Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

So he shouldn't raise his arms to the crowd and smile?

I jokingly said earlier that it's Eddie's fault because he celebrated too much and deserved it. But you are ACTUALLY saying it? F*ck me.

Yeah, I wonder why there won't be much public support of this form of victim blaming. It sounds disturbingly like what Joe Louis went through in the 1930s. Don't show any emotion, otherwise you'll provoke racist fans into doing something racist.

Firstly, using Stephen Rowe to back up an argument doesn't help you.

Secondly, if a player can't celebrate to the crowd after a goal then why are we here?

Looking at the faces of the crowd there, they had basically realized at that moment that their season was a waste - again - and they had a reaction. Flip the bird, point, swear a bit - no worries. That's footy. Throw something at a player across the fence? Banned.
You should know better than this.
We are talking about Port supporters. They are called scum, feral and the filth for a reason. They are the worst supporters in the game, and why would you expect anything less from them? Seriously?

This, the lady is stupid, but Betts should go celebrate with his team mates like (almost) every other player in the league does. He regularly does this, but this time being a Port game that was a mistake. What do you want the emotional Port fans to do people? clap him?

One day, some drunk short tempered person will take a swing.

Pretty sure "provocation" has been removed as a defence against an assault charge.

If you know you can't control yourself, don't go to the footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You should know better than this.
We are talking about Port supporters. They are called scum, feeal and the filth for a reason. They are the worst supporters in the game, and why would you expect anything less from them? Seriously?
And the stereotype bullshit is at an all time high.

Explain this guy?

AJaxmNz.jpg

You clearly haven't got any ******* idea how they sell tickets to these games do you? Port has sections for opposition fans, they are behind the goals.
Whoa pussy cat, calm it down. You are wrong. Just walk away and stop digging. Crows fans are not segregated to a specific bay and you know it. Stop trying to wrangle facts into some twisted reality to suit your twisted pov.

And for the record. Players, ALL Players, can celebrate goals wherever the **** they want. Trying to make an argument that somehow this is partially Eddie's fault is making look more of idiot than you seem to comprehend.

Wingard can celebrate in front of fans too. And he does. Without expecting something thrown at him.
Pretty sure I have never seen Wingard stand there, he's do a celebration on the field...

Whoa pussy cat, calm it down. You are wrong. Just walk away and stop digging. Crows fans are not segregated to a specific bay and you know it. Stop trying to wrangle facts into some twisted reality to suit your twisted pov.

And for the record. Players, ALL Players, can celebrate goals wherever the **** they want. Trying to make an argument that somehow this is partially Eddie's fault is making look more of idiot than you seem to comprehend.
THEY ARE.

I'm quoting what the Port supporter said on the other thread on Twittter that found her out...

Rather than quoting Twitter, use your own eyes. There's this thing called TV these days where you can watch live-action things happening elsewhere, from your own living room. You can even record things and watch them back later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm quoting what the Port supporter said on the other thread on Twittter that found her out...

That's not Heckling though.

Heckling was When Adebayor scored againts his old team Arsenal for his new side City and ran the whole length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans haha. Best celebration you'll ever see.

Poor bloke was set upon by an opposition supporter and the cops are taking him to the first aid station.
What else can you read into it. Looks like an assault victim to me.
I'll give credit for that :thumbsu:

If Robbie Gray did the same and a supporter threw something at him, it's the same scenario.

I'm in no way having a go at the PAFC supporter base, I'm just suggesting Eddie (anyone) has every right to celebrate a goal without fear of some moron throwing shit at him.

Anyone trying to justify the behavior is placed in the same boat as the lady in question.

That's part of the theatre. Forward cops it all game in hostile territory, then gets the last laugh and lets the crowd know all about it. It creates some of the most iconic images in the game.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/8b14b708fea5f22289ed38529c94042e

Pretty disgusting that half the Port crowd celebrated after it was thrown, Disgusting people.

i suspect she is from the banana farmers federation and she was concerned that eddie looks a bit thin and pasty and it was a promotional stunt to get people to eat more bananas. yeah mate, half the crowd were laughing because half the crowd are racist, way to go Einstein. good example of exactly what you claim to be against bigot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back