Preview R24 | Sydney vs Adelaide | SCG - Sat 24/8 @ 7:40PM AEST | We need to prove a point (unlike last year)

In honour of our guests, what are the Crows best performances against us in recent years?

• 2024 at home – Graciously hosting the biggest Amartey Party yet

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2016 Semi Final – Giving up a 7 goal opening quarter to... us

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2012 Qualifying Final – Kicking 5.12 in a 29 point loss

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2012 – Keeping the Tippett contract so quiet they almost got something for him

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 2013 at home – Kicking as many goals as Jesse White into the 3rd

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2017 at home – Nailbiting loss and Talia's chase on Buddy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2020 at home – Tex missing with 30 seconds left, in front of a usual 4th quarter Adelaide crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 at home – Failing to defend a crucial late kick-in, allowing the game to be iced

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been two months since we looked anything close to the best team in the comp. Most premiers have a two or three week period where that is the case. Not two whole months.

It would be very hard to be optimistic about our chances of doing anything in September if we go into it with that form-line.

Simply must play our best available team and play as close to our best footy as we can possibly get.

Each and every player has to have that hunger/fire in the belly for that extra few % as coaches would say.

Sacrifices have to be made.

Our group either has it or they dont.

It's been two months since we looked anything close to the best team in the comp. Most premiers have a two or three week period where that is the case. Not two whole months.

It would be very hard to be optimistic about our chances of doing anything in September if we go into it with that form-line.

Simply must play our best available team and play as close to our best footy as we can possibly get.
So what team are you optimistic about? What team this year have been consistently good? Who do you see as the obvious premier then?

So what team are you optimistic about? What team this year have been consistently good? Who do you see as the obvious premier then?

None really the ONLY problem is no other contender has had a abomination performance like we did against Port.

That sticks out like a sore thumb as it was so uncompetitive.

I don't think any have been consistently good, but I know we are one of the only teams in it that will be going into finals off a mediocre two month form block if we don't correct course this weekend.

It's a very, very long time to be way off your best footy IMO.

It's going to be a bit of a balancing act this week between building momentum for finals versus resting players. I feel like we're just starting to find some touch again and worry that if we rest too many, we will lose momentum, especially with the week off coming up. However there are some who clearly could do with a break. In particular, Grundy just looks buggered and Hayward busted. Adams has been really down over the last 2 weeks with ToG barely 50% v Bombers. So with that in mind my ins and outs would be:

Outs: Grundy Hayward Adams
Ins: Chad Ladhams Sheldrick (sub)

Corey Warner to play full game off HF with Campbell and Cleary predominantly forward as well. Ideally we can have this game under control during third and sub Sheldrick into the guts for Heeney.

I think I can sum up the previous 12 pages by saying maybe we should rest some players, and if so, which ones, or then again maybe we shouldn’t rest players.

And also maybe the Swans squad and staff think maybe we should rest some players, and if so, which ones, or then again maybe the Swans squad and staff think maybe we shouldn’t rest players.

But we just don’t know for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see more of our players backing themselves in to have shots at goal when they get the ball anywhere in that 50-55m zone. We have some absolutely thumping kicks in our team who, if they had the same bravado as a Gulden or a Warner, could add even more scoreboard impact than what we already get from the midfield.

I always think this and then i remember the leigh matthews view - which i think is actually more accurate that teams which have a lot of shots from 50 kick a lot of lovely points

If it occurs, that is embarrassing from the Crows.

Club didn't like his 'toothless' remark/celebration?
Then have a quiet word with him, in private.

Instead Laird, who is not even in the leadership group comes out and publicly puts Rachele down as his actions were "misaligned" with the club's values.
Adelaide haven't made finals for seven years, they are the worst mix of bland and bad in recent times.

Rachele has apparently copped a bit in the media this week (outside of Laird's comments), so back him in?
Nah, instead it appears they are going to hang Rachele out to dry and have seemingly leaked his dropping to the media.
Not sure what 'values' that displays.

Tyson Stengle carted off to hospital from a nightclub, Geelong backs him in and he plays that week, Rachele makes a comment about the supporters of their biggest rival and gets dumped?

Adelaide FC never change;
Adelaide chairman of selectors.jpg

Keep Florent up the field in an attacking role and completely away from defence unless we need to cover a role.
He is our best set shot in the team and looks so much better running through wing/half forward.

Keep Florent up the field in an attacking role and completely away from defence unless we need to cover a role.
He is our best set shot in the team and looks so much better running through wing/half forward.
I think he has a similar thing to Campbell where he gets the jitters in defence thinking he is effectively the last line so he can't drop it. Up the field the mistake can still be costly but usually isn't as costly so there is less pressure and suddenly his hands turn from butter to glue.

As others have noted, although this view has merit, it gets difficult when JMac returns.

To be fair to Adelaide did anyone else actually watch the game? He was awful the entire game bar that one goal and some of his 'efforts' and it's generous calling them that were bordering on embarassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back