Game Day R21: Geelong vs Adelaide @ GMHBA

How many intercept possessions for Tom Stewart today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There were two games LAST WEEK when the subs didn't come on at all!

Say who you think should have come off - go on! And say why some teenager was going to do better than then in helping us win the game.

You don't watch the game - you just cut and paste in your previous comments because it's easier to just say the same stuff over and over and over again.

Tex for one, should not be playing but Nicks hoping Tex can save his arse - made at half time.

Spud Murphy easily subbed off in the 3rd.

There were two games LAST WEEK when the subs didn't come on at all!

Say who you think should have come off - go on! And say why some teenager was going to do better than then in helping us win the game.

You don't watch the game - you just cut and paste in your previous comments because it's easier to just say the same stuff over and over and over again.
I watched the full game!

I have already given you names ffs!

You even argued against them.

Have a lie down as you have lost the plot as can't even remember what you posted 5 minutes ago!

Who would you have taken off??

What a ridiculous thing to say. WE WERE WINNING, in a massive upset, due to how well we were competing against a much older side.

The side wasn't going to be improved by bringing a teenager on to get experience - no one deserves to be dragged.
Awkward Cat GIF by Abitan

Fresh legs. First round draft pick. No chance of finals. What's the point of having a sub even?

Bond, pick 60 or something. 6 kicks all game. Murphy, from the souvenir shop, 9 disposals all game. But yeah,
Murphy actually played pretty well, even though people spit when they say his name around here.

Bond was a small defender doing a job shutting down Stengle. You seriously want to take him off?

Who would you have taken off??

What a ridiculous thing to say. WE WERE WINNING, in a massive upset, due to how well we were competing against a much older side.

The side wasn't going to be improved by bringing a teenager on to get experience - no one deserves to be dragged.
"WE WERE WINNING" is not a strong argument when we lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s had to be dragged kicking and screaming to play young guys
Most of young players have come in because of injury... because Nix can't bring it on himself to drop players who have been stnking it up most of the season.

Clearly blindly supports this club & can't say anything bad.

I could understand if we were top 4 like the Cats not bottom 4.

Accepting mediocrity means we won't make finals any time soon.

Leaving Curtin as sub for so long was moronic & could have been the difference.

I have Rocket blocked, so don't see his posts.

Tex was threatening all night. No way should he have been subbed off.

The fact anyone thinks some teenage kid would have come on, replacing a player actually playing well and would have been the difference in us winning - well, that just sounds like nonsense.

I really want Curtin to get experience - but that's a very different thing.

You didn't expect that Geelong was going to come back hard at us?

Who were the players letting us down who should have been dragged??

It was a classic Nicks game. Get back into it, then choke at the end to lose a close one.

I expected Geelong to come back hard because it happens in 90% of close games Nicks coaches.

I'm sorry, that's not worth celebrating. It's the same old shit over and over again.

As for who to sub off, take your pick or half a dozen players including Murphy, Nankervis, Dowling, even Laird or Crouch

Murphy!!!!!!!!
I know every human in SA hates him, but Murphy had been pretty good the first three quarters and had done his role.

You sub Murphy off, then you need to move someone into that role because that's not Curtin. So you're doing multiple moves, just to get a 19 year old out there.

Starting Berry as the sub was the obvious move - except they were right to play him before Curtin, because he had an excellent game.

They weren't struggling - it wasn't obvious AT ALL who to bring Curtin on for.

Christ, the same people with the same ****ing opinions on here, it's like people don't actually watch with fresh eyes every week.
The easy choice is the guy who can never get the ball with any heat in the game.

Last week 2 possessions in the second/third quarter.

Today one in the second and final quarter.

Many other games a similar story.

Curtin comes on for Murphy andplays mid at 3/4 tims we win that game.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know every human in SA hates him, but Murphy had been pretty good the first three quarters and had done his role.

You sub Murphy off, then you need to move someone into that role because that's not Curtin. So you're doing multiple moves, just to get a 19 year old out there.

Starting Berry as the sub was the obvious move - except they were right to play him before Curtin, because he had an excellent game.
You’re right Nicks is not capable of that

Its very telling that in the last cameron goal... He ran his defender totally off his legs... Yet we have a totally fresh player that was just subbed on

But this is just what you expect of Nicks....

I have Rocket blocked, so don't see his posts.

Tex was threatening all night. No way should he have been subbed off.

The fact anyone thinks some teenage kid would have come on, replacing a player actually playing well and would have been the difference in us winning - well, that just sounds like nonsense.

I really want Curtin to get experience - but that's a very different thing.
One of us is posting complete nonsense.

I guess sides leading never use the sub.

When do most team use the sub?

Don't think it's a good idea to use a fresh player like most sides?

Crouch was gassed at 3 quarter time.
Murphy was doing buggar all as usual.
Tex is carrying an injury.

So many options, which any coach with any decent IQ would have made a call much earlier.

But keep defending the indefensible.

It's your protectionist attitude that allows our club to maintain mediocrity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day R21: Geelong vs Adelaide @ GMHBA

Back