there's a possibility you are all basement dwelling computer geeks, so....

Anyway, despite my thoughts this should just be intuitive to everyone, I'll try and explain it to you.

Ok, so all humans have these things called beliefs.

Some people on here hold a belief that Nicks is a shit coach for example.

Humans love having their beliefs """""confirmed"""""".

Do you think when we were going poorly early in the year that some people weren't somewhat happy/impressed/satisfied that their beliefs were being confirmed??? You might try to argue no, that its instead frustration rather than glee, but if that's your position I'll have to agree to disagree. I think I could find a celebratory post or two that Nicks might be sacked when we were going bad.

So yes, an element of this board will be happy about the success but at the same time they'll also be somewhat unhappy/unimpressed/dissatisfied if the success occurs under conditions that contradicts their beliefs. Or you could say not as happy as if the success occurred under a new coach, for example. You can see this going on in the last day on this board. Some people that have shat on Keays for ages, are happy with his improved form, but not as happy as the people that have never shat on him. Some people post complaints that the win last night means Nicks might stay coach. These people are not as happy as the ones who don't care or that haven't made up their mind on the coach or that like the coach.

If you consider an AFL club to have four major parts, the coaches, the players, the admin and the supporters, then its amazing with the people that think our coach/es are shit, also have a massive overlap with thinking a range of the players are shit, the admin is shit and the supporters are shit. Check their posting if you don't believe me.

Any thing going good for the club is somewhat a threat to these beliefs.

The things I posted about in the post you replied to list a range of positive things for the club.

Things which will antagonise the "negative beliefs-ers".

All animals are created equal but some are more equal than others. All people are happy about success but some are more happy than others.

Hope that clears it up.

facepalm.jpg

Its like none of you have ever met another human. Given this is an internet forum I guess there's a possibility you are all basement dwelling computer geeks, so....

Anyway, despite my thoughts this should just be intuitive to everyone, I'll try and explain it to you.

Do you think when we were going poorly early in the year that some people weren't somewhat happy/impressed/satisfied that their beliefs were being confirmed??? You might try to argue no, that its instead frustration rather than glee, but if that's your position I'll have to agree to disagree. I think I could find a celebratory post or two that Nicks might be sacked when we were going bad.

So yes, an element of this board will be happy about the success but at the same time they'll also be somewhat unhappy/unimpressed/dissatisfied if the success occurs under conditions that contradicts their beliefs. Or you could say not as happy as if the success occurred under a new coach, for example. You can see this going on in the last day on this board. Some people that have shat on Keays for ages, are happy with his improved form, but not as happy as the people that have never shat on him. Some people post complaints that the win last night means Nicks might stay coach. These people are not as happy as the ones who don't care or that haven't made up their mind on the coach or that like the coach.

If you consider an AFL club to have four major parts, the coaches, the players, the admin and the supporters, then its amazing with the people that think our coach/es are shit, also have a massive overlap with thinking a range of the players are shit, the admin is shit and the supporters are shit. Check their posting if you don't believe me.

The things I posted about in the post you replied to list a range of positive things for the club.

All animals are created equal but some are more equal than others. All people are happy about success but some are more happy than others.

Hope that clears it up.

Even ChatGPT and Wayne would be embarrassed reading this

There’s a few no brainers this week, Ryan coming in for Smith being one. Surely he’s just being played out of sympathy now.

Borlase obviously- he’s stepped up every time - but if Worrell’s not ready don’t think Hawks have the height that we’d need to play Himmelberg down back.

Curtin I imagine is a sure thing, even without injuries, if your top 10 draft pick is BOG two weeks in a row, you absolutely bring him into the side. Maybe the Bombers gave our coaching team some hints with their tall wingman…

Thought Bond was ok, 2nd game against one of this season’s top mids, Merrett got plenty of ball but didn’t slice through us like normal. Ginnivan next week feels a natural match up for him.

In: Walker, Curtin, Ryan, Borlase, Jones, Worrell (hopefully)

Out: Murray, Dawson, Butts (inj) Smith Murphy, Himmelberg

Laird Borlase Worrell
Bond Keane Nankervis
Curtin Taylor Hinge
Keays Fogarty Dowling
Rachele Walker Thilthorpe

O’Brien Michalanney Soligo

Cook Ryan Sholl Berry

Sub: Jones

There’s a few no brainers this week, Ryan coming in for Smith being one. Surely he’s just being played out of sympathy now.

Borlase obviously- he’s stepped up every time - but if Worrell’s not ready don’t think Hawks have the height that we’d need to play Himmelberg down back.

Curtin I imagine is a sure thing, even without injuries, if your top 10 draft pick is BOG two weeks in a row, you absolutely bring him into the side. Maybe the Bombers gave our coaching team some hints with their tall wingman…

Thought Bond was ok, 2nd game against one of this season’s top mids, Merrett got plenty of ball but didn’t slice through us like normal. Ginnivan next week feels a natural match up for him.

Laird Borlase Worrell
Bond Keane Nankervis
Curtin Taylor Hinge
Keays Fogarty Dowling

Cook Ryan Sholl Berry

The numbers say Merrett had a great game but to my eye I didn’t think he was that prolific.

Nevertheless, Bond was picked as a small lockdown defender and did that well against Higgins, couldn’t drop him without giving him another go in that role. Particularly against a side that has multiple dangerous small forward options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird Borlase Worrell
Bond Keane Nankervis
Curtin Taylor Hinge
Keays Fogarty Dowling

Cook Ryan Sholl Berry

put curtin straight into the guts.

laird borlase worrell
hinge keane michalanney
sholl curtin cook
keays fogarty taylor
rachele thilthorpe walker

obrien soligo berry

nankervis, ryan, dowling, bond

The numbers say Merrett had a great game but to my eye I didn’t think he was that prolific.

Nevertheless, Bond was picked as a small lockdown defender and did that well against Higgins, couldn’t drop him without giving him another go in that role. Particularly against a side that has multiple dangerous small forward options.
Numbers never say anyone had a great game!
However, I agree totally. Bond was on him for the first half, where he was basically anonymous. Then, Bond got taken off him: why? Even when Merrett became visible in the second half, he was more of an accumulator, without anywhwere near his normal impact.

facepalm.jpg

Hope that clears it up.
Clears nothing up, it’s one of the most strangest responses I’ve seen.
Everyone on here wants a flag.
Nicks does nothing for me, but I’d like nothing more than seeing him hold up the cup with Dawson and everyone else here would as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Back