Racism in footy - how far have we come?

Remove this Banner Ad

But for some reason we're expected to feel guilt over that. Its not our fault or our doing. And when they get here and rape Australian women or bash people in gangs and then use the hardship defence when caught, we're just expected to wear that to?
the difference is that different ethnic groups are tarred with the same brush by the white population for the crimes of a few of their constituents, whereas whiteys, who do their fair share of the raping, murdering and violent crimes are not. is the bloke who r*ped and murdered jill meagher reflective of the average whitey? no. but one sudanese dude does that, and they all do.

anyway, racism will never be stamped out of footy because as a place where you can go and shout abuse at people on the field, it will always attract the dipshits to the game regardless of whether they actually like football or not.

Craig Venter and Francis Collins of the National Institute of Health jointly made the announcement of the mapping of the human genome in 2000. Upon examining the data from the genome mapping, Venter realized that although the genetic variation within the human species is on the order of 1–3% (instead of the previously assumed 1%), the types of variations do not support notion of genetically defined races. Venter said, "Race is a social concept. It's not a scientific one
The media and politics are the biggest contributors to public perceptions, neither give much more than lip service to the actual contributing factors which foster racism. Boat arrivals anyone?
An issue blown out of all proportion for political and financial gain.

Clubs now taking very strong stands on fans racist abuse. Shame that Adelaide continues to play a racist.
Fan = possible life ban. Player = wet lettuce.

Clubs now taking very strong stands on fans racist abuse. Shame that Adelaide continues to play a racist.
Fan = possible life ban. Player = wet lettuce.

I think AFL in general has a wider culture problem.

Adelaide obviously from the situation with Walker.

Also though with the Clarko situation (getting to be which one with him).

When are the AFL going to start to make a real stand.

We still have a long long way to go. The face may be changing but the underbelly is still there.

Better pray it happens soon as the percentage of white people continues to dwindle. Non existent birthrates, wealth inequality and weak, apathetic soy drinkers mean Australia will be majority Chinese / Indian in 30 years and we already see how China treats minorities. Like the name says white guilt is exclusively a white people thing. China dgaf

Sadly as a native Australian who spent many years in the NT and has so many great friends and memories there I can see a future 30 years from now where all Aboriginal folks are lamenting "those white fellas weren't so bad after all, why did we hate them do much? Oh well better go using the internet in this Chinese concentration camp eans death for three generations of my family. Bye"

Luckily I am not bringing kids into the world to experience that

Better pray it happens soon as the percentage of white people continues to dwindle. Non existent birthrates, wealth inequality and weak, apathetic soy drinkers mean Australia will be majority Chinese / Indian in 30 years and we already see how China treats minorities. Like the name says white guilt is exclusively a white people thing. China dgaf

Sadly as a native Australian who spent many years in the NT and has so many great friends and memories there I can see a future 30 years from now where all Aboriginal folks are lamenting "those white fellas weren't so bad after all, why did we hate them do much? Oh well better go using the internet in this Chinese concentration camp eans death for three generations of my family. Bye"

Luckily I am not bringing kids into the world to experience that

And your point is what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Racism in footy - how far have we come?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back